It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can drinking tea make you gay? Emotionally fragile?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I understand that enjoying and wanting to have sex with someone of the same sex makes you gay.

Other than that, I don't know.

But tea?

Ummm...you did say...butt tea...

So there is that...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
According to the consumption of tea worldwide: these nations then host the most homosexuals?

1 Turkey
2 Ireland
3 Iran
4 United Kingdom

ok then...

Top Tea consumption

you forgot a detail...some countries drink more LOOSE LEAF tea. A danger of INADEQUATE research and jumping to conclusions.

I think Turkey and Iran are like that. They have a lot of dedicated tea houses? I've been to both countries (Turkey last year), but don't have a tea drinking habit. I found a different link - don't have it at the moment. Indicated LOOSE LEAF TEA is most popular in Ireland (part of UK of course). Also talked about Russia.

Tea house in Iran...traditional way. Traditional way is free of plastic more/less.

Assumption is the mother of all # ups.
edit on 6-4-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Why does it have to have a main environmental reason? as opposed to just genetics mostly

or is this just another push for a gender-neutral lifestyle?

Besides here in America, we drink loads of tea especially here in the south mostly loaded with too much sugar, but it was on our lunch and dinner and table more than any other drink. We have our fair share but it isn't anywhere near the number of tea drinkers.

It's just more obvious now, my kids all knew who the gay kids were they were open about it, but in my generation, it wasn't as obvious or accepted. That doesn't mean there were fewer of any of those letters, they were just good at pretending to be hetero letters M or F.

Have you never heard of EPI-genetics?

People who use genetics as an excuse is the ultimate cop-out of personal / collective responsibility. "I'm fat, it's just my genes!"

Did the "Genetics" of humanity (w/o any human caused reason) suddenly change? No...hog wash.

Not all tea is the same. LOOSE LEAF vs BOTTLED (Snapple, Lipton) vs TEA BAG.

Environmental factor of sun as well.

Again, NOT the only reason which several commenters seem to miss. Other factors may be larger -- like SOY, sunglasses (Yes, I said sunglasses), radiation, ATRAZINE.

I could write a post - DOES EATING INSTANT NOODLES MAKE YOU GAY? Maybe I will.

DOES EATING CORN MAKE YOU GAY?

Good find on tea growth!

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
lol
No.
I stopped drinking soda years ago and now drink tea for the caffeine I need.
Im certainly not gay now.

Guess u missed the part of OTHER FACTORS.

u obviously did not read the entire post.

I've drank a lot of tea when I was younger...but it was in PLASTIC BOTTLES or from restaurants. Which leach much less microplastics. Also - almost always ICE TEA.

And what kind of TEA do people drink? HOT or COLD? At a restaurant? Restaurants don't use tea bags - they brew in those larger machines...quite often.

But some restaurants use tea bags only...given to customers. COLD TEA drinkers tend to buy bottles I think. HOT TEA drinkers will tend to use more TEA BAGS.
UK is a COLD country. Just some extra dimensions I thought of.

But folks like to oversimplify to argue their point / position. THose days are coming to an end....in a nice fiery conclusion.
edit on 6-4-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I could put a American to shame with the mugs of coffee a day I drink 20-30 and can count on one hand the amount of tea I drink per year, strangely if someone makes me a cup I enjoy it but I never drink normal tea as a rule but I do enjoy a cup of lemon ginger tea when I run out of milk and cannot be bothered going shopping

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yeah...I don't know the ratio of loose leaf vs tea bags in turkey, but just some memories coming back from earlier trips..tea is often served in the little glass cups. You get offered it by store keepers. Translation - not a tea bag in all probability. And brewed in STEEL/metal, not some instant hot water heater made of PLASTIC.

ALso in UAE - Dubai/Sharjah. I went to a tea / coffee house, but that was in 2004. Things change...times change.

turkishtravelblog.com...

Can BREWING WATER make you gay? Maybe it can...if you use those instant plastic ones on a REGULAR basis.

About LGBT in Japan and Taiwan....lovers of plastic in Asia.

--
Phthalates Threat: Less Boy, More Girl - 2009

A common chemical in plastic may make little boys behave a bit more like little girls.

health.usnews.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know about the gay thing, but it certainly makes you lift up the pinkie

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I drink tea every day. . . .

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

Of course, the jump in millenials is equally striking / disturbing. Heck, all of it should raise alarm bells.

How is this alarming? LGBTQ has become more acceptable per each generation. Therefore, more people are open to identifying as non-straight.

Whereas, in the past, there was a lot of suppression.

The plastic in tea is very interesting and i think plastic in general proposes serious environmental and health concerns.

