It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS Abortion Decision Watch - Ruling May Come Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Today is one of the scheduled days the SCOTUS releases decisions on pending cases. There are over a dozen cases still pending for this term, including the Dobbs case, which may overturn Roe v Wade.

There are other important cases pending as well, including cases on gun rights and religious liberty. Any of them may come out today, and the abortion case may not because there are still about 2 weeks left in the term.

Personally, I think the Court may not release the abortion case today, for one simple reason: once they release it, they probably aren't going to get much done the next few weeks because of the violence everyone knows is coming. It could impact their ability to finish up their work on any remaining cases. Unless they finished all of them and release them all today.

One SCOTUS correspondent said they are unlikely to read the Dobbs decision from the docket because they will already be in hiding when it is released, which is scary in itself. And the government isn't doing anything. Just like Jan 6, they are going to let the violence happen.

I don't think Democrats realize how tone deaf this is. Allowing and even encouraging riots is always a bad idea, but especially right now when they're having these Jan 6 hearings trying to convince the public that the riot at the Capitol was a bigger deal than us plebs realize.

One of the reasons some of us blew off Jan 6 is because the hyping of it smacks of elitism. These people waved their hands as riots consumed many cities in 2020. They didn't care because it only affected the little people. But when there was a riot that affected them, then it was serious. "The most serious event in the country since 9/11." A riot. Because they're important. We're not. That was how it translated to a lot of the public.

The riots if Roe v Wade is overturned will be a reminder of that. Worse, what if these violent leftists attack the courthouse ? That will completely upend the Jan 6 narrative that only the Right is a "danger to democracy."

For the record, our democracy was never in jeopardy on Jan 6, nor would it be if the court building is attacked. The White House was literally captured and burned by an enemy army in 1814 and that didn't topple our democracy.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Nvm. I was wrong.
edit on 6/21/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Bring it on.
Let the deranged Liberal cult expose themselves even further as the radical extremists they are.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VierEyes
Decisions on released on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Wrong. A decision was just released like 10 minutes ago on another case. It wasn't this one, but there are more coming.

There's a liveblog here.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It looks like we're not getting Dobbs today. They released 5 decisions of the 18 that were pending. Dobbs was not one of them.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Wrong. A decision was just released like 10 minutes ago on another case. It wasn't this one, but there are more coming.

There's a liveblog here.

Ive been watching this just hit though at your link, looks like not today

As several of you have noted in the comments, the Court appears to be finished for the day. We came into the morning with 18 cases left to decide, and now we are down to 13. We are expecting more opinion(s) on Thursday of this week, so the justices are likely to further whittle that number down. The opinions will be released starting at 10 am on Thursday.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yup, looks like a bust. Just like this thread.

They're saying they will release more decisions on Thursday. I really expect them to release this one last, as noted in the OP.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Yup, looks like a bust. Just like this thread.

They're saying they will release more decisions on Thursday. I really expect them to release this one last, as noted in the OP.

It concerns me whether it will spur protests and where, when, how soon, and how large and peaceful those protests will be.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Rioters primed and ready for the event when it finally happens no doubt.

Watch out for Biden doing something unrelated yet awful/crazy/both on the day the decision is announced-you just know hes going to try to pull something while the media are frothing like rabid hounds over the roe/wade announcement and subsequent(and pre arranged) riots.

The perfect time to shadily get away with something..

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Is there any doubt how the five liars will vote?

And the SCOTUS becomes just another political tool. Good for them.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   
-
edit on 6/21/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I wonder if the assassination attempts and death threats will play a role in any of the decisions...

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Is there any doubt how the five liars will vote?

And the SCOTUS becomes just another political tool. Good for them.

Couldn't care less if they're liars as long as they uphold the constitution as that's their job.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There's a liveblog here.

Live blog says they are finished for today. Better get future threads queued up for each upcoming official announcement day, lol.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Can the new justice rule on women's reproductive rights since she can't even define what a woman is?

😂

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Can the new justice rule on women's reproductive rights since she can't even define what a woman is?

😂

Good point. I'd be highly concerned with her knowledge on such things.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When is their next break or recess or whatever they call it?

I bet they drop it on their last day then they all leave D.C. for a few weeks.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Bluntone22

😂

Good point. I'd be highly concerned with her knowledge on such things.

The new Justice will have to recuse herself from certain cases after she is sworn in.

link   
If they were smart, they'd save the abortion debate for the mid terms because that's how democracy is supposed to work. Choose how your taxes are spent, choose which leader to endorse, choose whether Roe v Wade is a federal or state level policy. Delegate to local professionals for defusal instead of clipping the wire yourself.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: timewarpedbrain7
When is their next break or recess or whatever they call it?

I bet they drop it on their last day then they all leave D.C. for a few weeks.

That is precisely the supreme Court's history on major decisions.

They did the same thing when deciding not to take the 2020 case challenging Joe Biden's election legitimacy.

Justice John Roberts declined to accept the case and all the justices went on a 6-week vacation that included Christmas and new years.

Clarence Thomas and a couple of others were so angry at him, Court employees could hear the yelling from outside their Chambers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join