It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You sorry rat bastard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm a pretty open-minded person when it comes to pizzas, I've had countless pies, even had a deep dish seafood marinara one that knocked it out of the park. And -- making myself a target here -- I even love a pineapple, ham & jalapenos (FFS, I can at least have some pineapple with my cheese buried, herb-seasoned, berry sauce-slathered bread)

But one thing that I stumbled on today is a No-Go, an absolutely abhorrent lapse in culinary judgement, as well as probably a cultural affront, well, everywhere.

Who in ever-loving hell subs zucchini & yellow squash for green peppers & banana peppers? This # was hidden under glorious mountains of other goodies making up The Works. It looked awesome going in the oven, it baked up smelling AWESOME, and then we dug in.
I'm positive Alpo has better cooked texture & taste than squash on pizza does.

# youuuu, Family Fare, never ever doing your take & bakes again.

Lesson learned here folks, always support your local indie places, because Karma's watching, and she's NOT FUNNY. Ya hear me, lady? NOT. FUNNY.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Papa Murphys has the best out of that whole damn town. IMO

IDK why not one, NOT ONE, pizza joint cant make a sauce that is not sweet.

Oh, yea F FF for a variety of reasons.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If I knew it was going to be your pizza I’d sub the pepperoni with sardines in hot mustard and use ketchup as sauce. Why would I do that you may be wondering. Well it’s simple im just an asshole 🤗

I’m jk
edit on 16-6-2022 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I’ve tried many pizza combos. Seafood Alfredo , chicken bbq , hot wing. The one I couldn’t bring myself to try , pickle pizza.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Papa Murphys has the best out of that whole damn town. IMO

IDK why not one, NOT ONE, pizza joint cant make a sauce that is not sweet.

Oh, yea F FF for a variety of reasons.

PM's never really caught on in the greater general area down here, a lot of those All-In franchise expansion gambles folded within a year of opening. Covid was the Death Knell.

And yes on the gross sweet sauces! A little less Mouthful of Sugar Sauce, and a whole lot more savory, please.

With mebbe some arrabiatta-leanings. Just a hint of Kick!
edit on 6/16/2022 by Nyiah because: clarification

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I even love a pineapple

And that's when I realised you've got a mental health issue and stopped reading, you sicko.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Is the one on Leonard still open?

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

I even love a pineapple

And that's when I realised you've got a mental health issue and stopped reading, you sicko.

Youre not wrong.

However some debilitations can be overlooked!

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The weird thing though is for modern times zucchini (courgette or "baby marrow" - shame) or squash is like a pasta or dough substitute.

That is, the zucchini are literally the noodles, I guess for people on strict vegan or "no carbs" diets.

And they got dough made out of cauliflower, on demand.

Yeah, those veggies don't go on top these days, that's a flour (gluten)-free pizza-base.

What is zucchini pasta?

edit on 16-6-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

If I knew it was going to be your pizza I’d sub the pepperoni with sardines in hot mustard and use ketchup as sauce. Why would I do that you may be wondering. Well it’s simple im just an asshole 🤗

I’m jk

As long as you would put ketchup on it , send me one.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm a pretty open-minded person when it comes to pizzas, I've had countless pies, even had a deep dish seafood marinara one that knocked it out of the park. And -- making myself a target here -- I even love a pineapple, ham & jalapenos (FFS, I can at least have some pineapple with my cheese buried, herb-seasoned, berry sauce-slathered bread)

But one thing that I stumbled on today is a No-Go, an absolutely abhorrent lapse in culinary judgement, as well as probably a cultural affront, well, everywhere.

Who in ever-loving hell subs zucchini & yellow squash for green peppers & banana peppers? This # was hidden under glorious mountains of other goodies making up The Works. It looked awesome going in the oven, it baked up smelling AWESOME, and then we dug in.
I'm positive Alpo has better cooked texture & taste than squash on pizza does.

# youuuu, Family Fare, never ever doing your take & bakes again.

Lesson learned here folks, always support your local indie places, because Karma's watching, and she's NOT FUNNY. Ya hear me, lady? NOT. FUNNY.

Squash and zucchini ? yuck, they cook up wet which isn't good for pizza IMHO but I like pineapple on a pie occasionally. Used to work at a pizzeria, and we would experiment. Ive had some damn good designer pies, It was great having access to a pizza oven, but when you have pizza almost every day you got to experiment. We would bring in stuff and make chicken pesto pizza, we did a chimichanga and steak pizza, and we even did a thanksgiving leftover pizza, which was surprisingly excellent.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'm revolted when I see toppings being vegtebales usually seen in a salad put on a pizza.

Pineapple on a pizza is kind of a sin, but a nice one, once in a while. Being disgusted and enjoying yourself at the same time is quite a feat!

Sometimes, I litteraly put over an inch of mushrooms only under as much cheese as possible, with a few chopped olives and green peppers on top... The juice, ohmmm... Yes, you pizza will be wet, once you cut it, but by everything that's holy... I really love it.
My familly laughed at me for years for me doing it this way for myself. Until they tried it. Jaws dropped on the floor that day...

My ex, despite me asking for it, was always buying salami to make pizzas, saying it was the same thing as pepperoni...

No, ma'am! After 15 years, lol, I told her I wanted pepperoni, and nothing else, for once. She agreed.

That night, I saw 15 years of regret pass on her face, haha. She saw the difference, and now, only buys pepperoni for her pizzas.

On Tasting History with Max Miller, there was the story of pizzas. Welp, it took a while for it to become what it is now.

edit on 16-6-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2022 by coamanach because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2022 by coamanach because: typos... urrhh

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pepperoni. Blech. Too salty.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I ain’t no rat bastard baby.

Eat me. Eaaaaat meeee

Lame internet fail. Can’t Connect

Think the pic didn’t even load lol
edit on 16-6-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I make my own.

I like anchovies on mine with ground pork with garlic and fennel seeds.

edit on 0600000020132022-06-16T20:13:20-05:00132006pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You know what's surprisingsly tasty on pizza?

BROCCOLI.

Seriously.

There was a pizza joint on 6th Street in Austin Texas that used to have a veggie pizza with broocoli.

I tried it once and ended up getting it every time I was down there.

Surprisingly delicious!

edit on 6/16/22 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
We had a pizza one day with fried onions on it. It had regular normal meats and stuff like green pepper on it. That was really good, the fried onions cost a buck more than just plain onions, but there was a pound of fried onions on it minimum, and they seemed to be fried in butter.

Squash on a pizza does not impress me, I would never order that. I don't care for anchovies on pizza either, never have. This healthfood craze is getting on my nerve, the fact that it is pizza means it is junk food, no matter what healthy junk you put on it it is still highly prepared. If you are going to suffer the consequences, it might as well taste great, not like some stupid combinatyion of health food lacking appropriate flavor that is not any healthier overall. Squash is a gourd, there are problems with gourds in health too,
edit on 16-6-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My favorite Cape Town pizza restaurant - Col'Cacchio Pizzaria.
www.colcacchio.co.za...

And my favorite vegetarian pizza is the Ortigiano, with olives and artichoke hearts.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I like a Caesar salad too.

But truth is you put the dressing and croutons on, and you might as well have two cheese-burgers!

Salads have hidden calories like Harry and Meghan allegedly have hidden mics.

Rather have a pizza and enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 17 2022 @ 12:23 AM
link   

People who put pineapple on pizzas have no right to be critical of anyones topping choice. Weirdo.

edit on 17/6/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join