It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Will Restart Coal-Fired Power Plants And Offer Incentives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

I am not a fan of Trump.

Putin suckered them, Trump tried to warn them, but Trump was Russia's stooge, supposedly....LOL

The Russian oil and gas was cheaper than the long term agreement of LNG with US.

posted on Jun, 22 2022 @ 04:27 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't know much at all about the inner workings of Germany. Not my business. I have no burning desire to visit there, I have no business contacts there, and with the likes of Merkel actually holding a high office... nope, better to keep my happy little redneck buttinski right here in Alabama. Besides, with my attitude I'd probably never make it off the tarmac... if someone didn't throw me off the plane before we entered German air space. I don't do well with large amounts of BS.

Seems like there's an awful lot of countries I feel that way about today. It's a quickly growing list. But I digress...

What I do know is this: for years now, I have been posting why this massive push toward "green" energy is a bad thing at this time, not as a casual observer, but as an electrical engineer with a strong background in power distribution and production. And for those past years, I have been poo-pooed every single time Germany was brought up as some sort of savior of the planet because they were going "green." I said back then that they were chasing a pipe dream and no one cared. Germany was the ultimate in modern energy technology, and anyone who had concerns about that was just some sort of shill for the oil companies.

So... as bad as it does pain me to say this... Germany can suck it up as far as I am concerned.

I believe Germany was a big supporter of those Paris Accords Trump saved us from. Assuming I am correct on that, I think that anyone who supported those accords should be prohibited by International law from extending the use of that dirty, messy, evil coal. They were all gung-ho about forcing other countries to stop coal production and use; time to man up and take your medicine like a good little fool.

I do feel a bit of sympathy, just a bit, for all the German people who have been brainwashed over this Global Warming nonsense and the Green Energy political agenda that sprang from its loins. As I understand it, their winters can get pretty harsh over there. But when I try to get all worked up about these poor people who elected the idiot that got them into this mess, well... Jo Dee Messina said it better than I can:
Best of luck Germany. My give-a-damn's busted.

TheRedneck

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join