It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist Michio Kaku on the Shift in the UFO Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I like Kaku, he’s an open-minded scientist, and some might say too open-minded. Kaku emphasizes the documented attributes of these UFOs. He points out the evidence of the reality of this phenomenon from an actual evidence-based empirical fact of the so-called UAPs.

There is no doubt a USG shift on UFOs has happened, for better or worse, from the 2017 NYT article that essentially was an IC operation, IMO, to assist in the introduction of To the Stars Academy, now only To the Stars.

Kaku, is a great example of the shift, in that he tells us at one point he was a skeptic, but now he seems all in on this new shift on UFOs.

I've only gone over brief points in this video, I highly recommend hearing the 14-minute video.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I used to respect him
A lot for being open and honest

But he’s a theoretical science and just hasn’t kept up with the UFO/UAP question, this interview was a while ago now, has he stopped holding back?

There are some highly respected professional investigative journalists going all in after just a modest amount of research into the Nimitz reports and pentagon releases, but no mich is still seemly on the fence

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I find the fast-paced rollout of information suspect; nothing is done without an agenda, so learning why they suddenly want everyone to believe in (inferred) aliens as fast as they can convince us is key.

It could be just another diversion aimed at the conspiracy theorists to keep that group focused on something besides the devastation the current administration is causing.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: peaceinoutz

I like Kaku, he’s an open-minded scientist, and some might say too open-minded. Kaku emphasizes the documented attributes of these UFOs. He points out the evidence of the reality of this phenomenon from an actual evidence-based empirical fact of the so-called UAPs.

There is no doubt a USG shift on UFOs has happened, for better or worse, from the 2017 NYT article that essentially was an IC operation, IMO, to assist in the introduction of To the Stars Academy, now only To the Stars.

Kaku, is a great example of the shift, in that he tells us at one point he was a skeptic, but now he seems all in on this new shift on UFOs.

I've only gone over brief points in this video, I highly recommend hearing the 14-minute video.
www.youtube.com...

Michio says that now the burden of proof has shifted to the Pentagon to the military. Who in hell in the Pentagon and military is qualified to prove anything about anomalous aerial phenomena most notably UAP? There is/are no authority/ies to come up even with a simple explanation. Why don't TPTB just hijack this forum, make it a gov't agency and we save them a lot of trouble and money because the members here know a hell of lot more than even the savviest politician/military genius. How can they prove that "these aren't extraterrestrials"?

Physicist Michio Kaku is just the reincarnation of EX-physicist Stanton Friedman. Same blather.

edit on 6 8 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

added this quote because of the reply asked why didn't i quote them.

Who in hell in the Pentagon and military is qualified to prove anything about anomalous aerial phenomena most notably UAP? There is/are no authority/ies to come up even with a simple explanation.

you do realize that the Pentagon and the rest of the military have all manner of scientists both enlisted and contracted working in all fields related to their missions to don't you.

where do you think they come up with all the mispec and requirements for new weapons systems from? the E1 that was a shade tree mechanic back home before he enlisted.

edit on 8-6-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

you do realize that the Pentagon and the rest of the military have all manner of scientists both enlisted and contracted working in all fields related to their missions to don't you.

where do you think they come up with all the mispec and requirements for new weapons systems from? the E1 that was a shade tree mechanic back home before he enlisted.

I never said anything that elicited your response. Why don't you quote me?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You said

Who in hell in the Pentagon and military is qualified to prove anything about anomalous aerial phenomena most notably UAP?

Granted there may be no (and i say may be because we don't know what the Military knows) experts yet, but there is certainly many working both enlisted and officer along with civilian contractors who are scientists that are more than qualified to work on the UFO/UAP question.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   

"How can they prove that "these aren't extraterrestrials"?"

Too easy really, there have been no proven life anywhere else but here on earth so...

Their mandate is to try to find out what is going on.
I'm glad I'm not tasked with a job like that LOL. In fact, I feel bad for the ones that are.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No, Kaku is not a ufologist, Stanton was a top ufologist and sure a physicist like Kaku but he worked as a ufologist. Kaku is a physicist and a scientist who comments topically on ufology.

