It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Instant Regret Stories!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As the title says, Your Instant Regret stories.
Let’s share them.
If there are some really great ones and with your permission, there’s a possibility I’d like to read them out on my Podcast - completely anonymous on your part of course. Sort of as a follow up from todays recorded episode - Not released yet in case your wondering.
But I discuss what I’m about to tell you now.

So, I’ll go first.
This morning. I wake up like every other morning when I’m home.
For the first time this week I decided to check my work email. For those who don’t know, I work one week on, one week off.
I’m on my week off right now. When I get back on site, my first day back has at least 2 hours of me going through me emails from the week I was off.

I sit down at my kitchen island. Make myself a coffee and open up my phones email app.
I start going through this past weeks emails and as I’m doing so, a new email comes in.

It says “ attached is a photo of the new road access”
Well the sender is my coworker and friend.
I open the image and sure enough, it’s an over head image with some mark ups on it, showing a new access.

I just got out of bed. I’m not thinking straight yet. It was like I was on autopilot.
I hit reply and wrote “I think I can see you in that picture… with another man. I’ll just leave it at that”
SEND

Instant horror and regret came over me as I notice I hit REPLY ALL!
I just sat there, literally mouth wide open.
As my stupid comment is sent to 500 site wide users.
Granted, how I usually talk with friends is 100 X more vulgar. This was almost as tame as it gets.

Anyways, 20 seconds later, Boom first reply:
OPPS! Lol

Second Reply comes in around 10 seconds after that:
WOW! You need to recall that email right now!

Then My phone starts ringing.
I answer it.
“DUDE! What did you just do?!”

I say “ I know, I can’t believe I just sent that.
He says, you need to recall that man before someone takes it the wrong way.
I tell him, I’m trying but I’m on mobile and It doesn’t let me.

He says, hold up I’ll go to your office and call you back.
5 of the longest minutes of my life pass by as more and more replies of LOL and OMG! Come in.

He calls, asks my computer password. I get the authentication notification on my phone. I approve it.

He logs in, and 1 minute later he says It’s recalled!
But for everyone who opened it, it’s still going to be there. It doesn’t just magically vanish.

On the weekends, all the higher up management is off site. As long as they didn’t check the new road access email, then they shouldnt have seen my comment.

But to be safe I decided to call my boss.
I told him I’m really sorry. I obviously didn’t mean to send that to the entire site. It was just supposed to be a joke between me and the sender.

I just tell him, I sent so and so a reply that said I can see him with another man in the photo he sent. And I’m really sorry for sending it site wide.
He said ya, you need to be careful with that sort of thing.

My boss knows me well. Knows my sense of humour.
He’s a friend of mine and has always spoke highly of me to other employees on site.

I told him I wanted him to hear it from me before he hears it on the streets lol or H.R or something.
He said thank you for the heads up and that’s that.

But yeah, that’s my instant regret, fresh off the press. And still hot in my mind.

Anyone else have a story they would like to share?

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Nvm

edit on 1-5-2022 by GV1997 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I just got out of bed. I’m not thinking straight yet. It was like I was on autopilot.
I hit reply and wrote “I think I can see you in that picture… with another man. I’ll just leave it at that”

"I think I can see you in that picture...with another man" What's so horrible about that?

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Because some could assume I wasn’t making an observation, but more of an accusation.
And that I was saying he was conducting homo-erotica with a man.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Would you a like Sea Story? A True One???

I’m nearly done writing one now about one of the three worst (because of weather) Commercial Fishing trips I ever went out on while during the years I spent offshore fishing for Scallops.
It’s about a Winter Hurricane and yes, as soon as the lines were thrown from the dock, I regretted not getting off the boat like two other guys did.
You can’t get any closer to loosing a Brand New 100 foot boat built for heavy weather offshore fishing as we did that trip and come home with only one broken arm and for the most part, an intact boat…..well not really intact. She got pretty beat up.
It’s going to be a heck of story.
I’ll probably finish it tomorrow or the next day…

Cheers

da pirate 😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: sausage finger and phones, bad mix

