It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Thought-Experiment - Mosaic-Soup.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

In this new thought-experiment : we might assume that we are a thought-experiment.

We seem to have all of these completely singular, and different points-of-view, filters, and interpretations.
Despite each POV being but a temporary wave, on a choppy ocean :
Unity, similarity, yet : uniqueness.
The experience of duality : within non-duality.

A complex situation, could be described in a thousand different ways, by a thousand different observers.

Is this why we were created, just as we are ?
To experience all that we might, in a billion different ways, as an ultimate tool of exploration of perceptions, and a mosaic of perspectives ?

What if we are Mosaic-Soup ?

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

A complex situation, could be described in a thousand different ways, by a thousand different observers.

Sounds like any individual judged by others and yet those same people still believe in a singular unchanging self to exist?

When not mindful of anything?
Dude! Why are you my kitchen sink right now?

Could be said by someone being mindful... but over time one learns it's best to just ignore it, because not knowing you're someone's kitchen sink is ignorant.

Oh well that wasn't really thinking; But more or less noting and recalling past experience and well not being past or beyond experience... it'll still just keep on arising.

posted on Jun, 19 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seems so, but the great avatars that could share that knowledge, never did. So perhaps there is something that we can never know or perhaps never comprehend, at our level of mind. Taoism calls it the gate to the secret of all life. Dark beyond dark. The door to all beginnings. That's where I have been a knocking, on that doorway. But so far, they refuse to let me in with all the luggage I carry. But I am a stubborn fool. Removing tiny bits of my luggage, bit by bit then knock knock knock. Refusal, tiny bit more, knock, knock, knock.

edit on 19-6-2022 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

If you think of archons as gate guards to someone's heart that is constantly being mined out and poisoned? Then you perhaps may understand some hesitancy in letting people in there... reflecting that against one's own heart should clear the way.

The head flower has thousands of petals and the heart just a few and so many plucking the petals as if they were strings? It's just a stalk trying to regain its own petals back... so who in their right mind would say: Come on in and pluck away... The joke or divine comedy is: You'll just find two stalks without any petals where a heart once resided.

If one cannot reflect on where their own heart lay? How could another ever possibly show them the way to it with theirs? All one will see of someone that says come and see? is a light so bright and blinding they'd have to look away and then how long lost in such darkness blinded by the light thereof not yours?

So it's more of an act of compassion to say sit there or stand there or lay there until your own heart shows up to reveal itself to you and it will do so whether looking within or out... on it's return it'll sit no different than the one that cast you into darkness in demanding to see it. Such a thing is what people have called or referred to as the Dharmata or simply put "Buddha" nature.

edit on 20-6-2022 by Crowfoot because: editing

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

Sounds like any individual judged by others and yet those same people still believe in a singular unchanging self to exist?

Some are judged, more or less severely, by some who judge. Some just observe.
In the context of the OP : condemnation, judgement, ego, and a myriad of other concepts are being explored, through a kaleidoscope of observations. ( Us all. )

When not mindful of anything?

Mindful or not, and all of the analogue scale betwixt.

Dude! Why are you my kitchen sink right now?

Just another experience. Different with sunglasses.
Ever do the dishes with sunglasses and ski-boots on ?

Could be said by someone being mindful... but over time one learns it's best to just ignore it, because not knowing you're someone's kitchen sink is ignorant.

Good point : Each individual sensor is fine-tuned through similar lives, yet rarely knows what the other sensor is picking-up.

Oh well that wasn't really thinking; But more or less noting and recalling past experience and well not being past or beyond experience... it'll still just keep on arising.

It would seem the experiment goes-on...
Probably a good thing...
Unless they already turned the switch off, and we just keep-on keeping-on, and they've asked the IT guy for help now, to shut-down the now out-of-control experiment ?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Seems so, but the great avatars that could share that knowledge, never did. So perhaps there is something that we can never know or perhaps never comprehend, at our level of mind. Taoism calls it the gate to the secret of all life. Dark beyond dark. The door to all beginnings. That's where I have been a knocking, on that doorway. But so far, they refuse to let me in with all the luggage I carry. But I am a stubborn fool. Removing tiny bits of my luggage, bit by bit then knock knock knock. Refusal, tiny bit more, knock, knock, knock.

