It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending sense of doom and constant anxiety/restlessness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi all.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets this. This constant feeling of impending doom, the anxiety, the sadness, the feelings of restlessness?
When I get in that mood nothing seems to help, and I have little patience for anything.
I would need a 'quick fix' , but what? I will to restless and anxious to be calm and focus on meditation or such, even though that could help.

Anything that could help, that you have tried ?
Music and games help, but the emptiness is still there.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I have a corner Closet in my spare bedroom It has a large Bean Bag chair in it and a fan I also have speakers ran to it if I want to play calming music or vibrations.

I sit in the bean bag chair in the pitch dark with the fan running for ' White noise ' , I meditate in there when I cant get my mind to quiet down.

It works wonders for me .

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I smoke a lot and exercise. I find that helpful!

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dontlietome

I smoke a lot and exercise. I find that helpful!
Yes, going for walks with some music is helpful

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Got it bad of late: Just got over a couple years illness, reaching 70, middle of the night anxiety....what ifs, why didnt I's, how did I get...will I die tomorrow? Have I made a difference in anyones life? The car needs an engine...whats that flippin in my chest about?

Yep. Got em all. Know this: its normal. But, please rule out an obvious or less obvious personal organic reason. Then see a doctor....

But, we all got em, get em....and its part of getting older. We care. We are HUMAN>

God luv ya .......
edit on 05222431America/ChicagoSun, 22 May 2022 22:01:24 -050001202200000024 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Got it bad of late: Just got over a couple years illness, reaching 70, middle of the night anxiety....what ifs, why didnt I's, how did I get...will I die tomorrow? Have I made a difference in anyones life? The car needs an engine...whats that flippin in my chest about?

Yep. Got em all. Know this: its normal. But, please rule out an obvious or less obvious personal organic reason. Then see a doctor....

But, we all got em, get em....and its part of getting older. We care. We are HUMAN>

God luv ya .......
I can relate, I have been waking up to anxiety a lot lately. A real bad way to start a day.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

I have a corner Closet in my spare bedroom It has a large Bean Bag chair in it and a fan I also have speakers ran to it if I want to play calming music or vibrations.

I sit in the bean bag chair in the pitch dark with the fan running for ' White noise ' , I meditate in there when I cant get my mind to quiet down.

It works wonders for me .
I don't really have the patience to meditate atm, but I know it does help.
Especially these guys:

I wish I could just switch my thoughts of at times, totally peace & tranquility.
edit on 22-5-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Im feeling fine.

I do fully understand what is bothering you. You know something is wrong. You can sense it. Weird things happening all over the planet. Covid, vaccines,A multitude of new sexual identities. Things dont make sense. governments clamping down on citizens. And now Monkey pox is on the way? New world order? control, control, control!

You feel like a ship on the sea in choppy waters. You are adrift. The storm is just beginning too. There will be famine, disease, war, more racial conflict, more control.

It is having the opposite effect on me. I have a tool I use that keeps me from drifting.

Here is a 2000 year old mosaic that depicts the tool they were using then, and I am using now. It works wonderfully. It puts my mind at ease, and fills my heart with joy. Im so filled with joy sometimes I have tears. Im so happy, I sing.
Do you understand the meaning?

This is no joke. Im very serious.

You call on Him, through his son

He will send who you need to anchor you, and make things right.
edit on 22-5-2022 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I have no scientific basis for recommending this except to say that it works for me:

Before you go to bed at night, wear whatever silver and turquoise jewelry you have. The more the better. As you drift off to sleep, think about something you want to accomplish tomorrow. Not necessarily something you have to do, but something relatively simple, something you at least kind of enjoy, and something you know you can do. Maybe cut the grass, weed the garden, wash the car or change the oil, fix that thing you've been meaning to fix for a while, something that will give you a sense of accomplishment when you are done. Something you can look at and say to yourself, "Well, that's taken care of. Not a bad job if I do say so myself."

Later in the evening, connect with and old friend or family member you may have been out of touch with for a while. Take time and listen to how they are and how things are going for them.

Repeat for a few days.

