It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Loan Repayment Postponed Another 4 Months

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The US Government has decided to continue the student loan repayment suspension until August 31st. 2022. It was scheduled to go back into effect May 1st. It has been said that only around 1% of borrowers have continued to make payments on their student loans.

Student loan payments won’t be due until September. Here’s what borrowers need to know

The headline could also read, Housing Bubble Pop Suspended at Least Another 4 Months.
There's over $1 trillion owed in student loan debt and the average student was paying around $400 a month. That means the average borrower has an extra $400 a month, on average, to do whatever they want with. My thoughts are, how many of those people took out mortgages for overpriced homes with that extra money? How many people are thinking that they may never have to pay back that money at all? How does over $1 trillion is loans not being repaid affect our economy, besides adding to the housing bubble?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Thanks for letting us know. I had no idea. I didnt get any emails or anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:23 PM
link   

When this bubble bursts its going to make 2008 look like nothing...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You think we have inflation now...

this is all too obvious to crash the economy (of the world through various means)
makes me sick .
Even if I was making payments on it that wouldn't help because they spend 'the money' more than we can 'pay it back'

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

As someone who incurred massive student debt and had not the means to meaningfully pay it down...I can tell you that eventually these predators will eventually take that loss. When that happens its going to sink our economy faster than the Edmund Fitzgerald...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Part of the democrat party's election strategy.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have paid maybe 30 or 40% of mine? but i wish i hadnt been guilted into going into my master's programme in the first place. my school kicked me out for not finishing in 2 years even though I had a C+ average and the subject was very difficult. if i hadn't gone i wouldnt have any debt for student loans and my life would be literally exactly the fricking same. totally useless.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Run education as a corrupt business and this is the result.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Indeed. So why four months? Why not kick the can past the midterms or into 2023? If they're gonna play politics at least do it right.

Anyway, every day this is punted will make matters that much worse when the inevitable finally does come.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

Indeed. So why four months? Why not kick the can past the midterms or into 2023? If they're gonna play politics at least do it right.

Anyway, every day this is punted will make matters that much worse when the inevitable finally does come.

This way they can blame it on Republicans right before the election.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Mine were a combo of sallie mae and government. I have already completed my 100k and change repayment to the private predators...the government can kiss my ass after that...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

damn thats too much!! mine was all gov for about 35k

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

So why four months? Why not kick the can past the midterms or into 2023? If they're gonna play politics at least do it right.

Because it politically helpful for those with student loans to feel the pain briefly before the actual elections... carrot & stick

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wait till they "forgive" all the student loans and people have to declare the "forgiven" amounts as income with nothing withheld. It's already on a line or two on 1040 forms 😁

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Joe Biden campaigned on "forgiving" student loan debt. There's a chance that can still happen between now and November.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Run education as a corrupt business and this is the result.

This guy gets it

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was about to say. I’m pretty sure forgiving student loans was one of Biden’s big promises. But anyone still practicing common sense knew that was a lie. Most of these people have no business walking into a college anyways, which is why I don’t think they should be forgiven. My college was paid for from my service in the military, but would watch a large portion of the class spending tons of money to be there not even show up.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So why four months? Why not kick the can past the midterms or into 2023? If they're gonna play politics at least do it right.

Because it politically helpful for those with student loans to feel the pain briefly before the actual elections... carrot & stick

This.

My guess is that Biden will wait till a month or two before the election. Then wipe out a bunch of your debts for you. The hope will be that your grateful and will vote dem. And he's right. many will do this.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Is Biden going to pay off my car loan? Is he going to pay off my mortgage?

How about credit card debt?

This is stupid.

People used to believe in personal responsibility.

Now they all want to suckle at governments teat.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: FamCore

This.

My guess is that Biden will wait till a month or two before the election. Then wipe out a bunch of your debts for you. The hope will be that your grateful and will vote dem. And he's right. many will do this.

Close, but no cigar.

democrats will promise to help with the debt IF enough democrats get elected in November.

The brainwashed will ignore the fact that democrats already have complete control now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join