It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS "leak" engineered to create civil unrest: my hypotheses

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Do you what The filibuster is?

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Yep
You understand mr Reid already showed you dems the way?

Nobody is buying the bs anymore.
The dems can pass what they like.
They CHOOSE not to, then beg for your vote for no more than political cover.

Quit with the lie that the dems could not pass a bill tomorrow to make abortion legal.

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

I think today proved we were wrong though...

posted on Jun, 24 2022 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Makes more since than what I was saying for sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: vkey08

I think today proved we were wrong though...

Maybe not, it still could have been leaked early to gauge people's reaction.

posted on Jun, 25 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The very idea that an act that was constitutionally protected yesterday could be prosecuted tomorrow as murder in one state and deemed a human right in another, is a good reason why this issue shouldn't be left up to the states.

Both sides are using the term "left up to the states" to either say it in a positive or negative way, but that statement is incomplete. The full statement is "It should be left up to the states IF Congress doesn't get off their asses and do it". Why has Congress been in the teens percent approval rating for decades, its because they are not doing what they should be doing, both sides.

The SE has ruled in the past on a number of things that have been outside of their right do do so. SC has a very narrow gape as to what they should get involved with and that all has to do with the Constitution. They should not be determining if abortions or gay marriages etc. are legal or not, that is Congress. You are only complaining because they over turned something you believe in but what if the SC made a ruling that consensual sex starts one day after puberty? That is the dangers to let them run amok outside of their true scope of authority. Many of these incorrect decisions were made with political motivations driving them. not the law.

It is time to stop that and time for Congress to do their job. Let's say gay marriage is overturned how long would it take Congress to get a bipartisan ruling on it? Better yet, Congress knows its on the chopping block, so why not do it now in making a federal law it is legal, done deal. Same with abortions, federal law to limit it to 12 weeks like EU outside of a few reasons to go past 12 weeks.

All this is easy to fix while doing it the correct way without the SC politically using the Bam hammer instead.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join