It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LunaSee - Circular UFO spotted by amateur astronomer during Livestream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The weather balloon theory would make the "balloon" in this video humongous wouldn't it? We're looking through a telescope which makes things far away look huge. So that weather balloon sitting in an airport hangar would be massive correct?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
If it was a balloon flying past a telescope lense it would cover up the entire lense correct?
Why would you say that? The balloon is typically a long way from the lens.

Where do you think the balloon is?
In the sky, obviously in Earth's atmosphere. The moon has no significant atmosphere, so likely couldn't support any balloon I know of.

You're debunking it because the shadow the circular object creates is not the same shape? That's it?
The alleged "shadow" is circular, and the object said to be casting it is not, so yes that's one problem, but if you read my previous post, see if you can detect the other issue I mentioned:

"There are numerous problems with the "shadow on the moon" hypothesis, such as, why is the so-called "shadow" so much larger than the object supposedly casting the shadow and not even the same shape? At 93 million miles from the sun, the solar light rays are very nearly parallel so I wouldn't expect to see a shadow that large from such a small object."

In fact the dark shadow the Earth casts on the moon during a lunar eclipse called the "Umbra" is smaller than the Earth's actual size. An object very near the surface of the moon would cast a shadow close to the same size as the object, but the further away from the moon, the smaller the dark part of the shadow gets. The "penumbra" gets larger with distance but it's not very dark, not as dark as that black circle.

a reply to: game over man
The size of the balloon in the video depends on numerous factors, like:
The actual size of the balloon.
The altitude of the balloon and total distance to the balloon.
The magnification of the telescope or other magnifying device used, and knowing the field of view might also help.

I would call it a balloon hypothesis, not a "weather balloon" hypothesis. I don't think any specific type of balloon is identified except that it appears to have some kind of payload attached, which could be any one of numerous types of research balloons. For example some balloons measure cosmic rays:

Cosmic Ray Monitoring

edit on 2022520 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   

That was my first thought when I saw the video.

Looking at it frame by frame makes me even more convinced that was the case.

Click for full size.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

The weather balloon theory would make the "balloon" in this video humongous wouldn't it? We're looking through a telescope which makes things far away look huge. So that weather balloon sitting in an airport hangar would be massive correct?

Why would it be humongous? I suppose it could be, if it were a few hundred feet from the telescope/camera. But it could be tens of thousands of feet -- i.e., several miles -- from the camera.

Here's a similar image of a passenger jet flying between a telescope and the moon. This seems to be a pretty good match for scale (size of plane relative to size of object/balloon compared to the moon), but it may be a little off. Discrepancy in scale could be easily explained by the jet being farther or closer to the camera than the balloon. You can find other pictures of jets in telescope images of the moon, and the jet might be larger or smaller than this, but (again) that would be a function of how far the plane is from the telescope.

edit on 21/5/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Looking at the view in Stellarium for the time and location, the image should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise, so a balloon type object with something underneath it would explain it perfectly. It would be interesting to know if the original footage has been rotated by the person who took it or the UFO groups that have picked it up.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here’s a 4 min example of birds creating dark quasi circular shadows……

Just another way of looking at it…….and the optics involved.

One can presume a difference in optics using telescopes, binoculars, vid cams, etc..that would produce different clarities or fuzzy looking “shadows” between the optics and the moon as well as atmospheric conditions of earth at different times and positioning of the moon relative to earth and the viewer……imo.

👽🛸☕️🍩
edit on 21-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As I thought it looked like the object was "balancing" from side to side I decided to create a stabilised version of the video to focus on the object, and this was the result.

It's best seen on a full screen.

I could have slowed it a little, but I thought it was better not to mess even more with the video.

edit on 21/5/2022 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
As I thought it looked like the object was "balancing" from side to side I decided to create a stabilised version of the video to focus on the object, and this was the result.
snip
It's best seen on a full screen.

I could have slowed it a little, but I thought it was better not to mess even more with the video.

I watched your version in 1/4 speed using the YouTube gear icon to select the speed. In my opinion none of the replies made any sense. It's either an alien craft or a mirage.

edit on 5 21 2022 by idusmartias because: To add material.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias
I watched your version in 1/4 speed using the YouTube gear icon to select the speed. In my opinion none of the replies made any sense. It's either an alien craft or a mirage.

