It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning Reality and Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
According to our best educated guess, the universe is almost 14 billion years old.

The earth is just over 3.5 billion years old.

Foundational truths. If you're not building from one, all of your future suppositions will eventually collapse.

Here's a question: Our solar system resides quite some distance from the center of our galaxy. If the galaxy formed, who is to say that we (out here towards the edge) weren't formed first?

Here's another question: If the universe was formed (almost all at once from a Big Bang), wouldn't everything be almost just as old as everything else?

Last thought: There's pretty much solid evidence (recently) that the dynamo at the center of the Earth is quite capable of generating any molecule found on the Periodic Table of Elements. Do you not see how that turns on its head the fantasy-like descriptions of the silver-tongued that, "We're all made of star stuff"?

I, for one, don't believe in any of the Children's Tales about how the universe formed.

"We don't know." is the answer to the question of where did the universe come from. Might not leave any foundation to build from at all. But, it is the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I'm not sold on reincarnation but it's certainly something to consider.

Perhaps we inherit certain memories of our bloodlines.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Ive honestly always believed that. In the 60's...the experience did one thing: exposed us to ALL...and kinda at once...

One thing n retrospect on life after life can I share. (my 50+ years of Transcendental Meditation/Astral Travel not excluded, but for another time)...

The Tree bears fruit from a seed. The Tree produces fruit. The fruit produces more seeds. They fall to the ground and make...new Trees. The seed becomes the Tree becomes the fruit becomes the seed becomes the tree, that bears the...

You get it. Actually? Boggle the mind....

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 4/21/2022 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I picked up on that too.

It implies that at one stage we had a choice to make and we chose wrong. So what existed beforehand as an alternative?

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ive honestly always believed that. In the 60's...the experience did one thing: exposed us to ALL...and kinda at once...

Have you ever read The Drifters by James A. Michener?

You might like it.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   

edit on 4/21/22 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I first questioned the whole idea of competition as being somehow an, how do I put this, immature process by which to advance a culture. Strange I know seeing as it seems that almost the entirety of western culture, my culture is based on it.
But I was gifted musically as a child and succeeded significantly without much challenge from others in my peer group.

For me at least, the challenge came within myself in what I could accomplish in regards to the levels of difficulty in my performance on what ever instrument I decided to take up. Honestly, I had no peer through school yet was still forced to ''compete'' with others, which always left them wanting. Now it may be that others needed my example and the challenge of defeating me so that they could progress, but for me, it was only my own skills and determination pitted against the demands made by the music itself.

I took this notion that although competition seemed to be important in society, it was possible that indeed, it was not the most important, that instead, striving for their fullest potential and cooperation were much more important. Learning to work together for the betterment of the whole band or orchestra. This I then extrapolated into society as a whole.

From my study of early human tribal groups, though there are examples of the competitive spirit and challenges for tribal leadership, going farther back to hunter gatherer times, it was more the case of each tribal member learning a specific skill and using that skill in concert with other members with other skills that allowed us to take down larger and more vicious predators. Some could run faster and could work as bait while others were better spear throwers or trap setters, all working together to take the prey.

If indeed that is how we were for a very long time, I don't know how that changed or what might have initiated that change to a competitive structure but it seems we have, and long ago. I'm sure there are numerous studies and papers written on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

The chicken...who stands there LIVE right now ..IS already a chicken ...whereas that egg? Only has the potential ...to become a chicken.

There is no egg, if the chicken came with it inside of it.

edit on 21-4-2022 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Bingo! You just answered the metaphor precisely....

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

Yep. As I said above, same principle.

"The Tree bears fruit from a seed. The Tree produces fruit. The fruit produces more seeds. They fall to the ground and make...new Trees. The seed becomes the Tree becomes the fruit becomes the seed becomes the tree, that bears the...

You get it."

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There is no such number as infinity. By its very definition its neverending.

It's not always easy giving someone who steals your shirt, your shoes.

The desire to be a better person is something anyone can respect.

posted on Apr, 21 2022 @ 06:17 PM
link   

edit on 21-4-2022 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Yes. This is it.

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It's not out of the realm of possibility... as such a thing is present on people that dwell on earth already; an example would be there are some people that when someone is talking; that they see whatever it is someone is saying or talking about instead o just hearing and comprehending it like those words are painting a picture or making a sort of video screen appear out of nowhere... others they don't have that as they are literal in understanding and not figurative... where they hear and comprehend the words but no picture develops.

It is possible to develop both with a lot of work but between the two and not knowing the two exist is where people think they are going mad or insane as in seeing things and hearing voices.

Some say the difference is seeing life inwardly and seeing life outwardly. Neither position is ignorant but not knowing if one is indwelling or out dwelling is a form of not knowing or ignorance that both have referred to figuratively or literally as "blindness" in the Surangama sutra Gautama Buddha gave a teaching there is no such thing as blindness... in a sense he was directly pointing at the above of seeing inward and seeing outward and the reality that both are going on at the same time and making a sort of reality together either knowingly or not... as he says seeing doesn't really arise or come from the eye that it comes from wisdom and knowledge.

With patience and focus one can come to see such a thing as truth for oneself... I wouldn't have known if I didn't see it; like why are people walking talking or sitting around doing both with their eyes closed? Then it occurred to me that they were indwelling or what some have said are sleepwalkers so it's more that one is experiencing their astral body as a projection that by all senses would appear as a gross body and they likewise in experience of you such a thing does like breathing change like dominance of nostrils one working the other not at various times and points of the day and night the eye operates in the same manner as open and closed... however it takes focus to notice the eye functioning as open or outward or closed and inward as it does to notice the shift in breath at the nostrils.

Seeing how such a phenomenon occurs that appears to be what the OP is stating "a million years"? Such a thing is already alien as far as what medical literature and study suggests as they statistically seek a globalized normal through averaging; anything or phenomena not statistically average is seen as abnormal or an anomaly. :p

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 01:35 AM
link   

As long as we have hormones we will always have competition.

It's an evolutionary driver observed in all life.

However state sponsored competition (war) for the disastrous cause of profits for the elite, is not normal human behavior and every generation that partakes becomes stunted and carry over the effects of that tragedy to the next generation. Selling a lie and paid for in blood.

Competition based on paper money loaned at interest that can never be repaid is a downward spiral and not a natural state of competition, it was forced upon us in order to control us. They have us completely dominated while we compete amongst ourselves. In reality it isn't a competition if they hold all the cards and gets to decide whose turn it is.

edit on 22-4-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Heres an agreement: we are, have been, will always be....bloodlines.!

You can pick your friends, but never your family.

I've always understood we are only the "sum total of all our experiences, traits and knowledge". Accumulated, verified or not,...we are all here...because our bloodlines continue.

Good or bad, poin-ient or point-less. We continue.....

posted on Apr, 22 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

S&F op for some old time ATs discussion it is threads like this that made me stop by lots of years ago and stay but the world and the internet have changed so much in that time yet it is only 15 years .

There seems much about the past that is being silenced/ hidden , people just do not up all at once and start building cities at 20.000ft up unless something big happened but it feels like we are in the Trueman show at times

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join