It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P downgrade indicates Russia headed for historic default.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
apnews.com...

The credit ratings agency Standard & Poor’s has downgraded its assessment of Russia’s ability to repay foreign debt, signaling rising prospects that Moscow will soon default on external loans for the first time in more than a century.

more:
S&P Global Ratings issued the downgrade to “selective default” late Friday after Russia arranged to make foreign bond payments in rubles on Monday when they were due in dollars. It said it didn’t expect Russia to be able to convert the rubles into dollars within the 30-day grace period allowed.

So my question is this.
Will Russia ever get back to normal? Or is this the "end of the road for them?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: radaghast5

Russia won't get back to "normal" as long as Putin is in power. I think that was more or less the plan.

Even after he's gone, it would take some time.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The US is also in jeopardy of defaulting on its debt. I suspect the AP News article can be said about nearly all the countries globally.

link   
Maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed that older members have been posting after months and years of very little to no activity?
Correct the Record ring a bell?
Except now, its all about Russia.
Wait, it was all about Russia then, too...
lol.

link   

originally posted by: radaghast5
apnews.com...

The credit ratings agency Standard & Poor’s has downgraded its assessment of Russia’s ability to repay foreign debt, signaling rising prospects that Moscow will soon default on external loans for the first time in more than a century.

more:
S&P Global Ratings issued the downgrade to “selective default” late Friday after Russia arranged to make foreign bond payments in rubles on Monday when they were due in dollars. It said it didn’t expect Russia to be able to convert the rubles into dollars within the 30-day grace period allowed.

So my question is this.

Ummm…there isn’t any default…

When you refuse a countries access to it’s own currency reserves in external banks…to the tune of 400 billion US…

When you’ve locked them from the ability to pay the debt…then the default is manufactured…and in effect not a default at all…

The default…is in countries pulling their reserves and trust out of the present reserve currency…while implementing their own currency reserve exchanges…

Entire trading blocks…and the vast majority of world population centers will soon trade internally with their own currencies…

Any faux default caused by theft of currency reserve…only causes most nations to seek to insulate themselves from such theft…and they are currently in the process of doing just that…

So who’s the real winner in this shrinking US reserve currency scenario…?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
The US is also in jeopardy of defaulting on its debt. I suspect the AP News article can be said about nearly all the countries globally.

Link?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

apnews.com...

more:

So my question is this.

Ummm…there isn’t any default…

When you refuse a countries access to it’s own currency reserves in external banks…to the tune of 400 billion US…

When you’ve locked them from the ability to pay the debt…then the default is manufactured…and in effect not a default at all…

The default…is in countries pulling their reserves and trust out of the present reserve currency…while implementing their own currency reserve exchanges…

Entire trading blocks…and the vast majority of world population centers will soon trade internally with their own currencies…

Any faux default caused by theft of currency reserve…only causes most nations to seek to insulate themselves from such theft…and they are currently in the process of doing just that…

So who’s the real winner in this shrinking US reserve currency scenario…

YouSir

The link says Russia is about to default for the first time in more than one hundred years.. It doesn't mention any other countries. But thanks for your input

edit on 9-4-2022 by radaghast5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Maybe its just me, but has anyone else noticed that older members have been posting after months and years of very little to no activity?
lol.

Is it ok if I post?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:48 PM
link   

lol.

Is it ok if I post?

Can you be objective -and- tell the truth?

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

lol.

Is it ok if I post?

Can you be objective -and- tell the truth?

Well so far the link I provided with this particular thread is standing. I don't think it's fake news as there are many people reporting this. I don't mind being vetted though, even if it's not an admin doing the 'vetting"
Cheers. Thanks for letting me post

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

This Standard and Poor?

Listen to MP3 of this story ( minutes)
| MP3 DOWNLOAD

ELEANOR HALL: More than seven years after the start of the global financial crisis, the US government has fined the ratings agency S&P (Standard and Poor's) for its role in overrating the bonds for the subprime mortgages that helped spark the financial collapse.

S&P decided to settle the allegations. The government has fined it $1.5 billion.

North America correspondent Michael Vincent reports.

MICHAEL VINCENT: Standard and Poor's was supposed to be a gatekeeper in the financial world.
Now it's been accused of fraud of inflating the quality of the bonds it was rating to keep market share and profits.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This is definitely not "the end of the road for them"... Russia has now convinced dozens of countries to start purchasing their oil/gas in their own currency OR gold (which they have been stockpiling for years)

Pegged to Gold, the Russian Ruble Bounces Back

Russia's sovereign currency, the ruble is back to where it was before the sanctions (even though Sleepy/incoherent Biden was braggadociously calling it 'rubble' a few weeks back):

www.tradingview.com...

edit on 9-4-2022 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This Standard and Poor?

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

ELEANOR HALL: More than seven years after the start of the global financial crisis, the US government has fined the ratings agency S&P (Standard and Poor's) for its role in overrating the bonds for the subprime mortgages that helped spark the financial collapse.

S&P decided to settle the allegations. The government has fined it $1.5 billion.

MICHAEL VINCENT: Standard and Poor's was supposed to be a gatekeeper in the financial world.
Now it's been accused of fraud of inflating the quality of the bonds it was rating to keep market share and profits.

So you don't believe the story then? That's fine to each their own.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Russia's sovereign currency, the ruble is back to where it was before the sanctions (even though Sleepy/incoherent Biden was braggadociously calling it 'rubble' a few weeks back)

Hey sounds like you think the Russian economy is going to flourish under this invasion tactic.
I guess we'll have to see what we see )

*sorry I mean Special Operation..Not "Full blown, raze the country to the ground and kill hundreds of innocent civilians," invasion"

-My bad

edit on 9-4-2022 by radaghast5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

This Standard and Poor?

| MP3 DOWNLOAD

So you don't believe the story then? That's fine to each their own.

YouSir describes it much better than I could.

Im simply showing you the integrity of the authority.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   

All done on purpose , planned, to bring in their 'great reset'.
I absolutely despise that klaus shwab creature , but I probably shouldn't give him that satisfaction as that is what he wants

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

All done on purpose , planned, to bring in their 'great reset'.
I absolutely despise that klaus shwab creature , but I probably shouldn't give him that satisfaction as that is what he wants

Well you shouldn't blame klaus shwab.
People are joining the sanctions fight against Putin on their own accord. No one is forcing them. Not the Rothschilds (spll) Not Soros, not Hunter Biden.
The free people of this earth have made up their own minds from the evidence on the ground, and that evidence points to the fact that Putin is a war criminal.

That will have grave repercussions for Mother Russia.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Russia won't get back to "normal" as long as Putin is in power. I think that was more or less the plan.

Even after he's gone, it would take some time.

Russians remember well when the last the American puppet Boris Yeltsin put millions of Russians on unemployment, if i were you i would be more worried about my dollar like the Euro or the weakening US dollar.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I had seen this as well, those who were for covid now some support the current? if you didnt trust the media on covid why support the MSM on the Ukrainian conflict?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join