Who's there ? LoL !
Hi good Glend. In the context of the OP : it's not up to any individual wave, to understand the ocean.
We're just here to wave !

But in the context of the OP : some waves will try to understand the ocean...
No right nor wrong : just the way it is.

Is there a " something " that we can never know, or merely the nothingness of unknown-unknowns ?
How would we know the difference ?

Are we just a potato and a pea, in a great big pot of soup ?

Why do you want to go through a blocked door ?
That whole idea of there being a " refusal " : is interesting to contemplate.

Perhaps some of us like to work-on our sensors, and try to make them different ?

And other sensors are dented and bruised, stained with oil, as they sit buried in an urban dump, with diaper-juice dripping on them...

Me ?
Am going-out walking now in the glorious sunshine, along the bank of an urban river.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The concept of "they" leaves one vulnerable and victimized in a sort of helpless "nothing I can do about it" mindset or frame of reference... be careful; As such a thing is a hidden nihilism.

No one can ride a bicycle for you when it is yours to ride is food for thought... it's the same way with anything. A thousand people could be called the same thing such as "stupid" but those thousand people are not going to react the same way... even though the nature of stupid doesn't change or is ground? The way of people getting called that does make such a concept the only stupid thing to carry as it is not solid ground once in the hands or minds of those to consider it as a possibly of being the self... and yet the thing in itself called stupid is enduring and solid without any application at all.

So all of those people waiting and watching the out come of a thousand people being called stupid and their reaction to it are wasting their time... in recognizing that? There's no reason to waste mine.

The willingness to watch the spectacle is a co-operating cause and as cause and effect goes makes those watching whether known or unknown suffer... turning a blind eye is all anyone can do having lost it in being willing or co-operating in the event of such a thing.

Knowingly guilty surrender as it is called in some belief means just take the suffering since you co-operated in the cause of it occurring... running away from it just means more of the same of digging an even deeper pit to fall into later when not scared or afraid or run away from any previous causes one co-operated in or with.

Doing that anyway by just sitting there standing there or laying there knowing you have given others more than they could handle and not making excuses for it and accepting all of that back for you to have too much to handle actually resolves such a thing... when dealing with that burden that is too much to handle one could say their holy life is fulfilled as the unholy life is still running from it... even on into new wombs and leaving corpses that are more than anyone else wants to handle behind.

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Do you think things such as nihilism should be excluded from the thought-experiment ?
If so : why, and what else should be excluded ?
And who are we, to tell the conductor of this symphonic experiment, that they should not explore certain potentialities ?

The more that is explored, the more forks in the road appear, and more new avenues of exploration.
Depravity, pedophilia, psychopathy, as well as piety, saintliness, and everything in-between, often being explored in the same neighborhoods, across this existence.

If we all cooked-up a batch of soup, with a bunch of leftovers and whatnot : would any two really be the same ?

Dump them all in a great big pot of soup.

One will find a potato and claim : " It's vegetable soup ! "
One finds a pork hock : " It's Porky-the-Pig soup ! "
One finds a bean : " It's Jack-and-the-Bean-stock soup ! "
One finds a bay-leaf : " It's bay-leaf soup ! "
One says : " I don't like soup ! "
" Delicious ! "
" Yuck ! "

And everything in-between...

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ah, so that is the key to the door! I should have realized. That was they key I used once before to enter. Luckily there is no IQ test else I'd never be allowed in.

Thank you Crowfoot, I admire your wisdom

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

What? No. I'm blind as a bat in here. Recognizing what you need to out of anything is your wisdom... not seeing it? There's many like me facing Bodhidharma's wall; The same way I've sat with Joshu's dog Mu; it's no different than what you said about the knocking though... but who knew the heart of the Sangha would be so difficult to enter?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Do you think things such as nihilism should be excluded from the thought-experiment ?
If so : why, and what else should be excluded ?
And who are we, to tell the conductor of this symphonic experiment, that they should not explore certain potentialities ?

The more that is explored, the more forks in the road appear, and more new avenues of exploration.
Depravity, pedophilia, psychopathy, as well as piety, saintliness, and everything in-between, often being explored in the same neighborhoods, across this existence.

If we all cooked-up a batch of soup, with a bunch of leftovers and whatnot : would any two really be the same ?

Dump them all in a great big pot of soup.

