It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest victim of supply chain woes BRAS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Had the news on as background noise. They were talking about people going back to work and the cost of work wardrobes. The talk felt very much like get ready for a depression/recession.
One thing that was mentioned was the growing cost of bras because of all the components they are made up of. The supply chain is having an impact on those components and the prices have skyrocketed.

That really got me thinking how stupid we’ve been. A bra is not any complicated thing (well maybe sometimes
but as far as manufacturing, why the heck aren’t we making them in the US. We have lot’s of metal workers here, we have had textile factories since almost the founding of our country. It’s time to take the manufacturing out of the hands of children overseas and bring it back and keep it here.

Things I can immediately think of that we need to make in country 100%, Furniture, Clothing, Pottery & Glassware. There are many more.
Why on earth did we ever let those things go overseas? Let’s bring back American quality. Furniture that lasts several generation, pottery that doesn’t poison us while we eat, clothing that can be washed without falling apart.

Yes with this method, we might have less, but we will have quality that will last. I am old enough to remember when things took at turn, it was the early 1980’s. I remember the flood of crap from “Made in Hong Kong” “Made in Taiwan”. Then we had a big Made in The USA boom, of all places guess where that was? WALMART, yes Walmart was all about Made in the USA. It didn’t last very long. Slowly every item switched from made in USA to Made in China. I don’t blame China, they are just trying to survive. They will pay the price with the poisoned water and earth for selling their soul for the dollar.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This could be very good news indeed for old men like me who enjoy watching young women walk by wearing T-shirts and no bra.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I've never really looked at where mine are made. I'll have to do that. I still get sports bras pretty cheap from various sources, but the pretty ones I buy I spend more on as the girls are bigger and I like underwire, slight push up. They do run over 50.00 but if you maintain them properly they last a long time.

The problem is it seems people just want the best deal and it's so much cheaper to buy overseas products. I know Americans say we want to buy our products, but when push comes to shove, people will buy cheaper if they can in most cases or have to depending on budgets.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Why on earth did we ever let those things go overseas? Let’s bring back American quality.

Entrepreneurs are looking for cheap labor.

Are Americans ready to work for the wages that people in Southeast Asia and other regions of the world work for?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   
sadly
humanity has been hijacked by the rich
who are hell bent on a general depopulation agenda

they've de-industrialized the us along time ago
look at what mitt romney's part in such is with his bain capital and apex tools
they've bought out many quality us made tool companies only to maintain the "brand names" but closed those companies down in the us only to open them " in other then " us countries....channel lock/vise grip/nicholson...the list goes on
such a stunning rhino he is

of note one of my early jobs through a temp job company was working at the olga company that made bra's in southern cali
but it was bought out by someone who was later bought out and now most of that industry has long been shifting to lower wage scale countries outside us shores

made in america is under full on assault with greenies and the likes of the globalist's paris accord with climate change
being promoted over humanities right to exist

it's all ugly the more one looks at what's going on and it's not that we've been stupid but more so deceived as their plan/strategy was very well thought out and covert

business now has to buy/have carbon credits to even operate
industries are being shuttered for climate policies to flourish

edit on 26-4-2022 by lasvegasteddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless

Why on earth did we ever let those things go overseas? Let’s bring back American quality.

Entrepreneurs are looking for cheap labor.

Are Americans ready to work for the wages that people in Southeast Asia and other regions of the world work for?

It isn't so much working for those wages as it is consumers willing to pay more to have products manufactured here in the US. Consumers are to blame just as much as the companies. In fact, I'd say consumers are more complicit.

We live in a competitive market. People primarily focus on price. As a result, companies will reduce costs where they can to be competitive. Often the biggest expense is labor so it makes sense they'd move overseas for cheaper labor costs.

I generally try to buy American made when possible. I've been buying a lot of my consumables from American-Giant. I like their t-shirts and they are made in CA. They are more expensive, but the quality is much higher than anything bought at Target or Wal-mart for a plain t-shirt.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i almost forgot to add
money maker/hedge funds are directly shuttering many a company here by shorting those who went on public stock exchanges too
they short companies out of existence while making bank

blackrock and vangard are listed on damn near every stock as part owner and
i wonder if covertly they are some type of a globalist hit squad assigned to the financial sector

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I generally try to buy American made when possible. I've been buying a lot of my consumables from American-Giant. I like their t-shirts and they are made in CA. They are more expensive, but the quality is much higher than anything bought at Target or Wal-mart for a plain t-shirt.

