It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probe: School Librarian Allegedly Says Students Are ‘Sex Workers’ To Justify Pro-Prostitution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It strikes me the number of people with these extremely Progressive beliefs, taking positions of influence - not in "high school" - but in Elementary schools. It's not an accident - there's a purpose behind this.

What's really odd is that school is packed with illegal alien children, (Unaccompanied Minors), mostly from Latin countries who are lodging with their also illegal family members who are already here.

The parents/guardians must have no idea this is the type of thing being pushed on those kids - the vast majority of Latinos are culturally conservative.

(This school is also a breeding ground for MS-13 - it's the richest county in America, but the rich liberals who moved here en masse and who now run things make damn sure these brown children and their gang problems don't go to the same schools as *their* little darlings. The county is totally red-lined.)

posted on May, 28 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

Oh surely not! That sort of thing only happens with those evil conservatives and in the South.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I can't provide any evidence either; I do see a strong correlation. I know, correlation does not imply causation, but then again, it does wink suggestively, point, and glance over constantly as if to say "look over there!"

I also don't think (at least I hope not) that anyone is suggesting a "Sunday school" type class on religion... those are beyond a school's scope. What was removed was simply a morning prayer or just a moment of silence when the kids would bow their head and silently pray to whatever deity they chose to pray to, or if atheist, simply a show of respect.

We also stopped saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Bottom line, we stopped teaching common rules of society. Respect for religious preference and respect for the country are more than abstract ideas... they ground people. These folks shooting up schools and other places are not grounded... they have no hard limits, nothing that they can absolutely say is right or wrong. Everything is subjective. So while I see this shooting in Texas and think "How could anyone do that?" they will see it and think "Well, depends on just how much I feel..."

And i hear the same thing here on ATS. Everything becomes subjective, so nothing is an absolute wrong... there is nothing that is unacceptable in any circumstance. That means everything is acceptable if the circumstances seem to warrant it.

Religion, no matter what religion one follows, is absolute. God (Allah, Jehovah, whoever) said it, therefore it is so. Allegiance to one's country is an absolute. Feelings do not matter... these are established principles that have withstood the test of time and which are expected... no, demanded... in any society which wishes to survive.

We can't even get an absolute today on 2+2=4... and that is our immediate problem. Bring back school prayer, even if it is just a moment of silence to pray, bring back the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, teach facts as what they are: absolutes that do not care about anyone's feelings. Then, and only then, will we start to see a decrease in these shootings.

But don't expect it overnight. It has taken 40 years to tear down societal absolutes to the point we find ourselves at. It will take time to get back to where we need to be. The only choice we now have is do we fix this for the future; the present is what it is... dangerous and deadly. We made it that way.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Why did god allow himself to be removed from schools if this was going to be the result?

This isn't hurting those who removed god; its rewarding them by giving them exactly what they wanted.

Its hurting the innocent children who have no say in the matter.

What kinda of God allows this to happen?

The Devil needs work too...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

We can't even get an absolute today on 2+2=4... and that is our immediate problem. Bring back school prayer, even if it is just a moment of silence to pray, bring back the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, teach facts as what they are: absolutes that do not care about anyone's feelings. Then, and only then, will we start to see a decrease in these shootings.

But don't expect it overnight. It has taken 40 years to tear down societal absolutes to the point we find ourselves at. It will take time to get back to where we need to be. The only choice we now have is do we fix this for the future; the present is what it is... dangerous and deadly. We made it that way.

TheRedneck

I watched a pod cast, I think it was Lex Fridman, and a profound statement was made.

Governments and religions that last the test of time only do so because there is nothing better to replace them, and this was a totally non-religious topic by scientists etc. If there was something better it would replace them by just how the natural order works.

Religion establishes a bedrock of morals, other things do also, but when we talk on a massive scale that is what it does leaving the whole God thing out of it. When you have a small group remove these lasting morals you get things like Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot where one person or just a small group make new morals on the fly and it doesn't go well.

The left right now is establishing new morals and turning everything that has lasted the test of time upside down, how does anyone think that will turn out.
edit on 29-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2
Why did god allow himself to be removed from schools if this was going to be the result?

This isn't hurting those who removed god; its rewarding them by giving them exactly what they wanted.

Its hurting the innocent children who have no say in the matter.

What kinda of God allows this to happen?

Hes gotta do everything for you?!

what are you, 5?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

From a cursory search, it seems there are grounds for both sides of the argument about the school-prayer decision in 1962 being a contributing factor to these problems.

