It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS blocking IPs from the Avast VPN or is Avast blocking ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As the title says: Is ATS blocking IPs from the Avast VPN or is Avast blocking ATS? I can log into ATS from my real IP, my work network and other VPNs. However, I cannot get ATS to load if I use the Avast VPN. It's not me specifically, because here I am posting instead of being banned.

I'm mostly interested in what is going on because I am not going to renew Avast if they are blocking ATS. I only use a VPN to rob my internet service provider of my internet use data anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I just spoke with a friend who uses Avast VPN and they reliably inform me they can login to ATS without any problems.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Thank you for asking your friend. This is weird because ATS is the only website I've tried that isn't working.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
a reply to: myselfaswell

Thank you for asking your friend. This is weird because ATS is the only website I've tried that isn't working.

I'm getting sporadic connectivity with ATS too. I'm using a different VPN though.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I just tested Avast before replying to your comment and it is working again after not doing so all day. I do frequent this conspiracy site, so it shouldn't be all that surprising if I jumped straight to thinking there was some kind of Avast conspiracy to keep me off of ATS.

link   
I've never even had a double post before on here, but my reply just posted 5 times.
edit on 18 4 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

link   
quintuple post

link   
quintuple post

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   
quintuple post

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You can say that again

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Lol, a quintuple post. I've never even had double before this.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The net has been playing up for weeks ,months slow connections and VPNs do not help in some areas

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

I just tested Avast before replying to your comment and it is working again after not doing so all day. I do frequent this conspiracy site, so it shouldn't be all that surprising if I jumped straight to thinking there was some kind of Avast conspiracy to keep me off of ATS.

I am having less interruptions as well. It was pretty bad today.

I can see services degrade ... first latency. Then no pictures in thread. Sometimes (like right now) I can't see the ATS emojis.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 09:13 PM
link   

quintuple post

This tends to happen when you feverishly tap the button for send or edit.

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜πŸ˜†

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think I remember my Avast VPN doing that here once. I just changed my origin country / location IP and if I remember correctly, that fixed it.

Haven't been using a VPN for awhile now though. Until I fork out more money to renew it.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I use Surfshark and can't access ATC when using it either.

posted on Apr, 18 2022 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Sounds like a dns problem.
From command line do:
Nslookup www.ats.com
, with and without vpn. If you see different dns servers then its probably the answer to your problem. If they are the same then something is probably up with the vpn, i.e. a routing issue.
edit on 18-4-2022 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   

ATS was on the blink for ages yesterday, taking minutes to go from page to page or for a reply to be posted.

Might have been that?

Otherwise... You use Avast AV? Dearly beloved, that is a shame. As I use it also, the free version, and it's more a pain in the arse than any virus I've ever had, which is none.

--eta. If I download something that could be dodgy, I just fire up windows sandbox. A fully working Windows environment, and nothing terrible can happen. It's so good actually, that I wish I could make something persistent. Alas, it appears there is no way to retain a bootup. Some software I used on my daily machine stopped after recent updates, but worked fine in the sandbox. not gonna reinstall them every time I need them though. pants to adobe.
edit on 19-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Avast VPN is garbage.

It leaks packets. You can check here: ipleak.net...

posted on Apr, 19 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The net has been playing up for weeks ,months slow connections and VPNs do not help in some areas

That's what I've been hearing, but my connections has been fairly solid.

a reply to: Bigburgh

This tends to happen when you feverishly tap the button for send or edit.

I only tapped the button once, but the page didn't load. I did refresh the browser to try to get it to load. I can't recall if I refreshed five times, but maybe I did.

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I think I remember my Avast VPN doing that here once. I just changed my origin country / location IP and if I remember correctly, that fixed it.

I had tried several random countries and cities, but wasn't going to try them all.

a reply to: jerich0

ATS was on the blink for ages yesterday, taking minutes to go from page to page or for a reply to be posted.

Might have been that?

I don't think so. Mobile was working and so was my real IP and my work network at the same time that Avast wasn't.

I just fire up windows sandbox.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to checkout the windows sandbox. Maybe that will let me relax my browser settings a little bit. I really just use the VPN because I feel that I pay too much for my internet service to let them somehow profit off of my internet traffic.

a reply to: EternalShadow

Avast VPN is garbage.

It leaks packets. You can check here

Yes, I've noticed that my IP isn't always in the place I set it to with Avast. Sometimes, it is even my real IP that shows when I check it. I'm only using the Avast to rob my cable company of the information about the websites that I visit. I feel Avast is the lesser of two evils because I am not paying them $95 a month to access the internet. I do have other means if I really want to travel the internet without a trace, but the latency is unbearable.

a reply to: drewlander

Sounds like a dns problem.
From command line do:
Nslookup www.ats.com
, with and without vpn. If you see different dns servers then its probably the answer to your problem. If they are the same then something is probably up with the vpn, i.e. a routing issue.

It's already back to working and the DNS is the same when I do the look up you've suggested. Maybe it would have shown different when it wasn't working yesterday.

a reply to: stelth2

I use Surfshark and can't access ATC when using it either.

Just for yesterday or is it every day?
edit on 19 4 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

edit on 19 4 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

join