It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOTW2 is being delayed not able to get new machine out for various reasons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:26 AM
link   
A lot is stacked against them from pandemic woes to crappy economy to war in Russia making doing any business ventures risky these days.

A lot of employhees left or died. Iwata died halfway thru BOTW causing this to happen:youtu.be... Significance of Satori Mountain:

The Father of the NES died during the Game Awards likely when Doug Bowser walked up to the podium which is why he walked right back down without saying anything making fans mad Nintendo 'skipped' the event: They skipped it because of a death in the family!!! www.engadget.com...
www.nytimes.com...#:~:text=TOKYO%20%E2%80%94%20Masayuki%20Uemura%2C%20an%20engineer,Kyoto%2C%20Ja pan%2C%20where%20Mr.

This was right in the middle of the Game Awards and earlier Reggie left and he was a major influence. Japanese in general have a hard time with death as they take a long time mourning and things are generally group think if you've ever seen how a Japanese meeting goes there isn't any 'Me' or 'I'in it. Those things do NOT exist so with permanent losses of key people Nintendo is having a hard time regrouping.

What are your thoughts?
I think that Nintendo at first was going to just make it more DLC like they said in an earlier interviewwww.polygon.com...
but it got so big they couldn't and due to it being so big the Switch cannot properly handle what they dream of and don't want this to be another f'k up where they have to scale so much back like cutting out the planned dungeons of BOTW leading to much complaints.

Now more open worlds have come out they need to be careful this time and under a worse economy so people are going to be extra picky what and where they spend their $. YMMV.

They want to do it right but if they do we will be lucky to get > then 25FPS and they are trying to figure out how to make it appealing yet not imitating a lot of violent video games today where the focus is exclusively on sick stuff so it's a fine balancing act they have to do.

Also there has significant worker shortage GLOBALLY which I don't think is all due to pandemic but that's another topic and issue.

edit on 23-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What is BOTW2?

Cause I really don't know, thanks.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

How can you not know what BOTW is? I thought everyone knew, bog standard knowledge like knowing your own name?

You really disappoint me baddmove

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Breath of the wild 2

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I just don't see why I'd have to wait for a Switch 2. I'd be more than fine to play it on an old Switch.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Why would Nintendo need a new console? It’s still a hot seller and does exactly what it claims to do. They made a console mainly for Nintendo devs they never really wanted the same same did they? Mobile doom is awesome even if it is dumbed down.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Because the 1st game ran (runs) almost like crap and if the 2nd one is going to be bigger which they said it will they need a new machine. In fact the trailer 2.0 shows volumetric clouds and other things that the current Switch would struggle at best to provide and it would be like Frame Drop Forest everywhere:

For those that don't know Korok Forest where the Master Sword is glitches out a lot with frames < then 25FPS at times. Kakariko Village is another spot sometimes the game freezes a bit to catch up. The Master Sword Trials (once you acquire the actual sword) has glitchy spots too and random crashes.

As Master Kogha would say in Age of Calamity: "Not good!"

Yeah it's clear they need and want a new machine to come out but the economy isn't right for it and they don't want BOTW2 to be like bloated DLC which was how it was going to start out. Trailer 2 for Breath of the Wild 2 looks like DLC with just reskinned monsters.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

For some reason most people online do NOT know about it outside of certain circles despite it being a best selling game for a long long time due to the amount of things that were STILL being discovered years later and mod support on CEMU. I'm currently going thru Relics Of The Past thanks to Croton doing a blind playthru.

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
just replay the original in 4k with a Zelda mod on the PC it's really good

posted on Jun, 23 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SortingHat

Because the 1st game ran (runs) almost like crap and if the 2nd one is going to be bigger which they said it will they need a new machine. In fact the trailer 2.0 shows volumetric clouds and other things that the current Switch would struggle at best to provide and it would be like Frame Drop Forest everywhere:

For those that don't know Korok Forest where the Master Sword is glitches out a lot with frames < then 25FPS at times. Kakariko Village is another spot sometimes the game freezes a bit to catch up. The Master Sword Trials (once you acquire the actual sword) has glitchy spots too and random crashes.

As Master Kogha would say in Age of Calamity: "Not good!"

Yeah it's clear they need and want a new machine to come out but the economy isn't right for it and they don't want BOTW2 to be like bloated DLC which was how it was going to start out. Trailer 2 for Breath of the Wild 2 looks like DLC with just reskinned monsters.

My little brother has fallout new vegas running just as good as an xbox 360 on his switch. Yeah hes a bit of a hacker, there isn't anything wrong with the switch. the issue is, is that reggie is backing down from a north american market where kids don't play on the go like they do in japan. If nintendo makes a new switch it will probably be more like a cell phone then a switch and it is going to fail. No one I mean no one is going to keep buying up nintendo if they keep doing their bull # I know I stopped playing mario games probably after some of the hand helds when they were still 2d I never liked 3d mario minus mario 64 and me and millions of other people agree. Nintendo is dying because they are assholes and cannot either get with the times or they refuse to remove their faces from their asses.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I always imagined they'd improve upon what made Mario 64 work not go backwards to 2D Mario except maybe as a side game till a bigger one came out to quell any drought. Sadly they didn't do that.

