It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden administration authorizes $100 million more in Ukraine military aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The new defense package includes 18 additional 155 mm howitzers, 18 more tactical vehicles and three additional counter-artillery radars, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said in a briefing for reporters.

Underscoring Washington's support for Ukraine's government, the U.S. Senate separately on Thursday approved an emergency funding bill for the country that included nearly $40 billion in aid and authorized an additional $11 billion worth of PDA, sending the measure to the White House for Biden to sign into law.

Source

The previous EO of the Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA)

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 621 of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 (FAA), I hereby delegate to the Secretary of State the authority under section 506(a)(1) of the FAA to direct the drawdown of up to an aggregate value of $800 million in defense articles and services of the Department of Defense, and military education and training, to provide assistance to Ukraine and to make the determinations required under such section to direct such a drawdown.

In this time of shortages, inflation, deficit spending and the economy shrinking this admin can only spend US dollars.

How much is too much?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The War hawks, War mongers want to further escalate the conflict so they can continue the war.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I guess paybacks can be a bitch, eh?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

“How much is too much”?

My gut reaction to this was nauseating disgust. I don’t approve of the way the government is wasting our money and I absolutely do not feel like they represent me. Forget about civil war for all the current reasons, it’s going to take a revolution to free ourselves from the DEBT these people that don’t represent us have chained us to.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   
WHY is no one stopping this man? WHERE are the people we hired to represent us, and WTH are they doing? Certainly not their jobs!

It makes me really sad to see people and countries supporting the insane US response.

Biden is pushing America to the point of no return, and there are still idiots around the globe cheering him on.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:41 PM
link   
the guy has the intelligence of an acorn squash with dementia on top.

no one can hide his pen?

and he's on his way to asia, nice. is hunter with him?

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Indeed.

From Lloyd Austin's wiki.

Immediately after retiring as CENTCOM Commander, Austin joined the board of Raytheon Technologies, a military contractor, in April 2016.[41][42] As of October 2020, his Raytheon stock holdings were worth roughly $500,000 and his compensation, including stock, totaled $2.7 million.[41] On September 18, 2017, he was appointed to Nucor's board of directors.[43] On May 29, 2018, Austin was appointed as an independent director on the board of Tenet Healthcare.[44] He also operates a consulting firm and has been a partner at Pine Island Capital, an investment company with which Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Michèle Flournoy are affiliated.[45][41]

and....

WASHINGTON: The Pentagon has awarded a Lockheed Martin-Raytheon joint venture $309 million in contracts for the Javelin program, funding a total of 1,300 anti-tank missiles that will backfill US stocks that have been provided to the Ukrainian military, the companies announced today.

In addition to the Javelin systems meant to replace those sent to Ukraine, the two contracts — a $238 million deal announced on May 6 and a $71 million award from May 12 — also include orders for international customers including Norway, Albania, Latvia and Thailand, the Lockheed-Raytheon joint venture said in a statement.

Link

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
More money laundering. Bring the Black Hole Sun. I'm done with this sh*t show.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Money is a joke at this point. I never realized how wealthy the USA was. We could buy everyone a home, a car and a puppy with all the money we've given to other countries, wasted on crap studies, filled crooked pockets and such.

It's only going to get worse. Big Government is growing bigger that ever, probably faster than the general population and it takes money to feed all those gaping pie holes.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be cheaper and make more sense to just send some running shoes?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Wonder where the one Trillion went?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Woot!!

More moneyz being sent to the most corrupt government in Europe.
What's that now, like $50 billion plus?

Double woot!!

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Phew... thought it read 100 billion.. Is the word million even used in Government these days?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Phew... thought it read 100 billion.. Is the word million even used in Government these days?

Apparently when it comes to voters, but wtf do I know.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Apparently when it comes to voters, but wtf do I know.

Did you mean votes?

The voters themselves don't matter, just the votes... Which might as well be stamped "made in China"

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

At this point, isn't it obvious that they're all in on it?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: nugget1

At this point, isn't it obvious that they're all in on it?

To many here, it is still good party vs bad party.

Blackmail with dirty secrets is the most effective tool to control politicians and corporations alike. How else can warfare be such a bipartisan issue?

"We may not see eye-to-eye on abortion, welfare, economics, education, pollution, or ecology, but we can certainly count on each other to find creative means of expending ordinance and ammunition on humans."

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Senate blocks $48 billion aid package for restaurants, other small businesses

The Senate on Thursday blocked a bipartisan bill to provide $48 billion to restaurants, gyms and other small businesses hit particularly hard by the pandemic.

Senators voted 52-43 to hold a vote on the bill, falling short of the 60-vote threshold needed to move forward.

No worries though... Ukraine Neo Nazis will be getting their 100 billion dollar aid package. 🤡🌎

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Seems oke to provide allies with equipment and money.

BUT :

Where was this money when the American public was going through the pandemic.
And endless discussions to give the average American a few thousand to get by.

Fine if you wanna help folks but make sure you got your own stuff sorted out first.

This money should have been invested in American infrastructure and education
edit on 20-5-2022 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Only when theres 100s of them.

top topics

join