It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Blame For High Gas Prices

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
I blame the dinosaurs it’s their fault for not dying more dammit!

yeah, how'd they get in a big pile in certain places?

anyone ever find proto oil?

or do you have to be a dino to turn into oil?

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Definitely the dinosaurs fault, sticking to my guns on this one cause science. Boom mic drop 🤪

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We might not have seen this rather rapid increase if we had full fracking and that pipeline. I can't pretend to say one way or the other though. My point here is that the oil companies will, regardless of the true cause or degree of disruption use that disruption to raise prices

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

We might not have seen this rather rapid increase if we had full fracking and that pipeline. I can't pretend to say one way or the other though. My point here is that the oil companies will, regardless of the true cause or degree of disruption use that disruption to raise prices

Oil price is just one part. When oil went to 30 bucks a barrel we didn't we 95c gas then, though it did go down some, but I think you are correct it will jump much faster than go down. The other side of the coin is available resources, and that is why gas cost more in the summer than winter as more is used. So, no matter what oil cost per barrel the oil companies can flex the price to demand anytime they want., just give them a reason... Hurricane coming near Texas, war in Ukraine...We only get 3% of our energy from Russia BTW...lol
edit on 12-4-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   

just give them a reason

Any reason......

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There was good science behind the notion that worldwide crude oil production would hit its peak in 1974, and would begin to decline after that, as reserves became depleted. To some extent, this has been true.

Numerous oil fields have been tapped out, and techniques like fracking, and use of poorer quality oils, have allowed production to remain high, but oil use at the current rate is simply unsustainable.

There are still reserves of oil, but quantities and quality are reducing all the time and this is part of the overall upward trend in crude oil prices, because demand for oil is not reducing.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Fracking only gets the last little bit of oil out of almost depleted oil fields, or that the oil is in low yield poor quality sedimentary rock. It is most often an indicator that the particular source is close to its end.

edit on 12/4/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Terrible policies by the Biden administration and wild over spending (both parties on the spending) leading to a glut of money in the economy.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I blame the guy who reversed everything the last guy did that had us heading towards our own independence. Now he's been told it would be a great idea to tap into our reserves to take the pressure off of consumers for a little while. The democrats just can't help themselves though, the ones pulling the strings forgot what it was like to buy your own food, fill up your own tank, pay your own bills, and budget the affordable things which happens to be the cheap sht made in China. And they forgot what it's like to have to drive to work everyday just to be able to afford that stuff.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Fracking only gets the last little bit of oil out of almost depleted oil fields. It is an indicator that the particular source is at its end.

What? We've fracked wells before that continued pumping out natural resources for two solid years, then plugged the formation off 2 miles deep to fracture another formation above it and pump out more resources. Companies don't get paid millions of dollars to go out to a dying well just to pump the last remaining resource out.

posted on Apr, 12 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

This was my original impression of the fracking industry, that it was the tail end of drilling. But listening to so many claim it is more I had to wonder, could those reports I heard way back really be true? So while it may be a short term ''fix'' for the fossil fuel need, could it be enough do you think to get us over this hump until we wise up and ditch these fuels altogether?

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

This was my original impression of the fracking industry, that it was the tail end of drilling. But listening to so many claim it is more I had to wonder, could those reports I heard way back really be true? So while it may be a short term ''fix'' for the fossil fuel need, could it be enough do you think to get us over this hump until we wise up and ditch these fuels altogether?

There are hundreds of products that we use daily, other than fuel, that comes from oil. Not only that, but we will never make it with electric as our source for vehicle operation, nor with "green" infrastructure.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I probably blame the big oil and government and then the dudes in stockmarkets
they will all get together and make us pay through the nose for "finite" resource while they all get filthy rich

I dont drive so im lucky I dont buy gas for a car , but I still pay for the other gas into my home

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Canada...

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombiesyeah since the 90s all the stores and manufacturing companies have been screaMing fo lean inventory and when shtf they find out what a stupid business model that is..

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Gas was $1.79 in November 2020 in Kansas. Today its just shy of $4.00. It seems when we go right, the gas gets cheaper. When we go left it skyrockets.. No matter what, its Biden's fault. The left hates this country. Their actions speak louder than words.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Most of us have never considered self reliance in engine modifications, fuels, and alternative fuels.

posted on May, 18 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
May 18th 2022

Up to $5.21a gallon here in the Chicago area.

Joe Biden is the worst president ever. He bragged the other day, saying the price would be 2 cents a gallon higher if he had not released the strategic petroleum reserves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join