It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Hey if it helped you, then that is all that mattered I would never mock someone that needs and benefits from that assistance.

I hope that is not how this comes off, the shooting got me pondering how fast we are to give pills for everything since about the 1990's when big pharma really cranked up the machine.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel
That's beautiful to hear!

I totally know how much work it is to keep it together. The meds and support help for sure but then it's the person's will that keeps life stable. I struggled for years and it doesn't matter what the root of one's mental illness is, the side orders of stress, anxiety, depression, frustration that can come from it are bad enough and prevent all sorts of "normal" that most take for granted.

The meds lift a little of that weight off for sure and it's wonderful to be on the other side of it.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Hey if it helped you, then that is all that mattered I would never mock someone that needs and benefits from that assistance.

I hope that is not how this comes off, the shooting got me pondering how fast we are to give pills for everything since about the 1990's when big pharma really cranked up the machine.

Yea, that was my bad. I got all defensive because adhd gets slagged off so much.

There sure is a problem with connections to shootings and pills... either it's simple cause and effect due to over or mis prescribing or it's a tag line added by the media while they are fabricating their version of the events to help to create a problem that will need resolution. It helps to create the narrative of the "type" in some of the fuzzy cases in the past. This time I haven't followed much so... I'll zip it now.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No dont worry about being defensive I understand, when I got fired from flying after my diagnosis a guy actually said its a psychological problem I dont want to be in the cockpit with that... I wanted to knock him out for saying such an idiotic thing especially after we had flown together for a few hundred hours.

I know people that have needed and benefited from it, I am just musing poorly about what happens to the human brain when the drug that is meant to adjust things in the brain to help straighten out the pathways (probably poor term been chasing a 3 yr old all day I am beat) gets taken by brain where all the pathways are already functioning as they should.

Again apologies if you felt attacked it certainly wasnt meant that way.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

Yep.

We've done diet and intellectual testing. He's smart, but not that smart. He's in that no man's land between high average and being considered truly gifted. In retrospect, it's probably good he's not gifted. Then he'd have hearing issues, handwriting issues, possibly ADD, AND be gifted. How many special needs can you stack into a kid.

I don't think he has the hyperactive side of things. He is very active, but he doesn't bounce uncontrollably. He does fidget, but he controls his impulses, doesn't forget things, etc. His biggest issues come when the two problems line up together and overwhelm his ability to control.

As he goes into adolescence where the writing demands go up, the classwork demands go up, and the emotional confusion increases, this is going to be a bigger issue.

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ritalin is structurally similar to coc aine and Adderall is amphetamine lol....

Doctors are giving kids watered down coke and meth basically and yes it cause all kinds of issues in the brain as one would expect...

These drugs don't cure anything either it just gets kids high so they can focus.

Those kids need a healthy way to channel their energy and to not be expected to sit in a boring class all day......not meth or coke lol
edit on 25-5-2022 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Well, I can say from experience, it isn't always the parents. Like another poster stated, it's teachers. Who by the way, have NO BUSINESS telling parents their kids have ADD!
In the mid 90's, I was told by a teacher my youngest's teacher said he needed to be on ADD drugs.
I went to his doctor, and said I wanted him evaluated.
I got a prescription for the drugs.
I threw it away, and went to another doctor. This one sent my son to an all day testing appointment.
Turns out, no ADD.

P's me off, that there are so many teachers out there doing this, and parents that just would have taken the script and started medicating their child.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yes, if parents would do their research, they would know: ADD/ADHD is supposed to be a diagnosis of exclusion. You are supposed to rule out all else first. So many things out there mimic it in terms of symptoms.

I know my son's kindergarten teacher really, really wanted him drugged. She just wouldn't say it.

posted on May, 26 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I would bet my last dollar that if the truth could be known, the ADD and ADHD situations are seen amongst youngsters who have been vaccinated to modern standards.

Likely RFK Jr and his supporters have been right all along. There are unintended consequences to injecting children with thimerosal and aluminum. Some data supports that claim, as does common sense.

As another poster has mentioned, giving youngsters powerful psychoactive drugs is a form of lazy parenting. That some school authorities advocate for that is a bad thing, lazy school teachers if you will.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, I can say from experience, it isn't always the parents. Like another poster stated, it's teachers. Who by the way, have NO BUSINESS telling parents their kids have ADD!
In the mid 90's, I was told by a teacher my youngest's teacher said he needed to be on ADD drugs.
I went to his doctor, and said I wanted him evaluated.
I got a prescription for the drugs.
I threw it away, and went to another doctor. This one sent my son to an all day testing appointment.
Turns out, no ADD.