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So about 15min ago while hanging panels for an LED wall at the intel booth for a show Dell is doing I got frustrated trying to get a panel to lock in. They have these strong magnets which kind of line them up and suck them tight together but the tile in was installing wasnt setup right so I had to pull it off and fix it. Will it was being a b#*%& and wasnt coming off. I finally and very forcefully ripped it off and fixed it. Then all frustrated I went to put it back in...except my arm was resting on the back of the tile under it...guess what happens when your nice soft skin gets stuck between 2 magnetic pieces of metal...instant regret!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Each to their own, within reason of course. 😎

a reply to: olaru12

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Working in IT many moons ago, with a crazy bunch of ne'er-do-wells, We often emailed each other inane twaddle. One day, I emailed something very inappropriate for the wrong eyes to read, thinking I'd sent it to one of my colleagues.

Suddenly, a wild Email appears from one of the HR staff. "I'd appreciate it if you could keep your idiocy to your own group." it said.

My shame has never felt so ashamed in my life. How he even got it, still eludes me. And to think, had I known, I could have logged into his Email on the server, and deleted it with subterfuge.

We were he IT staff you feared...

not that day, however... O.o

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 08:34 PM
link   

My life is a never ending story of ' Instant Karma ' .

I figured this out about myself when I was still very young , When I do something that is outright wicked that I know will come with universal repercussions .

The Universe does not wait , My Karma comes almost instantly usually with in the same Hour .

It never surprises me and I'm almost thankful for it.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The 4 tattoos I got in my 20s. I was young and stupid , and rebelling I'm sure.
I later have had 1 removed with laser, which worked out great.
I also have had 3 removed by excision surgery, which did not work out great and left me with ugly scarring.
I regretted the tattoos within a year of getting them , and have hated the scars for the last 20 years or so

I also regret moving to Florida from Europe , 100% my dad pushing me to move as well, which I regrettably did, as
I have never felt at home here, instant regret as well.

edit on 1-5-2022 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Yes please do post it!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Hahah dang!
Did it pinch bad?!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Oh so very similar to my scenario then haha.
Man I know that shame.
Because I think he same way, I say some very, incredibly, ridiculous things.
What I sent today was on the complete starting ending of the spectrum.
So mild in fact that it could be taken as innocent… compared to what I usually say behind closed doors haha.

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Yeah, I can see that being beneficial in a way. Not having to worry each day if mother karma is coming to get her pound of flesh haha

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I got the bad tattoo also.
I had Player on my right arm.
I ended up getting it covered with tribal. But it was like one day I just looked at it and was like, wtf was I thinking!

posted on May, 1 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

The 4 tattoos I got in my 20s. I was young and stupid , and rebelling I'm sure.
I later have had 1 removed with laser, which worked out great.
I also have had 3 removed by excision surgery, which did not work out great and left me with ugly scarring.
I regretted the tattoos within a year of getting them , and have hated the scars for the last 20 years or so

I also regret moving to Florida from Europe , 100% my dad pushing me to move as well, which I regrettably did, as
I have never felt at home here, instant regret as well.

oh man, I've got the worst self done tatts in existence.. they'd have to amputate.. stoopid kid I was..

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You and I received the same gift when we were born.

Ain’t it fun……

The bright side, for some of us, as you're words seem imply, taught the lucky ones to think before they act.

I still get bit now and then when I do something stupid.

Not necessarily bad but, one of those block head moves we make.

Oh well……😎

a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry but you really did make me LOL!

a reply to: jerich0

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I got my one and only tattoo after I turned 50.

Very odd as fishermen like to cover themselves with ink.

Well, in back in my day that the case, today, I really don’t know. I don’t get down to the docks as much as I’d like to you anymore.

Two crossed anchors on the top of my left hand between the thumb and fore finger.

I’ve never regretted it!

Cheers…..

da pirate 😎

a reply to: ancientlight

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: more words

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As soon as I edit and feel it’s complete to the best of my ability I’ll post the story here rather make it an OP.

So far, I am tickled with it.

What a trip that was……Phew phew phew.

All of us on that boat are more than lucky to be here, if we still all are here that is….

I doubt luck had anything to do with it.

We received a true blessing is what my heart tells me!!!

Cheers again….

da pirate 😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: sausage fingers and phones……grrrrr

<<   2 >>

join