It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo, what do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
As far as Sci-Fi shows that have been running in recent years go, how do you rate the new series Halo? Do you think it will be as good as the Expanse, which I rate as the best Sci-Fi show in the last decade or so (or after Stargate Atlantis ended)?

I've rated it as such so far among the other modern Sci-Fi shows (but there are only 3 episodes so far, but they seem to have quite a bit of Sci-Fi in them, I've seen spaceships and futuristic weapons, now all we need is a spacebattle, preferrably one with spacefleets at some point, although I don't think that's an aspect of the game; but the TV series already isn't really a FPS anyway). Those marked with a * are still running:

Stargate Atlantis (8.5; not that recent, but for comparison)
The Expanse (8; last season: 8.5)
Stargate Universe (7.5) (ignoring the stone-mindswap scenes, otherwise 7)
The Mandalorian (7.4)*
Halo (7)*
Loki (7)*
The Book of Boba Fett (6.8)*
Picard (6.6)* (2nd season really sucks, I used to have this one at 7.6)
Foundation (6.5)*
What If...? (6.2)*
The new BSG (4.5)
ST Discovery (4.3)*
Lost in Space (4.2) (last season: 5.2)
Krypton (4)
The Orville (3.5)*
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (3.3) (they got a little bit of space-stuff in this one, which is why I've included it in this list; the other superhero series I'm counting more as the Fantasy genre)
Dark Matter (3.2)
Doctor Who (2.7)* (for what little space-stuff there is in this one)
Falling Skies (2.2) (not sure if I should have included this one, it's rather lame as far as Sci-Fi goes, and no space-stuff at all; but just for comparison)
Raised by Wolves (1)* (haven't finished this one, but I've seen at least 7 or 8 episodes; I just got too bored with it)
edit on 8-4-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Isn’t halo only on one service? Or is it available everywhere?

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Only on Paramount+ officially. Of course there are other streaming websites on the internet where you can find pretty much anything, no matter the official provider.

edit on 8-4-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That really sucks. I remember watching the other halo series about young commander Keyes and the beginning of the war with the covenant. I know some didn’t like it but I thought it was really cool. I saw a mad for this new series and would watch it but unfortunately I do not have that subscription. It’s a shame, it should be available on my Xbox but nooooo!

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Oh, just a TV show.

I thought you meant 'halo', th effect you can see in the sky sometimes when it's sunny.

Maybe you meant 'Halo', the old PC computer game that had some innovative features.

Possibly 'halo' could mean the visible light effect seen around adepts, angels and holy men and visitors from other planets and dimensions (due to their spiritual cultivation and radiating goodness).

'Halo' could be said to be a fake image cultivated by sneaky people that want to scam people, so they seem angelic and virtuous - a form of virtue signaling, perhaps, or at least something good salesmen cultivate.

I always get disappointed when I let my imagination decypher what the topic might be pointing to.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So far I'm enjoying Halo. Nice plotline, good characters, some real bad guys.

Picard Season 2? I'm trying to like it but it just got too PC.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And very little to no space Sci-Fi left. They're on earth, and not even a futuristic earth. I never liked the Star Trek movies that were on earth either (the one with the whales and the one with the Borg).

You get a few Sci-Fi gadgets and that's pretty much it. Might as well be Agents of SHIELD or Falling Skies then. That's also Earth based Sci-Fi. It's nice and cheap for the producers, less expensive visuals and effects.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So far I'm enjoying Halo. Nice plotline, good characters, some real bad guys.

I didn’t know you were into halo or games???

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Picard (6.6)* (2nd season really sucks, I used to have this one at 7.6)

By now, at the end of season 2, its rating for me has dropped all the way down to 4.7, almost as low as ST Discovery (4.3), and that's only because of the first season, otherwise its rating would be even lower than Discovery.

The 2nd season just got worse and worse since I made this thread (after episode 6 with the singing, although I'm not sure I actually saw that episode yet when making this thread, I probably would have dropped it another full point if I had).
edit on 8-6-2022 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join