It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson To Face Confidence Vote Today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well this will be interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

should be out no questions, we have facts and evidence which shows willful ignorance of what the public were having to endure, as usual ALL politicians are full of crap.

But expecting tory posh boys to do the right thing is about as likely as Wales qualifying for the world cup......oh wait, fingers crossed

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmmmm.... why is nobody talking of whom I regard as a bit of a 'dark horse'.... Dominic Raab.
He is officially Deputy Prime Minister, (one has to ask why Boris gave him this official status). He's an International Lawyer, (One up on Starmer), and as far as I can see no skeletons in his closet. Oh, and I can't see any connection with WEF, unlike Boris.
Given that Boris has persistently bleated on that a change of leadership right now would be irresponsible given the situation in ....Ukraine. The only time a Prime Minister has a 'official' Deputy is during war. Hmmmm..... Dominic Rabb already holds that title, is familiar with International Law, taintless (thus far), sits quietly eating pop corn in the background.
Why does all this stink of a set up?
Boris' position is untenable, but I think he might just get through it by the skin of his teeth like he always does. But how many lives has he already used up?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I think Dominic Raab is a possibility.
But very few are going to throw their hat in the ring at the moment.
They'll wait and see how things play out before making any moves.

I think Boris will survive....but its only a matter of time before he steps down - probably saying he wants to spend more time with his family - and that's when the real plotting and manoeuvring will start.

Party politics, don't you just love it?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who do you think takes over if he gets ousted?

That's a good question but whoever it is they won't have very big shoes to fill , for me perhaps ex Royal Artillery officer Johnny Mercer may be a good fit in these troubled times , he's quoted as saying "being in the Conservative Party is similar to working in a really s**t company” so we can't fault his honesty ... and honesty is a thing that's been missing for quite a while now.

Mercer was a favourite last time but he stood aside for personal reasons and supported BoJo , maybe now is his time.
en.wikipedia.org...(politician)

ETA
I doubt Johnson will lose tonight but the vote will be a wake up call for him.
edit on 6-6-2022 by gortex because: ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Yes, the facts and evidence, are there but will it be enough given the timing?

Then there is his anti-corruption dude MP John Penrose's resignation and suggestion Boris should also resign.

Boris doesn't care and will chance his arm until the Tiger bites it off.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Conservative Party can be pretty brutal when it comes to ousting their leader.
If we're being honest if there was a General Election scheduled for any time soon there's a reasonable chance The Tories would lose - they are in real danger of losing all those former Red Wall constituencies they gained at the last election.
There is a growing sentiment that they have failed to deliver on any of their promises - why people are surprised at that is beyond me.
After years of Austerity literally billions upon billions have been found for one thing or another....but still nothing of any real, substantial worth and merit has been done to achieve the promised 'levelling up' programme.

Will the Tory grandees offer up Johnson as some sort of sacrificial lamb to the public and in turn give a new leader time to claw back some of the lost ground?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Will the Tory grandees offer up Johnson as some sort of sacrificial lamb to the public and in turn give a new leader time to claw back some of the lost ground?

If they don't, i think he might end up a "Lame Duck" Prime Minister same to similar as Theresa May.

Boris is dead weight where a general election is concerned and can only hope to pull them down further by my estimation.

Its the timing freeborn it just seems all wrong.

edit on 6-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I don't think he should be ousted. He should be made to stay and face the impending #show that's about to go down in the UK. One he more or less presided over.

When the revolution starts and the hunt is on for "Big Dog" can I suggest checking the fridge first for the cowardly bastard.

For what it's worth, Boris ain't the worst of them in that particular party. They have an endless line of fascist scum who can step into his big daft clown shoes.

edit on 6-6-2022 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's getting pretty late in the UK. When is this vote supposed to happen?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Tonight about 8 or 9 pm i think.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

6:55pm. Is the time now.
edit on 6-6-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I see the pro/Boris people are bringing in the Brexit frightener. IE. They are saying if you vote for Boris,s removal you are for rolling back Brexit and joining the EU again. In other words they are saying if you voted for Brexit you will vote against yourself if you vote Boris out. So if your still for Brexit you have to vote Boris staying in.
Sneaky subtle mind games.
That's because it's all theater. There is no 'left' or 'right' it's them the 'elites' (or 1%ers) against us the 99% of humanity. Whatever you 'vote' for it doesn't matter , it's all theater. The outcome has been planned for way before any voting.The final outcome being their dystopian nightmare future (NWO)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
the bookies (who are not wrong to often) have him at an %80 chance of.........survival

Politics Live: Boris Johnson rated 80% likely to win tonight's confidence vote

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

What was it Kevin Bridges said, "It's a two-horse race, and someone stole one of the horses" or something to that effect.

Think he was talking about football all the same, but it suits the current climate and political game in the UK just as well.

Politics is broken, seemingly by design no less.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think as 2 successive PMs have faced no confidence votes now your point is proven beyond question.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I think as 2 successive PMs have faced no confidence votes.

And Jeremy Corbyn when leader of The Labour Party.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Apparently, Theresa May has turned up in a ballgown to cast her vote. LoL

Guess she still has somewhat of a bee in her bonnet regarding her own confidence vote fiasco back in December 2018 when she resigned 3 months later.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Johnson survives , for 12 months when they get to do it again.

Wine O'Clock ?

edit on 6-6-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join