We should begin a campaign to ban single use plastic.
edit on 6-4-2022 by CptGreenTea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It likely has more to do with the trend to categorize people and push them to identify based on how they act instead of their physical gender.

It's just the inverse of what it used to be a trendy thing. We're not freeing people; we're still attempting to push them into boxes like we always have.

posted on Apr, 7 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Of course, the jump in millenials is equally striking / disturbing. Heck, all of it should raise alarm bells.

How is this alarming? LGBTQ has become more acceptable per each generation. Therefore, more people are open to identifying as non-straight.

Whereas, in the past, there was a lot of suppression.

The plastic in tea is very interesting and i think plastic in general proposes serious environmental and health concerns.

We should begin a campaign to ban single use plastic.

It's just cause & effect...indicative of other issues.

Being emotionally fragile / oversensitive is not "historically normal" and is not healthy for "society."

Nor is being attracted to the same sex in the way it is now.

LGBT agenda is EXCESSIVE PRIDE.

Basking in PRIDE. Maybe you should study the evils of PRIDE.

Wearing he/him she/her buttons is well....just totally retarded. But hey...maybe I'm the dumb one. I'm not progressive enough.

But it's going to take a massive fireworks show and some other end time things to humble us...and the constantly crying LGBT faction or non-gay but emotionally fragile.

And a lot of suffering...so I'm not worried. Just talking about how we got to where we are. Of course..maybe you want more LGBT everything. Maybe you want more pride. Fortunately..that's not in the cards. Enjoy it while it lasts....not many years left. This decade, we'll see the reckoning. Enjoy the fireworks!

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 06:21 AM
link   

While sometimes it is overly done, LGBTQ pride is far better than the past alternative of oppression. Do you want to go back to LGBTQ being shamed and scared to openly admit their sexuality? Or back even further when they were beat up and jailed?

Why do you want a fireworks show to humble us? I think LGBTQ deserve some pride after centuries of oppression.

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   

First thing...you can't believe everything that daily mail.uk posts.
Second thing...this has to be one of the stupidest ideas to take up
web space, saying drinking tea makes you gay, I've heard everything
now.

(post by CJCrawley removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"I don't drink coffee I take tea my dear", I'm an Englishman in New York (apologies to Sting).

But most people don't realize, black and green tea (not the herbal mislabeled infusions) can contain dangerous levels of fluoride.

Probably not deadly, but after a while enough to soften and erode the tooth enamel, for example.
And then people think they must add even more fluoride pastes and washes, because they think sugars or acids are to blame.

Beware the black and green tea (particularly the cheaper varieties).

Whitford discovered that the fluoride concentration in black tea had long been underestimated when he began analyzing data from four patients with advanced skeletal fluorosis, a disease caused by excessive fluoride consumption and characterized by joint and bone pain and damage.

www.sciencedaily.com...

OK, this is an extreme example with extreme results, up to every tea-drinker to decide where they are on that spectrum:

edit on 8-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Although I always find it peculiar in older thriller movies how the victim had a complete shock, and then the caring cops and neighbors would be: "Now, now dear, let's have a nice cup of tea".
Excuse me, I've been through the shock of my life and you offer me a stimulant?
Do you have any painkillers or tranquilizers?

"It's Tannis Root tea dear - caffeine free.
You see Rosemary, we're all thinking about the well-being of the baby".
edit on 8-4-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

First thing...you can't believe everything that daily mail.uk posts.
Second thing...this has to be one of the stupidest ideas to take up
web space, saying drinking tea makes you gay, I've heard everything
now.

Dude (Dudette?)...it coems from GALLUP. The links for GALLUP poll are below...also confirmed with other observations.

DM has a lot of gossip / trash...but they also simplify some things...it's useful sometimes.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Just came across this CBC video. Some folks at CBC are very much into making the world aware of plastics and it's effects on the body.

this video is for CANADA. Weaker sun, so plastic will break down less.

Not a MAJOR source of microplastics on the body is what I learn. But..

TEA BAGS ARE A MAJOR SOURCE. Heat breaks down plastic.

Who drinks the most HOT TEA FROM TEA BAGS? (As opposed to loose leaf - which has no plastic) Again PLASTIC TEA BAG was was introduced in 1996. not sure how long PLASTIC GLUE residue might have been around.

Is that the UK?, China? Canada? Northern USA?

UK has very high % gay in younger generations...I found a story about LGBT MPs in UK. I will post later.

Then there is the SOY vector? The ATRAZINE vector. Pesticides in water supply.

The dominant form / CHEMICAL cause of LGBT in one country, may not be in another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join