It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LunaSee - Circular UFO spotted by amateur astronomer during Livestream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am a Lunatic. I was surfing at YouTube when I noticed this video's title and viewed it. I searched for it here and possibly due to its late date it hadn't been posted. The black circle is not the UFO, it is the UFO's shadow. The UFO is just ahead of it, possibly flying on edge or the angle of the sun gives that illusion. The UFO appears at 0:23 and the poster repeats the footage with various closeups and speeds. Enjoy.

Circular UFO spotted by amateur astronomer during Livestream 👽
May 14, 2022

UFO SECTION 51
Circular UFO spotted by amateur astronomer Ruben Ariza during livestream over the city of Armenia in Quindío, Colombia on May 8th 2022.

The YouTube URL seems to have caused a problem with the ATS computer which displayed this error message:
An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: d9kWl93Gl9ZVgS08)
Learn More

www.youtube.com...

edit on 5 19 2022 by idusmartias because: The vid link didn't copy right.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: idusmartias

Just post the video number mate.
edit on 19-5-2022 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Looks like a bird carrying a baloon on a string.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Just post the video number mate.

Thanks, it's been a while since I posted a video and I forgot. You'd think the ATS computers would do that.

edit on 5 19 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct the reply format.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Good, I was looking forward to some of the more expert analysis from this site.

I was told that it was not a shadow on the Moon from something skimming close to the surface as the shadow would be more diffuse... and that it's couldn't be close to the Moon as more people would have recorded it.

I get their point, but the shadow sure seems to warp as it "climbs" the mts ... and would a shadow that size be diffuse in a near-vacuum, necessarily?

Anyway, I await the more expert folks!

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Looks like a bird carrying a baloon on a string.

Silly comment, violates logic and knowledge of 'scopes.
edit on 5 19 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct the reply format.

edit on 5 19 2022 by idusmartias because: To correct my grammar.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Why is the angle from the'ufo' to its shadow not the same as shown on the craters near the shadow?

I think this is a bird or bug and a photographic artifact.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Why is the angle from the'ufo' to its shadow not the same as shown on the craters near the shadow?

I think this is a bird or bug and a photographic artifact.

Actually, it is. The sun is not directly on the left but just a hair above. The chain of craters show this as their shadows show less on the bottom edges.

edit on 5 19 2022 by idusmartias because: To add material.

posted on May, 19 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Good, I was looking forward to some of the more expert analysis from this site.

I was told that it was not a shadow on the Moon from something skimming close to the surface as the shadow would be more diffuse... and that it's couldn't be close to the Moon as more people would have recorded it.

I get their point, but the shadow sure seems to warp as it "climbs" the mts ... and would a shadow that size be diffuse in a near-vacuum, necessarily?

Anyway, I await the more expert folks!

I concur. Usually I have an explanation that satisfies me, but not this one.

I would think the only thing that would make it more diffuse would be due to position? If it's getting some reflection from earth? I don't know why it should be more diffuse. My impression of a shadow in a vacuum is the same as yours, it should be quite sharp. Just my assumption though.

It's hard to tell on the mountains because of resolution, but it looks like it's reacting to moving over those changes in elevation. Hard to say.

Am I wrong in think to throw a shadow that size would require something quite large? Could it just be a meteor?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Just need old Phage to jump on and tell us it’s a rock. It actually could be a rock. Always difficult to tell with such things. Most of these anomalies end up being something close to the camera or something in the upper atmosphere.

The shadow on this does appear to conform to the surface profile of the moon to a degree. The size of the shadow suggests a very large source object, even with the suns angle. So, likely an object crossing the moons surface. More likely a space rock than an alien - but they are scheduled to turn up soon, so who knows. a reply to: idusmartias

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Could the telescope image be inverted/upside-down? Refracting and reflecting telescopes invert images, just like a camera lens inverts the image.

If that's the case, this could be a weather balloon or research balloon (and payload slung below it) in Earth's atmosphere.

The object might be something like this:

Along with the image maybe being inverted, the object's (balloon's) orientation and direction in the video might also be affected by the angle from which the Moon is being viewed -- such as maybe a somewhat oblique angle.

edit on 20/5/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Could the telescope image be inverted/upside-down? Refracting and reflecting telescopes invert images, just like a camera lens inverts the image.
Yes, the moon is inverted in the video, great question. For example, Mare Fecunditatis is above Mare Crisium when we look at the moon, but those positions are inverted in the video.

If that's the case, this could be a weather balloon or research balloon (and payload slung below it) in Earth's atmosphere.

The object might be something like this:

Along with the image maybe being inverted, the object's (balloon's) orientation and direction in the video might also be affected by the angle from which the Moon is being viewed -- such as maybe a somewhat oblique angle.
Lunar transit videos are almost always earthly objects (if they are not faked) so that should be the first thought we have when seeing them and that balloon hypotheses may work in this case too. There are numerous problems with the "shadow on the moon" hypothesis, such as, why is the so-called "shadow" so much larger than the object supposedly casting the shadow and not even the same shape? At 93 million miles from the sun, the solar light rays are very nearly parallel so I wouldn't expect to see a shadow that large from such a small object.

edit on 2022520 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm seeing it as the larger dark mass is the 'UFO' and the smaller one is the possible shadow on the Moon. I once saw a triangular wedge with small tail fins traverse the Moon while I was observing it through binoculars. It was fleeting, it was totally unexpected and it was very memorable. I have no idea if it was near the Moon or the Earth but when I thought of the odds of actually seeing it in the first place, I was glad I did.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Probably just some swamp gas

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like one of NASA`s weather balloons from the Loon program ?

(post by idusmartias removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this video...I'd say you have to rule out a circular object close to Earth because the object has a shadow on the Moon's surface.

I don't have Facebook so I can't lurk the astronomer's page, but I suggest someone do that and see if he comes across as a genuine amateur astronomer. Has he gone live before? The YouTube links to his FB and you can watch his unedited original version. Which adds a little genuineness to the video imo.

If it is a flying saucer, would it also be a black shadow flying over the moon? Or would we see a craft? For example like a silver color or something? Or does it make sense the large circular object is completely covered in a shadow?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Thanks for sharing this video...I'd say you have to rule out a circular object close to Earth because the object has a shadow on the Moon's surface.
No, there is no object casting a shadow on the lunar surface for reasons I already explained, that was a misinterpretation of the video.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: game over man
No, there is no object casting a shadow on the lunar surface for reasons I already explained, that was a misinterpretation of the video.

If it was a balloon flying past a telescope lense it would cover up the entire lense correct? Where do you think the balloon is?

You're debunking it because the shadow the circular object creates is not the same shape? That's it?

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It could be a weather balloon or other research balloon like the one I have pictured above. The one I showed above even had an instrument payload hanging by a cable beneath it, which gave it a silhouette similar to the object in the video.

And weather balloons can fly 75,000 feet up or more. Although if it were a balloon in the video, it could have been lower as well.

We’ve seen videos and pictures of jets flying in front of the moon as seen through a telescope, so why not a research balloon?
edit on 20/5/2022 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join