P's me off, that there are so many teachers out there doing this, and parents that just would have taken the script and started medicating their child.

Thats partially how my parents got lured in putting me on meds , my teacher couldnt handle me.

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In the 80’s and 90’s parents were told they had to put their kids on these drugs to allow them to be at school. Kind of coercive stuff....
Then there was the whole “it’s your fault you’re not feeding your kids right “ routine.
edit on 27-5-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I would bet my last dollar that if the truth could be known, the ADD and ADHD situations are seen amongst youngsters who have been vaccinated to modern standards.

Yes there is that too

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: nugget1

I agree, already had the talk with the wife drugs are the absolute last resort cause odds are my son will have it, cause I have it and the wife said even though not diagnosed she checked off most of the symptoms as well.

Things like this that run in the family are almost always caused by bad diet... all plants have toxins and anti-nutrients in them, and sugar is one of the most subtle yet power drugs there is.

Simply eliminating ALL commercial garbage packaged (non)foods as well as all grains and sugars will almost always be enough to eliminate most if not all of these kinds of symptoms in kids.

Switching to as close to a 100% carnivore diet (the appropriate diet for the human species) will get any of the remaining ones, and will take you to a level of health and fitness one can't even imagine.

Try it...

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
In the 80’s and 90’s parents were told they had to put their kids on these drugs to allow them to be at school. Kind of coercive stuff....
Then there was the whole “it’s your fault you’re not feeding your kids right “ routine.

It is true, although what they always recommended as 'right' was totally bass-ackwards.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: chiefsmom

I know my son's kindergarten teacher really, really wanted him drugged. She just wouldn't say it.

It makes them easier to control and far less disruptive.

Until they walk in one day shooting, that is...

posted on Jun, 18 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm realising now that I may be ADHD and need a diagnosis.

Normally I struggle to keep up with crappy people, nevermind people I like to talk to.

My memory is crap. Attention span of a fish. Can't take anything seriously while understanding importance of it all. help

I realised this when I started playing around with 15+ vitamins to dose up if I've been missing on any as I don't eat well. With Omega 3 helping a little, Ginkgo Biloba and coming across a ADHD therapist on YT I realised I may have struggled with EVERYTHING due to by brain being f*cked with adhd...

I lose interest fast enough to not do anything further than start. My lack of progress is in the pocket as well. I'm pissed to find this out this late in my life, I'm furious and sad about how much I've missed.

posted on Jul, 16 2022 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm 42 and still on Adderall. I developed symptoms senior year in high school and was finally given a diagnosis and prescription sophomore year in college. My mom blames computers and says I never had it until I sat on a computer all night when the internet first got popular. She might be right but she also smoked in the car everywhere she drove me around, with the windows rolled up. I'm thinking that might have caused some damage lol.

I have tried just about everything. I'm physically fit and workout daily but nothing gets me to concentrate on the task at hand like Adderall. I'm the dog who is constantly distracted by the squirrel. I'm slowly getting off of the drug but still can't find the key to replacing it. My diet is sound so that's not the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
edit on CDT11America/Chicago232022202271620222022-07-16T23:51:53-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT11America/Chicago232022202271620222022-07-16T23:53:14-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:42 AM
link   
My question is not completely related to the topic.
Should I use CBD gummies for health purposes will it help me or not?

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I was recently diagnosed as an adult with ADHD, they said I would have had it from childhood but back then nobody really knew much about it. It does actually fit now I researched it properly, I watched a Texas university lecture about it and the reality of the illness compared to my belief of it was very different. The trouble is I have been prescribed Elvanse (Lisdexanthetamine) which is essentially a branded street drug. Now it does work for most of the symptoms but it is a difficult drug to live with in its own respect.

But why can some drugs be unsafe and illegal on the streets but then big pharma companies can package them up and sell them for a fortune and all of a sudden they are safe?

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arthurslater

As long as you are not a rare unfortunate who is somehow allergic to cbd then Yes it will help you big time.

There is a very long list benefits with no side effects so it can't hurt and will only help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join