It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Killed During Christian Ritual

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Members of an evangelical Christian Church have been arrested for the death of a toddler during an exorcism ritual.

This is a direct result of literal biblical interpretation and what happens when scriptures are not taught allegorically.

With all the talk of Roe V Wade and the accusations flying around about "baby killing", then this also needs to be discussed.

This isn't a attack on anyone's religion, but it seems that children are the biggest victims and the ones paying the ultimate price while their adult leaders continue to abuse and kill them based on a selfish misunderstanding of their scriptures.

Not to mention the rampant sexual abuse in nearly all flavors of modern Christianity.

Why does child abuse seem to go hand in hand with organized religions?

Atheist or Theist, it does not seem to matter.

www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gkskg

Sounds like a cult.

The church where she died is the same one that was searched last month after 3-month-old baby Brandon Cuellar was kidnapped from a San Jose home. The church is known as la Iglesia Apostoles y Profetas and its members meet inside a back room of an East San Jose home.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well they certainly appear to be upright citizens...

+15 more 
posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Average 700 000 abortions a year,
one obscure "Christian" ritual death.
Yea, exactly the same.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Quote: "If Jesus were alive today, he wouldn't be a Christian>" (Mark Twain)

I think criminals, many criminals hide in religion, they are good actors, and they are evil.

Those children are in Heaven and away from all the suffering.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 03:38 PM
link   

We have one of these wacko Inglesia Pentacostal churches in my town too.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't know if it is a cult per se, there are other congregations around the country and not sure if it has the requisite demagogue.

Religions are more or less very successful cults, besides they all start out as a "cult". Christianity was considered a cult within Judaism, prior to it's ascendance.

It is a fringe group within Christendom, but the errors in literal interpretation that befell this group are present in nearly every evangelical protestant Christian sect and denomination.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: abigredneck

I could fill thread after thread of instances where Christendom has betrayed and victimized children. Which is in direct violation of the words of Jesus within the gospels.

My point is not that however, my point is that Children , blameless and innocent, are used as props by all the selfish adults who are supposed to care for them. Democrats, Republics, Left Wing, Right Wing, Religious or Secular.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gkskg
Members of an evangelical Christian Church have been arrested for the death of a toddler during an exorcism ritual.

It doesn't sound like a Christian denomination. It sounds like a cult with an apocalyptic leader, meeting in the back of a house.

My guess is that they probably registered as a church as a way of evading tax.

This is a direct result of literal biblical interpretation and what happens when scriptures are not taught allegorically.

There is no exorcism ceremony or procedure written about in the Bible. In the Bible, demons are cast out by prayer and by ordering a demon to leave, using the authority of Jesus.

If they held literally to the scriptures, they would not be doing an exorcism at all.

The only mentions of strangulation in the Bible (which appears to be how they killed this child) is that animals killed by strangulation are not to be eaten, and one instance of someone committing suicide by self-strangulation.

Again, if they had taken the scriptures literally, they would not have done this.

With all the talk of Roe V Wade and the accusations flying around about "baby killing", then this also needs to be discussed.

This isn't a attack on anyone's religion, but it seems that children are the biggest victims and the ones paying the ultimate price while their adult leaders continue to abuse and kill them based on a selfish misunderstanding of their scriptures.

Not to mention the rampant sexual abuse in nearly all flavors of modern Christianity.

Sexual abuse, child abuse, murder and other crimes happen in all human societies. My suspicion is that they happen a little less in religious situations, however, when such crimes do happen in those situations, they are shocking and get more headlines and more attention.

Consider the total crime reporting in any news site, and compare the number of reports which are religious by nature.

Why does child abuse seem to go hand in hand with organized religions?

Atheist or Theist, it does not seem to matter.

www.nbcbayarea.com...

Child abuse doesn't particularly go hand in hand with organized religion. It is a fault of the human condition. Most arrested child abusers are irreligious.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
It doesn't sound like a Christian denomination. It sounds like a cult with an apocalyptic leader, meeting in the back of a house.

Ingelsia Pentacostal churches are originally from South/Central America but there are plenty here now in the United States. The name alone shows it's a Christian denomination.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I choose Jesus as my lord and savior, I am certainly not a christian. Nice juxtaposition right. I agree with Mark Twain.
On the subject at hand, yes people use all types of the esoteric to legitimize the illegitimate. Everyday.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure they were 'using' the child per se. There is still a lot of voodoo and ritual stuff going on in the world today that easily influences the naïve and uneducated. People are mixed up and gullible, especially in respect to spirits and the spiritual world. People get caught up in some pretty weird things without malicious intent but get carried away in their beliefs, causing harm to others and themselves.

It is sad that the little girl suffered so much and sad that those who were supposed to love and protect her were the cause of her torture and death. Sad all the way around.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lock them up. See ,lefties? Consistency....it’s pretty easy. You just got to have actual values to anchor on to.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hey another point for Religion

In all seriousness I hate Religion I know this may offend many people on ATS , But religion is the greatest evil to ever happen to humanity.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Sounds like a cult.

They are all cults mate .

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I’m wondering how many of these exorcisms result in death.

When I was younger this guy I went to school with, and who lived 2 apartments over from us, died due to a botched exo.

I used to live in what most would consider the hood. A lot of Somalis, lots of Mexican, a group of Polish. Just a festival of cultures and they all lived in our 3 block radius.
There was all these rumours before Walter died of him being “possessed.” Kids in the area would spread rumours from gossiping and what not, because they saw him try to do some really weird things in the area.

His family barely spoke English. Very religious. But just normal people by all other standards.

It was quite the shock to learn what happened to the kid - he was the same age as me, but because he barely spoke English he was in different classes at the school. Sad situation

At the time it was this mysterious story in the area.
And I’m always down for a good demonic possession.
But, now that I’m older and think back about how he acted, it was more than likely that the kid had schizophrenia.
And due to cultural beliefs, ended up dying from ignorance.

Link to article

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Sounds like a cult.

They are all cults mate .

That's the truth!

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Sounds like a cult.

I agree.
That would be an apt description of Christianity in America.
Just for fun, look at a random town in the US in Google Maps.
Count the number of churches.
Now do the same in Japan.

Striking, isn't it?

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

There is no exorcism ceremony or procedure written about in the Bible. In the Bible, demons are cast out by prayer and by ordering a demon to leave, using the authority of Jesus.

Yeah exactly. Inducing vomiting and choking is pretty much the opposite of how Christ exorcised demons out of people.

posted on May, 15 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Where did you read that these people belong to an "evangelical Christian Church" because your link says nothing of the sort. It says that this is a small congregation of people that meet in the back room of someone's house.

Secondly, I don't know why you think this has anything to do with literal biblical interpretation vs. allegorical interpretation. Even clergy who do perform exorcisms don't use choking or forced vomiting as a method for doing so. This has nothing to do with Bible interpretation.

I'm doubting you know much about Christianity or the Bible.

edit on 15-5-2022 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join