It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So I have a 3 yr old son 3.5 feet tall 49 lbs red curly hair pale skin.

He was being pretty good while we were running round town and asked if we could go to McDonalds to get him a happy meal, since he was good we agreed.

At the last second we decided to take him inside and let him play on the playground, so he is starting to eat when a little girl probably about 10 comes running into the playground, she looks at him before starting to play pauses looks again and asks if he can come play with her, before we could answer she told him you have to finish eating. I am grinning at the exchange as he turns and looks at us with wide eyes and we say once your done eating.

He wolfs down the food kicks his shoes off and starts to chase her all over the playground, now what really cracks me up is after a bit a couple more families show up (apparently in alaska me and the wife are the odd balls having just 1 kid) so now there is a whole gaggle of kids 8-12 running around this thing. Little doesn't care he goes every where the big kids goes and chats up every single girl on the playground. (as much as any 3 yr old can when everyone is older than him)

I couldn't help myself, I started chuckling and the wife goes what?

He's got more game at 3 than I have ever had in 49 years, he is definitely taking the volume approach over chasing just 1.

Hope we can thread that needle and keep him confident in himself moving forward.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
So I have a 3 yr old son 3.5 feet tall 49 lbs red curly hair pale skin.

He was being pretty good while we were running round town and asked if we could go to McDonalds to get him a happy meal, since he was good we agreed.

At the last second we decided to take him inside and let him play on the playground, so he is starting to eat when a little girl probably about 10 comes running into the playground, she looks at him before starting to play pauses looks again and asks if he can come play with her, before we could answer she told him you have to finish eating. I am grinning at the exchange as he turns and looks at us with wide eyes and we say once your done eating.

He wolfs down the food kicks his shoes off and starts to chase her all over the playground, now what really cracks me up is after a bit a couple more families show up (apparently in alaska me and the wife are the odd balls having just 1 kid) so now there is a whole gaggle of kids 8-12 running around this thing. Little doesn't care he goes every where the big kids goes and chats up every single girl on the playground. (as much as any 3 yr old can when everyone is older than him)

I couldn't help myself, I started chuckling and the wife goes what?

He's got more game at 3 than I have ever had in 49 years, he is definitely taking the volume approach over chasing just 1.

Hope we can thread that needle and keep him confident in himself moving forward.

I think he's got that part under control. Teach him how to not be "that guy", and he will be great. Sounds like you are making a good one.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hahahaha kids. Can’t eat them, forced by law to love them.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Parents are aware that a kid's childhood should be enjoyed, but too few realize that they should be enjoying it just as much, too. I'm glad you get it; the time between empty nest and grandchildren seems like an eternity!

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hehe, sounds like ours. When he'd walk into a room, all the girls would twirl their hair, look bashful and say, "HI, ketsu-son!"

Now he's in the cooties phase, and all the girls are still onto him. They're just picking on him now. That's cooties flirting.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Yea we were down by the river and he wanted to play in a big puddle so we jumped in with him splashing water tossing his favorite rock for the day into the water and just let him be a kid.

Got some reproachful looks and a few big grins from gran parent types.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That kid sounds like he is going all in on living life and not shy at all.
Sounds like a leader in the making.

top topics

join