I do the same. I also agree that the consumer is the driver.
I think we are at the point where we have the choice, crap product made overseas for a high price, or well made products made by Americans at a high price.

The devil is in the details. The small components have been made significantly cheaper for so long overseas that we don't even consider making them here. Bra clips for example. All the environmental concerns are also a big issue. Metals are very polluting...

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
While I believe in free trade, I also support fair trade as well.

The reality is that America cannot compete against foreign labor. Our standard of living is too high.

We need a change in mindset. Having so much of our manufacturing overseas is a huge national security risk, especially when it comes to China.

We need a regulatory and tax system that encourages domestic manufacturing. I'd implement economic zones specifically for durable goods manufacturing where is a company locates in areas determined to be depressed and hires a certain number of people, they have a period of no or extremely low corporate taxes.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   

We need a change in mindset. Having so much of our manufacturing overseas is a huge national security risk, especially when it comes to China.

!!!!
I wish more people felt like we do regarding this. It is downright scary.
I think we have been given a little tiny taste, but what if one day China says no more?

I think we are going to see some of that with Palm oil from Indonesia. We are seeing the food chain break down, one weak link at a time.

We need to reel in as much as we can, and I agree with fair trade.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

thanks god I got a box full of all kind of colors and styles, I love bras soo I shop online and as expected been a woman I like to collect them, from tamis, to bralettes, to you name it.
soo I am good.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

We live in a competitive market.

And this competitive market has a fatal problem.

The sum of the wages of those who work in the enterprise must be less than the sum of the cost of the products they produce. If these two amounts are equal, then the entrepreneur will not receive a profit, and therefore it makes no sense for him to do business.

Therefore, there is always a situation on the market that it is simply impossible to sell some of the goods.

In connection with the ongoing digitalization and robotization, the number of jobs in enterprises is decreasing. Which leads to the fact that this gap between wages and the cost of goods is becoming larger.

An entrepreneur cannot refuse the robotization process, because then he becomes uncompetitive in relation to those competitors who implement it.

This is the Achilles' heel of this type of market with which nothing can be done.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Not just consumers, purchasing companies too.
Why pay 3x for your project's furniture or material from the states when you can save all that money having it made in Vietnam?

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lasvegasteddy
blackrock and vangard are listed on damn near every stock as part owner and
i wonder if covertly they are some type of a globalist hit squad assigned to the financial sector

No, they are not "covertly" some type of globalist hit squad.

They are overtly some type of globalist hit squad.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv
thanks

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Not just consumers, purchasing companies too.
Why pay 3x for your project's furniture or material from the states when you can save all that money having it made in Vietnam?

That is really it, isn't it.

If you are a company you think about your bottom line, and if you have identical products, do you buy from a Chinese supplies at 1/8 the cost or from Joe Schmoe down the street?

At some point we might not have the choice, so might as well get friendly with Joe Schmoe!

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yep. and even with freight through the roof, I think they are still saving money manufacturing over there...just barely now though.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Why on earth did we ever let those things go overseas?

Because the evil ones in our own government decided to allow US based manufacturers to move operations oversease to take advantage of slave labor, and allow those items to be imported duty free.

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The only word you're looking for is GREED! America is completely rife with it and you can't see it because "ah the American dream". Blame the consumer, he's the cause because he wants cheap goods. The statement "a fair product for a fair price" is not even in the greedy company owner,,, whoops, I meant an entrepreneurs (an American euphemism for a greedy person) agenda.
Instances:- Bezos, Gates, Buffet etc. etc. etc. you hold these people up as icons in American society. It's the same in every large enterprise, manufacturing, banks, insurance, anything you can think of there is someone (also don't forget the ultimate parasite SHAREHOLDERS) on the top screwing as much out of their enterprise as the can. Have none of you realised, how can one man or one family amass billions and billions of dollars?? Certainly NOT working for it. The bottom line it's the consumer who foots the bill and when they've had your 8 pints of blood they move on because they've got your money to do just what they want anywhere in the world and that includes Taiwan and China.

It's the AMERICAN DREAM only you peons are living the American nightmare.
edit on 26-4-2022 by crayzeed because: added sentence

edit on 26-4-2022 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think Bras cost too much. They are not necessary anyway, and most women seem to look better without them. Glad they abandoned the corset and girdle. I remember when I was young helping my sister tie her girdle for some school dance or something. I had to pull the laces and all she did was complain about me doing it wrong.

Caging wildlife should not be done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join