Imagine having a full 3D Mushroom Kingdom to explore AKA: Paper Mario but better: Paper Mario is the closest thing we have to a full Mushroom Kingdom tour and the Paper Mario Master Quest Hack (Maxi and Junior versions)
edit on 24-6-2022 by SortingHat because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Mario going a backwards.

edit on 24-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Small Mario games between big ones

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: justgetahouse1

I mentioned in another post somewhere I'm doing Relics of The Past but can't enter the Lost Woods cause I get shot at just trying to enter. There's one of those trash can machines that chases me around as soon as I enter and that's right past 2 Lizalfos one that jumps from somewhere behind a rock and one to the side.

I think the Relics of the Past should be changed to Legend of Zelda Brink Of Death Edition or the 'Calling of Hylia'.

edit on 24-6-2022 by SortingHat because: A whole lotta shaking going on!

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Breath of the Wild 2. It was announced in 2019 and they made it sound like they were working on it since the first one came out. The first trailer looked pretty serious while the 2nd trailer is pretty stupid looking IMHO. It's like the difference between Electronic Skylab's album 1 sounding so synth space like vs it's 2nd album that feels more like a copy and paste kids dance album.

The whole Link phasing thru the walls makes it seem more arcade like then the 1st trailer with all those moon stones and the big elephant. I think the elephant at the time of Trailer 1.0 was going to be how Link would carry his gear instead of being able to have 30 cords of wood in his pocket.

1 cord = 1 pickup truck's load of wood.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 05:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Moohide

For some reason most people online do NOT know about it outside of certain circles despite it being a best selling game for a long long time due to the amount of things that were STILL being discovered years later and mod support on CEMU. I'm currently going thru Relics Of The Past thanks to Croton doing a blind playthru.

I just saw a video recently of someone who carried a friggin cucco all the way to the Gerudo desert and threw it along with a remote bomb and caused a cucco swarm to deal a butt ton of damage. Saw the same thong where someone pushed a guardian all the way out there and made the two fight.

I ain't got the time for that nonsense, but it looks like a funny way to kill time for those who have nothing better to do.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

a reply to: justgetahouse1

I mentioned in another post somewhere I'm doing Relics of The Past but can't enter the Lost Woods cause I get shot at just trying to enter. There's one of those trash can machines that chases me around as soon as I enter and that's right past 2 Lizalfos one that jumps from somewhere behind a rock and one to the side.

I think the Relics of the Past should be changed to Legend of Zelda Brink Of Death Edition or the 'Calling of Hylia'.

I 100% beat the game on Master Mode. I'm not sure what you're referring to as trash can machines, but the key is either patience or just going back with better gear.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SortingHat

It is because nintendo is still piggy backing off of the people with talent that made them great. The Japanese culture is very prideful and does not like change. They are not going to be relative in a decade and people will always appreciate them based on the retro gaming markets in which even them idiots at nintendo do not want to delve into. They would rather sue you then actually look at ideas from fresh western markets and minds.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The guardians that spin around that belong in the shrines. In the lost woods one jumps from a tree and will chase you all the way back to the entrance though one thing I like is there are 2 (or was it 3) fairies you can get at the Shrine of Resurrection each blood moon and the Giant Ancient Cores reset in the Scavenger Hunt (Optional) side quest. There are a total of 10 Giant Ancient Cores on the Great Plateau I marked most of them on my map.
edit on 26-6-2022 by SortingHat because: Giant Ancient Cores.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

It is because nintendo is still piggy backing off of the people with talent that made them great. The Japanese culture is very prideful and does not like change. They are not going to be relative in a decade and people will always appreciate them based on the retro gaming markets in which even them idiots at nintendo do not want to delve into. They would rather sue you then actually look at ideas from fresh western markets and minds.

I can't make part of your quote bold pressing the bold button just asks for text instead. Anyways as for Japanese culture Nintendo has had some deaths in their family recently. Iwata died which is why Satori Mountain is in BOTW as a sacred place where you find a certain horse: Reggie left them. The Father of the NES died on Game Awards one or two Decembers ago.

Doug Bowser literally walked up to say something then walked away like I think he got the memo in his ear piece and proably wanted to throw up like totally right there? I never have seen such a sad presentation but most fans don't seem to realize these deaths that occurred. Hardly any mentions of them unlike when Walt Disney died everybody knew even some stupid village in Africa would know.

posted on Jun, 26 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I am very well aware of what happened. It doesn't change my stance on that company.

posted on Jun, 27 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The guardians that spin around that belong in the shrines. In the lost woods one jumps from a tree and will chase you all the way back to the entrance though one thing I like is there are 2 (or was it 3) fairies you can get at the Shrine of Resurrection each blood moon and the Giant Ancient Cores reset in the Scavenger Hunt (Optional) side quest. There are a total of 10 Giant Ancient Cores on the Great Plateau I marked most of them on my map.

Gaurdians are fairly simple to defeat. Either hit them with an ancient arrow and that's basically a one shot kill or keep reflecting their lasers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join