It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discount bonanza set to Boost Nation's Auto Sales by 2 Million in China!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So over here in the USA all we read about is pride this and pride that along with some nut balls shooting AK-47's all over the place. Then we have the microchip shortage. Decades ago I owned Intel, AMD and several others. That was back around 1990 when USA made around 35% of the worlds chips. That figure is now around 11% because its cheaper to go overseas. So much for a threat to National Security. Then again China owns Smithfield Foods which is a major pork producer. Well back in the day Japan owned much of the USA and the financial plug was pulled on them such that to this day their economy never recovered and they lost most of what they owned in the USA. So now its China. Here is an article about a discount bonanza over there in China on cars. Sure seems that they have all the chips they need. Your thoughts and words of wisdom as The Great Satan seems to be stumbling as I recall the chanting in the streets of Iran many years ago.

Chip Shortage Won’t End Until 2024, Says Intel CEO

Discount bonanza set to boost nation's auto sales by 2 million

Seems like China really pulled off the greatest reset in the history of the world, didn't they

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

April 11, 2018 - About 25% of all microchip manufacturing positions in the United States are based in California. Six other states, when combined with California, make up a substantial share of the overall industry: Idaho, New York, Arizona, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Texas.

[brandongaille.com...]

So is the problem we can't ramp up production, or something else? $40 billion invested in expanding US production would have made a huge impact on this not-manufactured-chip-shortage.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

something else?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

April 11, 2018 - About 25% of all microchip manufacturing positions in the United States are based in California. Six other states, when combined with California, make up a substantial share of the overall industry: Idaho, New York, Arizona, Massachusetts, Oregon, and Texas.

[brandongaille.com...]

So is the problem we can't ramp up production, or something else? $40 billion invested in expanding US production would have made a huge impact on this not-manufactured-chip-shortage.

What?!

Product critical goods in the Continental United States?

You must be a Trump supporter!

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You don't discount when things are going well.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good point. I usually trade my truck in next year. I hope this karp is over by then.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Good point. I usually trade my truck in next year. I hope this karp is over by then.

I'd look around the end of August/beginning of September when the new models are coming in.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Will do.

I am going GM again. It would be my 3rd Colorado. I use it to get to my oceanfront property in Nova Scotia. I haven't been there yet. I paid $66,000 US Dollars @ 3 acres with 600' of oceanfront. That's my bug out if USA goes toast.

I own to the water and am 60' above the Bay of Fundy. All wooded with above ground stream. We pais cash so they cant play fiddles with any financing. I saw they have another lot for $30,000 CAD. Larger but 1/2 less trees but stunning view of Maine. Plus all that seafood. I bought lot from retired US Army Officer.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

$30K Canadian is like $4.56 American, you should buy it.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I just may as one can also grow "hooch" up there legally.

top topics

join