It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are coming for your Lawns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kristinabee

not what this thread is about

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I've been a naturalist all my life and hated the way nature and the environment was treated in the Detroit area where I grew up. So I moved out to a property that was never inhabited, a hardwood swamp.

Nature rules here, even thrives when things like logging are done, mainly because no one interferes with nature when it grows back. However, humans require some space around their dwelling that is particularly a human space. Because nature abhors a vacuum, that area needs to be managed by cutting it short on a regular basis. Native grasses and sedges will do OK as they are well adapted, the pests and critters not so much in my yard, but they don't need to live in my space.

It's an incredible experience to look out your window and see an array of wildlife at the edge of your lawn, however, it becomes a big problem when they get up close and want to live in your lap. I cut my yard as a buffer zone and maintain it like I would my house (like removing tree seedlings from my gutters or around the foundation).

I am a product of nature and most, if not all, of my activities are natural for humans and are basically instinct. I may have an understanding of what my actions can do to a natural environment and decide based on that, but I have a natural born right to live here. In the end nature rules and will make my efforts disappear in a couple of decades after I leave the area. Even with my lawn, the bears and every other damn critter will waltz through here and do what they do, I see no reason to feel bad that I have done the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2022 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I've been a naturalist all my life and hated the way nature and the environment was treated in the Detroit area where I grew up. So I moved out to a property that was never inhabited, a hardwood swamp.

Nature rules here, even thrives when things like logging are done, mainly because no one interferes with nature when it grows back. However, humans require some space around their dwelling that is particularly a human space. Because nature abhors a vacuum, that area needs to be managed by cutting it short on a regular basis. Native grasses and sedges will do OK as they are well adapted, the pests and critters not so much in my yard, but they don't need to live in my space.

It's an incredible experience to look out your window and see an array of wildlife at the edge of your lawn, however, it becomes a big problem when they get up close and want to live in your lap. I cut my yard as a buffer zone and maintain it like I would my house (like removing tree seedlings from my gutters or around the foundation).

I am a product of nature and most, if not all, of my activities are natural for humans and are basically instinct. I may have an understanding of what my actions can do to a natural environment and decide based on that, but I have a natural born right to live here. In the end nature rules and will make my efforts disappear in a couple of decades after I leave the area. Even with my lawn, the bears and every other damn critter will waltz through here and do what they do, I see no reason to feel bad that I have done the same.

Nature is great, unless you live somewhere with wolves and bear, in which case its best to maintain some distance.

posted on Jun, 29 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This will bring a whole new meaning to yard sales!
edit on 29-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If they take away my lawn...they will be Un-employing a lot of illegal Mexicans

I agree. They do the guys home next door under an assumed name. But..................... The price is RIGHT!

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Nature is great, unless you live somewhere with wolves and bear, in which case its best to maintain some distance.

Even then, they mostly stay away, especially the wolves. I miss the Yukon badly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join