It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musk offers to buy Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Not invested in Musk or Twitter, but this is interesting.

After rejecting a board seat Musk has offered to buy twitter for 41 billion.

Billionaire Elon Musk has offered to buy Twitter (TWTR.N) for about $41 billion, just days after rejecting a seat on the social media company's board.

Like it or not Musk is the definition of an American pop star. He has a huge following and makes serious waves. His buying Twitter stock alone made Twitter stock jump quite high.

Twitter's shares jumped 12% in premarket trading.

Musk is throwing his popularity and following hard against Twitter. He is threatening to sell his Twitter stock if his offer is not accepted. Which would make Twitter stock plummet. If his buying causes that big of an increase his selling will cause a big decrease.

"My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder," Musk said.

This is strong arm in my opinion. Sell to me or I’ll sell my shares and watch your worth plummet.

Thoughts?

www.reuters.com...

edit on 14-4-2022 by PassiveSeeker because: Invested*

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PassiveSeeker

Lol.

I love watching the grand theater of it all.

The main question though is why buy twitter when for a fraction of that price you could become a competitor and watch them slide to oblivion like every one before them.

If you have been here since before the computer age, you would remember all of the big names that are no longer big.

Some have faded to the history books.

P

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Glad to see Twatter getting their comeuppance. They've been banning Conservatives for speaking out, let's see how they like being strong armed and forced out.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The real question here everyone wants to know is…, is he going to lift the ban on Trumps account?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
The real question here everyone wants to know is…, is he going to lift the ban on Trumps account?

I'd imagine the threat is to untape everybody's mouth. Trump's being a single voice in the crowd.

I wanna see the results of lifting the shadow bans.

And ... I wanna see the Techie Elite exposed for what they did. So, no matter what offer Musk makes, I fully expect it to be short of enough.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
The main question though is why buy twitter when for a fraction of that price you could become a competitor and watch them slide to oblivion like every one before them.
P

It takes more than money to build competitive platforms. This way, he gets what he wants almost immediately. I'm sure he's looked at the numbers and it works either way or wouldn't make the play.

The reaction from the woke left is priceless.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If he were to take control and completely lift the censorship... unban the banned, lift the shadow bans, etc... Imagine that.

I think it could change the course of history.
The worlds elite have created this insane cocoon where the rich left control everything and the poor left rant and rave, pointing their fingers and gnashing their teeth at every perceived slight... while completely ignoring some of the bigger problems being perpetuated by the elite.
Meanwhile, anyone who questions how or why this is happening is considered part of the problem- so the mob will instantly surround and destroy them.
They were able to do this by controlling the narrative- starting with controlling the media, but then creeping into search engines as the internet got popular, then infiltrating social media. Of course they've taken every deep state position of control to use the governments vast overreaching power to infiltrate many of these as well...

But if suddenly the curtain was lifted, and the worlds largest platform for communication suddenly allowed freedom of speech, and expression?
They'd fight it, but the twitter mob would find out after a few weeks that the sudden influx of people who don't think exactly like them isn't a bunch of "russian agents"
There would be a sudden and massive public outcry to solve some problems we've got- and it would just be a bunch of people who have been saying it all along but nobody can hear them.
And they'd be mad about it.

We might finally get some common sense regulation in place. things like term limits, or not allowing members of congress to do their insider trading! maybe even actually investigate crimes against humanity perpetuation in plain sight by DC swamp creatures.

Well, maybe no real change... but it would be fun to watch the twitter mob lose its mind finding out they've been collectively living in a box jerking eachother off for years.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Who'd a thunk it...

Capitalism triumphs over communism!

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Glad to see Twatter getting their comeuppance. They've been banning Conservatives for speaking out, let's see how they like being strong armed and forced out.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   

He's playing it.

Surprised the SEC hasn't said anything yet, lol.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i agree. i think it would be a lot cheaper to make his own. i heard alot of people do not even use twitter any more. a reply to: pheonix358

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This morning, Trump says there's no "Twitter" in his future, even if Musk buys the platform.

Source: nypost.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

The dude loves to stir it up but like some others I'm not convinced he's really interested in helping out anyone but Elon.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned in another thread, EM is behind neurolink , starlink, electrical cars etc.
It all seems dubious at best. He would have a hand in 'climate change' talk and digital IDs for sure.
Indeed probably all just theater

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Honestly?

It must be embarrassing for everyone on the left to actually support censorship and be against freedom.

Musk will do what he wants.

The left though, is panicking over the thought that regular people won't be censored.

THAT'S the big story, in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

You said it just before me

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He's trying to make twitter a free speech platform again, it really couldn't be more obvious what his intentions are, wow!

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well musk has loads of experience running companies that don't make a profit so it's a good fit

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Time to start getting the "social" medias to respect free speech, next will be facebook and YourTube.

Then the main media liberal outlets.

Yep, the anti free speech crowd are not going to like this at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This morning, Trump says there's no "Twitter" in his future, even if Musk buys the platform.

Source: nypost.com...

Trump has his own social media platform. I signed up...it's glorious!

truthsocial.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join