It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Touring a 17th Century Furnished Abandoned French Castle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I'm working my way through this vid showing the interior of an abandoned, fully furnished French castle and had to share with my friends here. The tapestries, furniture, fabric, details, even the teapots are stunningly beautiful.
In my opinion, there's a very peaceful, light atmosphere in this gorgeous structure despite the cobwebs and dust.
There is something so fascinating about decadence, and in this case all forms of the word apply (decay/luxury).
(you may have to restart the video from the beginning for the full tour)

Enjoy your tour!
edit on 26-4-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thank you.
I loved that tour.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Amazing, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That gives me so much nostalgia!!!

My dad and I used to go antique shopping in Europe. We lived in a château for a few years too.
The craftsmanship was/is unparalleled. They built things to last hundreds of years.
I miss the woodwork, the metalwork and stonework of Europe.

I also have an obsession with Antique lamps & lighting. That is the first thing I noticed in the video. The chandeliers looked in great condition, just dirty.
Some of the textiles in the video look much newer. On the big bed, the duvet looks like one from 1990's. I wonder if that is when the last occupant was there.

BTW. I would never buy a house with a mansard roof, that is just asking for spirits and problems.
edit on 26-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Amazing, isn't it?

I would so live in that.
Just a portion of the tapestries, paintings and furnishings would pay for a good chunk of the renovations.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

BTW. I would never buy a house with a mansard roof, that is just asking for spirits and problems.

What's the point of owning a 17th. C. chateau without a few ghosts to go along with it?
edit on 26-4-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What's the point of owning a 17th. C. chateau without a few ghosts to go along with it?

Not far from where I grew up there were a lot of old abandoned château’s. There were always rumors that one was a devil worshipping site. It was creeeeepy and I never dared go near it.

The place on the video is lovely and I don’t think it looks that creepy - but- that roof beckons trouble. Know how I’m right? Look at that place, and why is it abandoned? What happened to the owners?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm happy the vid helped bring up some great memories, JAG! Sounds like you had some really wonderful experiences in Europe. Agreed about the craftsmanship and thanks for the warning against a mansard roof; that one's new to me!

edit on 26-4-2022 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:12 PM
link   

thanks for the warning against a mansard roof; that one's new to me!

I read about it a long time ago, it was not a western thing, but if I recall correctly a Feng Shui type of thing. It stuck with me.

There are certain shapes that relay certain energy. For example most would agree a triangle is sharp, a circle is soft.
Many many civilizations believed pyramid shapes held power.
Something about a mansard roof is very bad luck, bad energy and attracting to ghosts and bad things.

Think about it, when you think of a haunted house what is the image that comes to mind. An old house with a mansard roof!! It's no coincidence!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Not far from where I grew up there were a lot of old abandoned château’s. There were always rumors that one was a devil worshipping site. It was creeeeepy and I never dared go near it.

The place on the video is lovely and I don’t think it looks that creepy - but- that roof beckons trouble. Know how I’m right? Look at that place, and why is it abandoned? What happened to the owners?

Demons are bad news...and I wouldn't want to share a chateau with them...but some old ghosts from it's history would be fine with me.

As to when the owners left...there was a Snoopy doll and an old newspaper from 1966...so, at least it wasn't the Nazi occupation that caused them to leave.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   

As to when the owners left...there was a Snoopy doll and an old newspaper from 1966...so, at least it wasn't the Nazi occupation that caused them to leave.

I bet there were people living in part of the house as late at the 1990's. There were other parts of the house that look untouched. If walls could talk!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

BTW Zosimov your avatar and that château have the same "feel".
I bet the scenes with the old antique books made your heart pitter patter!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Those were absolutely among my favorite scenes

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I enjoy these type of YouTube videos. Where someone is exploring somewhere and taking you along. Thanks for sharing I watched a little. Will finish the rest tonight to wind out the day probably on my IPad. This stuff is more enjoyable than most of the garbage they put out on Netflix and some of those other streaming services.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

There are plenty of these here in France.

I think many of the family members who inherit them can't get on so there is no mutual signing to pass them on and sell them when the parental owners pass on.

Shame more of them can't be preserved and opened to the public to enjoy but the upkeep can be horendous.

Beautiful capsules of the past stuck in time.

Some of the older ones are from those who got "the chop" I imagine.

Come to France, still run by nazi pigs, but hey-ho. Damn pretty in places. Timeless too.

Bring your own dream though, they aren't provided.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I bet there were people living in part of the house as late at the 1990's. There were other parts of the house that look untouched. If walls could talk!

In places like that, people often live in the kitchen or a small part of the property while the rest falls apart around them. Very common, especially in the larger residences where there are no decendants who wanted to stay there who chased whatever their school said they should chase.

Traditional French life is about practicality and it is SO satisfying.

Keeping warm in winter at minimal cost, usually a woodburner or a woodburning cooker.

It's a really human analogue existance and great for the soul.

I live this way in a tiny bungalow with minimal resources. Very satisfying. I laugh at the sheeple (quietly and happily).

Middle of nowhere and GREAT internnet speed.... lol
edit on 26/4/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Came across this series as a result of this inspiring thread.

Restoration Home: Scottish Castle (Before and After) | History Documentary | Reel Truth History
www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-4-2022 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Sounds like a lovely way to live, nerbot!

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, TAT
Very cool series as far as I can tell. I'm looking forward to checking it out after work.

posted on Apr, 27 2022 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Thanks for posting, TAT
Very cool series as far as I can tell. I'm looking forward to checking it out after work.

Here is one more...Old Rothschild castle which was used as 'Wayne Manor':
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join