Doing this helps me to realize that the problems I have do have solutions.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I am not sure where I read this. Nor is it verbatim, but something along these lines....

When we are sad our mind is in the past.
When we are anxious our mind is in the future
When we are none of these our mind exists in the present.

So when you find yourself anxious turn your focus to your breathing. Relax your muscles in your body, be mindful of all the things around you. Be master of your mind instead of its servant.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
Hi all.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets this. This constant feeling of impending doom, the anxiety, the sadness, the feelings of restlessness?
When I get in that mood nothing seems to help, and I have little patience for anything.
I would need a 'quick fix' , but what? I will to restless and anxious to be calm and focus on meditation or such, even though that could help.

Anything that could help, that you have tried ?
Music and games help, but the emptiness is still there.

turn off the tv and internet for a week and go find a dock with water you can visually witness the sun rise or set. Do that as often as needed until you no longer feel like the world is a sh!tty place and God has this under control.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Three Greek aphorisms: "know thyself" were "nothing to excess" and "certainty brings insanity". We have the ability to control our mind, so the first thing I do is examine the source of anxiety; is it coming from within? Am I allowing myself to worry about the 'what ifs' at the expense of being able to enjoy all the good things each day brings?
If so, I know I have work to do in determining why my mind is going down that road, and ultimately remove my emotional response to the triggers of a world gone wrong.
Allowing myself to stress over tomorrow or the past robs me of the ability to enjoy the present, and no matter how tough life gets I can always find a reason to enjoy and be thankful for what good the day brings.

I'm always mindful of the adage 'where attention goes, energy flows' and refuse to let my mind wander down that path for long. Any anxiety I feel tells me I need to start replacing those feelings with the things that bring me peace and calm. The Profit by Kahlil Gibraun is an excellent resource for me whenever current events start to become overwhelming. A PDF version is available.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It can be a warning or it could just be a form of depression or an anxiety disorder (there is always a root cause to constant anxiety often related to childhood trauma or some more recent trauma, PTSD is a form of it as well).

I am living under the constant threats from Russia that they are going to nuke my country (Britain), I lived under that threat through my childhood and teenage years as well so if anyone should feel impending doom it is we that think the Russian threats are not all hot air even though if they DO they will in turn be nuked into last year by our nuclear ballistic submarines taking revenge which is what they are built for and what our submarine officers are trained to do.

I pity more the living in those day's as the nuclear fallout will poison much of the world and the death toll is set to eventually exceed two billion at least through reduced light causing crop failures and famines, nuclear winter and radiation poisoning spreading over the entire northern hemisphere with fallout even spreading into the southern hemisphere.

And that is not taking into account the fact that the OTHER NATO members also will retaliate in full should Russia launch even just one Nuke at ONE NATO MEMBER as an attack upon one is an attack upon all.

But living in fear is no way to live so I say eat, be merry and enjoy life, tomorrow may never come but in the end we and our earthly enemy's will all have to stand before the throne of thrones and answer for our failings, pity the Russian that dares to push that button because the louder lion will roar.

But remember what the Lord said.

26Look at the birds of the air: They do not sow or reap or gather into barns—and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? Consider how the lilies of the field grow: They do not labor or spin.

posted on May, 23 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Sounds like agitated depression.

Google it. Your symptoms are similar.

I would normally recommend seeking medical help but, if you live in the UK, this will probably involve a 5 year wait at least for a Zoom consultation.

You could try phoning 111.

posted on May, 30 2022 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Maybe some tyrosine as it increases dopamine levels in the brain one of feel good chemicals in the body. I found having it daily isn't that good but every few days in the morning before food gives a boost. If your on anything like blood thinners use caution with any supplements it would be best to ask a doctors advice on taking supplements if your on medication. Ive found there are certainly natural alternatives to drugs that can elevate your mood and improve overall well being and state of mind.

posted on May, 31 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Yoga Nidra.....just 20 minutes lying down listening and following a guided body scan calms the Vagus nerve.
There are many to choose from....this is the one the I use most often.

Lizzy Hill "Yoga Nidra 20 Minute Guided Meditation"

edit on 31-5-2022 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join