50 years later, how school-prayer ruling changed America Posted on July 29, 2012 by Charles C. Haynes

Fifty years ago this week, on June 25, 1962, the U.S. Supreme Court declared school-sponsored prayers unconstitutional in the landmark case Engel v. Vitale. Public outrage was immediate and widespread. For millions of Americans, the Court had “kicked God out of the schools,” to use a phrase that has entered the culture-war lexicon.

. . . But here’s the catch: It isn’t true.

Let’s start by stating the obvious: The moral state of the union can’t be correlated to the frequency of government prayers in schools or anywhere else. After all, in the era of daily teacher-led prayers, America had any number of social ills, including segregated public schools.

Just as it would be absurd to blame teacher-led prayer for racism or other moral failures in the 1950s, it makes no sense to blame the absence of such prayers for our moral failures today.

But the Big Lie in the school-prayer debate is the false charge that the Supreme Court expelled God or eliminated praying from public schools. In reality, the Court has never banned prayers in schools — in Engel or in any other decision.

www.freedomforuminstitute.org...

History of School Shootings in the United States

www.k12academics.com...

This one below supports the idea that things spiraled down hill after prayer was removed from public schools.

The Effects Of The 1962 Court Decision

The Unconstitutional Prayer of 1962 covered four areas: "Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence upon Thee, and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers, and our Country."

Before 1962-1963: the courts used Biblical guidelines in all 4 areas.

skatewhat.com...

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I asked this earlier, but how many school shootings have taken place in Catholic or religious schools?

It's not an end-all solution to the problem, but to be honest, it's a potential solution that actually addresses the problem and not the symptom.

We could ban guns, make schools like prisons, arm teachers, but NONE of that is going to address the complete lack of morality that these kids exhibit.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JefeFeesh

My Cousin's Granddaughter just graduated college to be a Teacher. She was advised that if she wanted a good job, not to make waves over the "woke" agenda being pushed by the Unions.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

A true spiritual understanding can teach humility like nothing else. Science can tell you how things happen, but it can't tell you why they happen that way. And many times, when an atheist says it can, they're really just rephrasing how to avoid the metaphysical.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That skatewhat link states that public school education scores have dropped since the prayer in school decision, but that the private schools stayed at pre-decision levels. I didn't dig down to find sources, there are other websites that have figures to compare as well.

SAT Tests have been in America since 1926.
SAT scores had never declined for more than two years straight.
SAT scores, after 1962, plummeted for 18 straight consecutive years.
The Department of Education has stated: This is the first time in American history that we are turning out students who graduate with less knowledge than their parents did." 80-point difference.

Christian Education vs. Public Education:
1962: Only 1,000 Christian schools in the U.S.
1984: 32,000 Christian schools in the U.S.
Currently, 8.5 million students (12% of student population) attend private religious schools.
SAT scores are nearly 80 points higher for private school students than national average. This places them at an equal level to students prior to 1962.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dandandat2

Then there's that whole "free will" thing. . . .

Sorry for my late response.

Am I to believe god isn't intervening on behalf of these children because they have free will to be prostitutes if they want too?

The "free will" argument doesn't seem to make sense in this situation.

My understanding is that the forces of evil are taking over our schools and luring children into prostitution. How is that a matter of "free will"?

Or are we suggesting that its your "free will" that god is protecting in this situation at the expense of these innocent children? That you have "free will" to stop these attacks on children but are slowly failing at it?

If so I still ask the question why does god allow these incident children to suffer just to test/protect your "free will"?

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am not so arrogant as to presume the mind of God.

Sorry.

I'm just not that smart.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I am not so arrogant as to presume the mind of God.

Sorry.

I'm just not that smart.

I completely understand.

Hard to make urgents related to god or lack thereof with out looking arrogant.

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

SAT scores do not accurately reflect ability. The move recently has been to teach based only on the SAT. Teachers teach class specifically so the students can pass the SAT and ignore deeper understanding of the material. So even if the student aces the SAT, they can fail when presented with real-world problems. All they know is information regurgitation. Hell, since reliance on the SAT has increased, colleges are having to teach remedial subjects and lower their goals for classes.

It's noting more than a way to artificially boost artificial scores without actually having to bother with teaching.

Similar situations exist when one talks about IQ scores. A good score simply means one is good in the areas the developers of the test considered important.

The only true way to measure intelligence or knowledge is through performance.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join