It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was there a Homeland Security Command Truck at a small local festival?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in a tiny suburb outside Chicago. There is pretty much no crime here. A few times I had to go down to the station to make a report and literally the police station and jail parking lots were totally empty.

What we do have is outrageous property taxes - a lot of which goes to pay for fancy new supplies of the local police. They have a new police station, new jail, new SUVs, ect.

Once a year, there is a small festival at the high school. It has the standard carnival, bands and food vendors - nothing special. I'm walking around the carnival and I spot a van with the sign "United Command - Homeland Security". First, I thought it was for tours because sometimes they bring fire trucks and police cars to events like these so kids can see inside. But no, the entrance was gated off - it wasn't for tours. It was parked in the corner of the festival.

Why in the world, would they bring a truck like that? I don't think something was going on in secret, I just think this might have been taxpayer funded overkill by our local police. Does anyone know what this was used for? Is it standard for small events like these?

I took a couple of pictures.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks like community outreach type of thing you must’ve been early or late cause looks like it was occupied it got coolers n stuff out front.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Looks like an excuse to blow a few million in public money for a fancy van full of electronics.
They're probably "car camping" like many do in walmart parking lots.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Probably just doing some advanced recon for the next mass shooting site. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

Maybe it's from the fear of a mass shooter, and especially since it's at a High School.

That and they have to make sure to keep their budget up. Gotta spend it all so they can get just as much next year.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Or maybe they just wanted to make sure no free MAGA hats were handed out to any innocent bystanders. Can't be too careful. Book 'em, Dano!

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just pure speculation on my part, but I remember after 9/11 on of the "issues" was police, fire, and paramedics used different radio frequencies and couldn't directly communicate with each others. And city couldn't communicate at all with state and federal departments.

Again this is my opinion, but most of the time that level of separation makes sense because every department fills different roles. And typical events can be coordinated by the county dispatch.

My best guess, with an event contained to couple blocks or less, it makes sense to put that truck in as mobile dispatch and let the people working the event to communicate and respond to on site events, without flooding non-event commutations with data/info they don't need and can't use.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Not to get to nit picky but that doesn't appear to be a U.S. Department of Homeland Security vehicle.

Federal Homeland Security Is called the US Department of Homeland Security, that says Office of Homeland Security Illinois Terrorism Task Force. It seems that it is part of Illinois Law Enforcement, i think just about every state started their own after 911.

here is a link for them, warning opens a PDF.

Homeland Security in Illinois

in fl it fall under FDLE's (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) mission,

Our Role in Domestic Security Since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, FDLE has helped lead the state's domestic security efforts. Under Section 943.0311, FS, FDLE’s Executive Director or designee serves as the Chief of Domestic Security in Florida. FDLE’s Office of Domestic Security works with federal, state, and local officials to prepare for, prevent, protect, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism that affect the state. Seven Regional Domestic Security Task Forces (RDSTF) are strategically located around the state and are comprised of representatives from first responders from fire/rescue, emergency management, public health and hospitals, as well as law enforcement. The task forces also work in partnership with schools, businesses and private industries.The Florida Domestic Security Strategy is the blueprint or plan by which domestic security activities and initiatives are organized and executed in Florida.

FDLE Our Mission

spitballin again, i would say it's one or two things,

it might be set up as a recruitment drive, and they just hadn't open or had closed for the day. you know like how they use to go to high schools and colleges to recruit.

they might deploy them for different reasons, they do have intel that the general public doesn't have.

i would lean more than likely towards recruitment and public out reach.

edit on 21-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Its not unusual. I too live in a suburb of Chicago and they had the same thing here last year during the national night out event. Its just PR and our tax dollars at work. Nothing more nefarious than that.

edit on 6/21/2022 by americanbuffalo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It was probablt there because your town is so small that your emergency responders are barely equipped to handle a small accident, and god forbid an emergency happens during your high school carnival while some old lady is suffering from heat exhaustion in her own home -- there wouldnt be anyone available to respond to a second emergency at the carnival. This unit does nothing but assist with dispatching the nearest qualified crews should an emergency crop up.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 12:55 AM
link   
they're too scared to park that down town by some of the rough spots in the city
they operate on soft target type of dealios i believe
rather then facing real threats to battle with

edit on 22-6-2022 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Looks like IL has it is own 'homeland security' branch ? Weird.

Yeah, that rig looks pricey.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Looks like they didn't exactly buy the truck but hey what the hell do I know anyways =D

policecararchives.org...

Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System

Region 7 - Homeland Security

From the Collection of Terry Kollmeyer

cop archives 1

cop archives 2

contract vehicles

Looks like a contracted vehicle from dude Terry I could link to his personal stuff but won't.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Not to get to nit picky but that doesn't appear to be a U.S. Department of Homeland Security vehicle.

Federal Homeland Security Is called the US Department of Homeland Security, that says Office of Homeland Security Illinois Terrorism Task Force. It seems that it is part of Illinois Law Enforcement, i think just about every state started their own after 911.

here is a link for them, warning opens a PDF.

Homeland Security in Illinois

in fl it fall under FDLE's (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) mission,

Our Role in Domestic Security Since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, FDLE has helped lead the state's domestic security efforts. Under Section 943.0311, FS, FDLE’s Executive Director or designee serves as the Chief of Domestic Security in Florida. FDLE’s Office of Domestic Security works with federal, state, and local officials to prepare for, prevent, protect, respond to, and recover from acts of terrorism that affect the state. Seven Regional Domestic Security Task Forces (RDSTF) are strategically located around the state and are comprised of representatives from first responders from fire/rescue, emergency management, public health and hospitals, as well as law enforcement. The task forces also work in partnership with schools, businesses and private industries.The Florida Domestic Security Strategy is the blueprint or plan by which domestic security activities and initiatives are organized and executed in Florida.

FDLE Our Mission

spitballin again, i would say it's one or two things,

it might be set up as a recruitment drive, and they just hadn't open or had closed for the day. you know like how they use to go to high schools and colleges to recruit.

they might deploy them for different reasons, they do have intel that the general public doesn't have.

i wo``uld lean more than likely towards recruitment and public out reach.

It's highly likely it's a benign reason, FWIW it's Illinois even small movements have started in sleepy little burgs like Skokie. Lets put it this way if I had a big fancy RV Id use it for something just like what it has done here.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   

We do here in Dearborn. Every festival. I work out of it/Command Center.

Can't tell you more, but the answer is an obvious 1. PM me if you'd like....and I can clarify why.

Responder

DHS/FEMA
REGION 2 South

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Probably just doing some advanced recon for the next mass shooting site. Nothing to worry about.

I was just about to mention that after reading the OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It's highly likely it's a benign reason

i'm thinking the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Im curious. What movement has started in the Ellis Island of the North Shore?

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Gestapo Recruting ?

posted on Jul, 4 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I live in a tiny suburb outside Chicago.

What is the name of this suburb?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join