It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Liotta has passed away, say it ain't so Joe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ray Liotta has passed away, damn fine actor in 2 of my all-time favorite movies. Goodfellas and Field of Dreams and damn he is only 9 years older than me.

www.usatoday.com...

Ray Liotta, who became a gangster-movie icon in "Goodfellas" and brought a old-time baseball legend back to life in "Field of Dreams," has died. He was 67.

His publicist Jennifer Allen confirmed to USA TODAY that Liotta died in his sleep in the Dominican Republic while filming the new movie "Dangerous Waters." His fiancée Jacy Nittolo was on location with him.

Born in Newark, N.J., the actor had a breakthrough role in Martin Scorsese's mob classic "Goodfellas" playing real-life criminal Henry Hill opposite Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci and often was featured in crime films, including the recent "The Sopranos" spinoff "The Many Saints of Newark." In 2021, Liotta told USA TODAY that he had turned down a part in the original HBO "Sopranos" show because "it just didn't feel right," though series creator David Chase said it was worth the wait to work with him.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I mean.....he looked so young

Anywhere between the ages of 50-70 with all that plastic surgery.

Lame. I liked the Liotta.

maybe too much breakfast jambalaya.
edit on 26-5-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Gutted, he was an awesome actor!

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I mean.....he looked so young

Anywhere between the ages of 50-70 with all that plastic surgery.

Lame. I liked the Liotta.

maybe too much breakfast jambalaya.

I was referring to my own realization, of how fricking old I have become. I apologize but being concerned about my mortality is a completely new realization. Just saw "Field of Dreams" the other day and Ray looked so young it came out in 1989. I was 25 in my prime, damn I had forgotten, it was even before my girls were born. Perhaps that's what it is you get so damn busy with life and then the next thing you know.

Regardless I don't want to be that way or atleast way too young to be thinking about it

Furthermore, what do you have against breakfast jambalaya? it's what any growing boy needs besides it's not like I go to IHOP and try and order jambalaya with my pancakes

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Hahahaha nuthin. I love breakfast jambalaya. Just bustin’ your chops.

I was just talking yesterday as well to a buddy about my own mortality in reference to all the actors who are either dead or retired.

A damn shame. Too young. He was enjoyable to watch.

This decade we will lose most of the old rockers as well.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Hahahaha nuthin. I love breakfast jambalaya. Just bustin’ your chops.

I was just talking yesterday as well to a buddy about my own mortality in reference to all the actors who are either dead or retired.

A damn shame. Too young. He was enjoyable to watch.

This decade we will lose most of the old rockers as well.

Haha I figured as much but in this day and age you sometimes have to check

But seriously I don't want to be one of those guys who get so sentimental about the good ole days and yet sometimes I do. I had relatives that way and I used to promise myself I would try and not be the way when I got older, yet here we are.

Dust in the wind...

the good thing is it's gonna make me really try and enjoy the day.

It's not like we didn't realize how fleeting life was from the last day or 2 anyway.

edit on 26-5-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Did he get "whacked"? Does Joe Pesci have an alibi?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Very sad, indeed. He was one of my favourites. He had a unique laugh that just made me smile every time I saw him.

Here is his voice over (playing himself) in The Bee Movie. I think they did a great job with the animation, capturing his persona perfectly.

R.I.P. Ray

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Goodfellas is in my top 10!!! I’m not one to watch a movie over and over, but that is one that entertains me no matter how many times watched. That character was made for him.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Goodfellas is in my top 10!!! I’m not one to watch a movie over and over, but that is one that entertains me no matter how many times watched. That character was made for him.

I like the way you told that story.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He also voiced the main character
Tommy Vercetti in
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is really sad news. I crossed paths with Ray Liotta once while shopping in a Santa Fe grocery store. He said, "Hi, how are you?" and I smiled, "I'm good thanks, how are you?"

I love how casual and mundane it was.

RIP to a good fella.
edit on 26-5-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like the way you told that story.

Do I amuse you?

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Do I amuse you?

Like a clown.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link