In what do you base your opinion?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: idusmartias

Looks like a bird carrying a baloon on a string.

What?
Held under the dorsal guiding feather?

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If that's the case, this could be a weather balloon or research balloon (and payload slung below it) in Earth's atmosphere.

I agree, it looks very similar if not identical. Oh well, I can still dream :p

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Some filtering and zoomies for what it’s worth….

👽🛸🍺🍔
edit on 21-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

In what do you base your opinion?

A telescope is being used, obviously by the quality of the image it's a high-quality 'scope with a drive as the image is steady. Since it's a highly-magnified view it's sharp focus is on the moon's surface and any body between the lens and the lunar surface, such as the alleged balloon, et al, would be rendered as a blur or transparent. The black, round shadow is being cast by the object that is leading the shadow and I accept that it's round if seen overhead but it's flying at an angle we can't see clearly, after all the moon's surface is not flat. I just took an audio CD and held it under my desk lamp over a large piece of white card board and rotated the CD and it cast a variety of shapes including round.

Perhapd I am wrong but I still hold that none of the replies offered come near an adequate, acceptable answer.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Some filtering and zoomies for what it’s worth….

👽🛸🍺🍔

And for what it's worth it looks like a weather balloon with the parachute attached to prevent the equipment from crashing to Earth:

As you can see from the screen grab above, depending on the perspective below, it can look like the object is pulling the balloon.

Further, the comparison of the object being an alien spacecraft to it being anything human created is baseless and still fantasy at this point. Decades and decades and countless sightings and the opportunity for real evidence to present itself to give that comparison a realistic and grounded comparison does not even exist.

I can post things to show the established existence of weather balloons or scientific balloon launches with various measuring equipment, meanwhile no one can show me a speck of real evidence that proves ET comes here. Not even convincing visual evidence. This video isn't convincing evidence in itself.
How is comparing an established fact even given any serious consideration with one that's unproven?

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

If it was an object casting a circular shadow, it wouldn't be cast in the direction it is - the light would need to be from a different direction. It's also noticeable that the shadow (which I don't think it is) doesn't change at all as it passes over the moon. The shadow's distance from the object supposedly casting it should change as it moves relative to the light source.

The only explanation that works is if it is much closer to the observer and is a larger object connected to a smaller one.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A telescope is being used, obviously by the quality of the image it's a high-quality 'scope with a drive as the image is steady. Since it's a highly-magnified view it's sharp focus is on the moon's surface and any body between the lens and the lunar surface, such as the alleged balloon, et al, would be rendered as a blur or transparent.

Only if too close to the telescope, that's why there are several videos of aeroplanes flying across the Moon, as already posted on this thread.
As you can read h ere, telescopes are focused at infinity, which means everything appears more or less in focus, so something as high as an aeroplane or a weather balloon would appear only slightly out of focus.

The black, round shadow is being cast by the object that is leading the shadow and I accept that it's round if seen overhead but it's flying at an angle we can't see clearly, after all the moon's surface is not flat. I just took an audio CD and held it under my desk lamp over a large piece of white card board and rotated the CD and it cast a variety of shapes including round.

Didn't you notice that the relative positions of the round and the smaller objects change, as if the smaller object is suspended from the round one and balancing from side to side?
It's more visible in the close up below.

There's no way a shadow can act like that without the light source moving or the surface where the shadow is projected changes, and none of those things happened, so it cannot be a shadow.

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: ArMaP

I like the idea of a balloon or parachute with some sort of penduluming, dangling payload…..

I gotta say though……if so….the payload looks too oversized for the balloon or parachute ….of course not knowing what the payload could be.

And of course, it’s also about distances and optic’s between the viewer and the moon….imo.

I’m leaning to earth made objects closer to the viewer.

👽🛸☕️🍩
edit on 22-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The weather balloon comparison….

👽🛸🍺

edit on 22-5-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Whatever it is, it looks too big to be the usual payload of a weather balloon.

But it still looks like a balloon with something dangling from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join