It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of L.A. 1942 - Read all about it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

If it looks like a balloon, and flies like a balloonโ€ฆ..T-h-e-n it must be a balloon ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ›ธ๐Ÿน

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If the object was a balloon or dirigible then it should have easily been brought down when the firing started. Where is the wreckage?
The soldier who launched the weather balloon reported that the 3" guns were firing at the balloon he launched, but they were missing it and apparently didn't shoot it down immediately. Eventually the balloon, if it wasn't shot down quickly enough, would have reached an altitude beyond the maximum ceiling the 3" guns could reach.

www.militarymuseum.org...

At 0306 a balloon carrying a red flare was seen over Santa Monica and four batteries of anti-aircraft artillery opened fire, whereupon โ€œthe air over Los Angeles erupted like a volcano.โ€ From this point on reports were hopelessly at variance.

Is that just a coincidence that all hell broke loose shortly after those balloons were released? I don't think so.

I immediately reported to our regimental commanding officer, Colonel Ray Watson, that the guns were firing at our balloon and that there were no aircraft in sight

Watson sent out the order that none of the 203rdโ€™s 3-inch guns were to fire, then notified the Flower Street Control Room of what was happening. Astonishingly, the order came back from Flower Street to shoot down the balloon.

Notice he sayd they were firing at the balloon, he doesn't say they shot it down!
Are you starting to get the picture? was there a coverup? apparently so based on this:

said Timm, โ€˜I was summoned. I was told to keep my mouth shut, and that there had been seven Japanese planes up there. I was also told that if I repeated my story about shooting at a balloon and not enemy planes, I would be put behind bars.

As for the statement that if they had shot at a balloon, the balloon would have been shot down, possibly so, however what seems likely from that story is that the balloon STARTED the shooting, or else the timing is amazingly coincidental that the shooting just happened to start at the time the balloon was launched, along with the person who launched the balloon reporting that the balloon was being fired upon. Once everyone was shooting like crazy, there didn't have to be a balloon to shoot at any more, they could be firing at smoke from previous bursts of AA fire. Such smoke and AA detonations are all that seem to be visible in the undoctored photo (Forget the doctored photo published in the newspaper).

edit on 2022529 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 29 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Can we all say B-a-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-n

๐Ÿ‘ฝ๐Ÿ›ธ๐Ÿฉโ˜•๏ธ

<< 1   >>

join