You make a good point about the Pentagon's supposed capacity to figure this thing out.

What folks might be missing is that much of the ufos have actually been seen over military installations, particularly in the early period1945-47 to the mid-fifties.

So it may be that it's them and their atomic bombs that ufos might be checking out.

There has never been this much ufo action in the sky since 1945 after the nuclear Atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Is it a coincidence or is it significant? And don't say it's the modern era or the technological era alone that has precipitated the massive UFO invasion of the earth since 45. The years 1920 to 45 were technological and modern, yet we just didn't have the number of ufos anywhere near after 1945.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

You said

Who in hell in the Pentagon and military is qualified to prove anything about anomalous aerial phenomena most notably UAP?

Granted there may be no (and i say may be because we don't know what the Military knows) experts yet, but there is certainly many working both enlisted and officer along with civilian contractors who are scientists that are more than qualified to work on the UFO/UAP question.

No matter how many people are assigned to work on the "problem" or mystery of UAP, no one comes to the job with any qualifications. UAP is a mystery, period. And you know that there are untold varieties of UAP similar to all automobiles. Although with automobiles they all have motors and wheels. Some UAP share similarities but the differences outweigh the similarities. These so-called experts have no idea what they're getting into. Their explanations may not be the panacea they may hope for. It's up in the air!

edit on 6 8 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance

"How can they prove that "these aren't extraterrestrials"?"

Too easy really, there have been no proven life anywhere else but here on earth so...

Their mandate is to try to find out what is going on.
I'm glad I'm not tasked with a job like that LOL. In fact, I feel bad for the ones that are.

I would not mind the job. It would be the same as a politician's job, you get well paid, notoriety, and you don't have to produce anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Shill, just like Mic drop.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

LOL true. But if they got to go before Congress on the regular, that will become tedious. Ten years from now - "Senator, we still don't know" 😁

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 10:04 PM
link   

No, Kaku is not a ufologist, Stanton was a top ufologist and sure a physicist like Kaku but he worked as a ufologist. Kaku is a physicist and a scientist who comments topically on ufology.

You make a good point about the Pentagon's supposed capacity to figure this thing out.

What folks might be missing is that much of the ufos have actually been seen over military installations, particularly in the early period1945-47 to the mid-fifties.

So it may be that it's them and their atomic bombs that ufos might be checking out.

There has never been this much ufo action in the sky since 1945 after the nuclear Atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Is it a coincidence or is it significant? And don't say it's the modern era or the technological era alone that has precipitated the massive UFO invasion of the earth since 45. The years 1920 to 45 were technological and modern, yet we just didn't have the number of ufos anywhere near after 1945.

You are out of sync with reality. Both are/were physicist. Friedman retired in 1970 and took up UFOlogy becoming the biggest loudmouth and not everyone was happy with him. Find the threads criticizing his continuing farce as a Nuklear Feecisist, he was a joke. Kaku is a more serious person but he still spews physicist's nonsense to us regular people. I met him a few years ago and cracked him up.

You and I will probably forget more about UAP than Kaku will ever learn, that is the traditional stuff. I don't think that UFOs being seen over sensitive areas is to be considered different since they are seen over the whole earth. Since we don't know their origins and if they have any concern about us, they're just above us, that's all.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I detect a hint of an aggressive and judgmental take on these people. No problem, if you feel a necessity to deal that way, fine. I don’t judge people to be perfect but human first, unless I see blatant dishonesty and neither of these men has displayed such, as far as I’m concerned. Of course, I didn’t agree with Freidman on some UFO issues( MJ12, Roswell) but always thought he was an honest man. Kaku, has entered the celebrity class, and we know that can be problematic but still, he is an alright guy who seems honest, and his opinion is interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I detect a hint of an aggressive and judgmental take on these people. No problem, if you feel a necessity to deal that way, fine. I don’t judge people to be perfect but human first, unless I see blatant dishonesty and neither of these men has displayed such, as far as I’m concerned. Of course, I didn’t agree with Freidman on some UFO issues( MJ12, Roswell) but always thought he was an honest man. Kaku, has entered the celebrity class, and we know that can be problematic but still, he is an alright guy who seems honest, and his opinion is interesting.