One will find a potato and claim : " It's vegetable soup ! "
One finds a pork hock : " It's Porky-the-Pig soup ! "
One finds a bean : " It's Jack-and-the-Bean-stock soup ! "
One finds a bay-leaf : " It's bay-leaf soup ! "
One says : " I don't like soup ! "
" Delicious ! "
" Yuck ! "

And everything in-between...

Do you realize the spoon is the main ingredient and the bowl is the best thing to leave out of it until adding more spoon?

posted on Jun, 20 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Are we just a potato and a pea, in a great big pot of soup ?

The mind wants to label everything. The inner is full of joy witnessing itself in a leaf.

Why do you want to go through a blocked door ?
That whole idea of there being a " refusal " : is interesting to contemplate.

I purchased a virtual reality headset many months back. It was great at first but then I got bored as it was empty of any true substance. So I took it off. This world is also loosing its appeal to me. Desires for things no longer drive my will. So I also want take the VR headset off that is mind. To see things as they truly are.

The door/gate does not allow any man to pass. One must become no-man (aka no mind) to enter. Bathing in the emptiness of the inner corrects the outer (outer becomes inner etc).
edit on 20-6-2022 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crowfoot

Do you realize the spoon is the main ingredient and the bowl is the best thing to leave out of it until adding more spoon?

When the soup is spooning : then perhaps spoonyish ?

When the spoon is souping : then perhaps it's soupyish ?

And any and all possibilities, and who knows about any improbabilities ?

Ain't too many realizations here at this point-of-semi-consciousness.
Pretty much a whole lot of nothin.

In the context of this thread : the more that is explored, the more roads open, and the more processing power is required.
More humans, with larger neural-networks = more nutrients to grow-out the root-system of the tree, enlarge the delta of the river, or diffuse the arms of lightning.

More data-points, and so the experiment continues, and the sample variations grow in multiple ways.

Now leaving the thought-experiment : for bonus points ; anyone wanna compare that to what we observe in today's societies ?

More extreme extremes ?
Exaggerations ?
Constant limit-breaking ?
Subspeciation ?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

The mind wants to label everything. The inner is full of joy witnessing itself in a leaf.

Well gifted. Thank-you.

I purchased a virtual reality headset many months back. It was great at first but then I got bored as it was empty of any true substance. So I took it off. This world is also loosing its appeal to me. Desires for things no longer drive my will. So I also want take the VR headset off that is mind. To see things as they truly are.

The door/gate does not allow any man to pass. One must become no-man (aka no mind) to enter. Bathing in the emptiness of the inner corrects the outer (outer becomes inner etc).

Am totally with ya, about the gateless-gate, upon which somebody knocks : but nobody enters.
Am not searching for anything, other than a thought-experiment.

But am just now figuring, that you and Crowfoot have been commenting outside of the thought-experiment, ya ?

Ole Nothin has been keeping-on the context of the OP.
So for a while : thought youze were just reporting-in on your POV observations, because that sorta fit within the context of the OP.

Might we bounce this back into the context of the OP ?
Admitted as it may, that we are in the domain of thingness, as opposed to nothingness.

We are contemplating we the waves : despite we the ocean.
But yes : it's all ocean, maybe...

My wish is to contemplate the head-water tributaries, and the outlets of the delta : despite the river.
Yeah it's all river, mostly...

The buds, on the end of the new chutes, at the tips of the younger branches, out on strong boughs, a hundred feet up in the air, and the very tips, of new roots, stretching-out into unknown lands : despite the tree.
Just treeness being treeness ?

Maybe sometimes we are the waves ; contemplating the ocean ; and
maybe sometimes we're the ocean ; contemplating the waves ?

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Thanks for directly pointing at the infinite; that one consciousness that breaks through nothing even when nothing is the goal to be a continual arising of something.

Even without the bowl the soup has a kitchen.

posted on Jun, 21 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No matter how experienced, skilled, and yet lost deep in nothingness the monk may be : there is the never-ceasing niggling from that pesky old persistent illusion.

A big dummy like me, who never killed his last buddha, doesn't stand a chance... LoL !!

So the ego is let-out to play sometimes, and imagine that it's observations are important, somehow.

What else is this place, other than a romper-room for egos ?

And so : we play !

top topics

join