I'm not aggressive towards Kaku, I just don't need another voice in UFOlogy that is a parrot. Aggressive towards Friedman, you bet and I don't hide it. I just can't stand praises of Friedman as a "top ufologist". A lot of members here liked him, I never did. He was a liar and an egoist for the money. How can you think he was honest? He knew that the truth would not bring him the big paychecks he was accustomed to. He was not alone but the most prominent. And I met him twice, at the U.N. in 1978 and in California.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

what i find quite illuminating is the fact that all these stories are inconsistent. in the decades since the 1940s, the form of ufos has changed, as if aliens have made a great leap technologically in that short time. in the past, they were small green creatures, then various other forms and species were added, hardly anyone talks about abductions today, but about interdimensional beings or time travelers. it seems as if aliens adapt to the respective zeitgeist. what is also interesting: in the 40s and 50s, clear photos of ufos were taken, mostly in b/w, nowadays it is invariably blurry and unclear pictures and videos.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 04:11 AM
link   

He did a bunch of documentaries on the Discovery channel about 10 years ago, he seemed to be extremely wedded to certain establishment dogma, in particular he'd ignore what real people said about their lived experiences when it came to UFO encounters and abductions. He also seemed wedded to the idea that contact with biological aliens hadn't happened because of the difficulties that they'd have commuting between Earth and their home planet on a regular basis, ignoring the alien base hypothesis.

I'm not inclined to believe that anything groundbreaking can come from somebody so invested in ideas that originated with debunkers.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: loufo

what i find quite illuminating is the fact that all these stories are inconsistent. in the decades since the 1940s, the form of ufos has changed, as if aliens have made a great leap technologically in that short time.

Stanton Freedman actually addressed this in detail. His hypothesis was that people were simply explaining what they saw in terms of what they were familiar with. So it was less a case of the aliens advancing, and more a case of people being more familiar with what they were seeing and so describing them more accurately.

For example, some people reported UFOs as having windows that were visible on the inside, but not from the outside.

To you and me that simply means that the walls might have had built in flat screens displaying images from external camera. To someone form the 1940s who only knew about cinema projectors and CRT screens the idea of a flat panel display built into a wall wouldn't even be a thing.

in the past, they were small green creatures, then various other forms and species were added,

Actually, a lot of the early reports were of near-human aliens and humanoids in space suits. Better and Barny Hill's aliens were almost fully human, as were Adamski's. The gray aliens that are reported today were almost non-existent outside of the US until the 1970s.

The "Various other forms" could simply mean that there are multiple species of alien visiting Earth.

hardly anyone talks about abductions today, but about interdimensional beings or time travelers.

That's mostly from the mainstream media and Hollywood. Which are extremely fickle. They're simply looking for more exciting ideas. Discovery Channel has to keep pushing the boat out to attract new audiences.

The idea of aliens being interdimensional or time travelers isn't actually new. Keel, for example, spoke extensively about both concepts, and some of the early contacted spoke about aliens as existing on higher dimensional planes or at different vibrational levels back in the 1950s and 1960s.

I think that the media is simply shying away from abductions because of current social and political sensibilities. A lot of abductions include rape-like situations. Modern audiences tend to react badly to these things and to turn off.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

But he’s a theoretical science

You realize "theory" in science means it's being tested constantly, right? It does not mean "fabricated" or based on a false pretense. "Theoretical science" does not mean what you're implying. "For a science fair, Michio built a 2.3 MeV “atom smasher” in his parents' garage. Using scrap metal and 22 miles of wire, he created a magnetic field 20,000 times stronger than Earth’s, as well as collisions powerful enough to produce antimatter." Theoretical science.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join