It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Film Showing Glowing UFO Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Anyone have a working link to the footage a film crew caught accidentally (black & white) of a brightly glowing object hitting the ground then rising back up only to crash into an explosion a few moments later?

I've save links over the years but they are always taken down.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338

You mean the White Sands UFO ?

Pretty sure that was a rocket test gone wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

thats the footage i thought of when reading the OP

IMO I will say it is almost certainly a real object, CGI was not anywhere near good enough to make a video like that back then.

Great video
edit on 000000p3102America/Chicago328202213 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Three things stand out as this not being a missile.

First thing is the bounce. I find it hard to believe the materials used in construciton could withstand that much force to bounce. There are "bunker buster" missiles that have materials that can withstand direct impact with the nose and ground to penetrate the surface but even these wouldn't take that much impact pressure to the shaft of the missile.

Second, after the bounce you can see the object trying to correct it's trajectory but failing to retain. A missile would not have that much control if it truly did somehow bounce off the ground. It should be completely out of control.

Third, if you assume the light we witness is the accelerant, when the object actually does impact the ground you would expect a much larger explosion. It obviously still had fuel on board when it met it's demise but the explosion seems week.

As for if this is a UFO? I fits the defination but I'm confident all of this stuff is ours.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

It was a UFO to me for a few years but if you look closer it becomes less unidentified , the video was shot at white sands missile range and the the object is trailing smoke , the body of the object we see is the rocket burn with smoke trailing it.

Don't know how it survived the bounce , maybe luck maybe design.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is also this one that have been posted as UFO crash footage many times.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Three things stand out as this not being a missile.

First thing is the bounce. I find it hard to believe the materials used in construciton could withstand that much force to bounce. There are "bunker buster" missiles that have materials that can withstand direct impact with the nose and ground to penetrate the surface but even these wouldn't take that much impact pressure to the shaft of the missile.

Second, after the bounce you can see the object trying to correct it's trajectory but failing to retain. A missile would not have that much control if it truly did somehow bounce off the ground. It should be completely out of control.

Third, if you assume the light we witness is the accelerant, when the object actually does impact the ground you would expect a much larger explosion. It obviously still had fuel on board when it met it's demise but the explosion seems week.

As for if this is a UFO? I fits the defination but I'm confident all of this stuff is ours.

I spent a fair amount of time looking at this video a decade or two ago and discussing it with my friends and colleagues at the Naval Research Lab, and there are a few finer points to consider.

First, the video was supposedly taken with an IR camera which, of course, makes the hotter parts of the image appear brighter. With that in mind, the "object" is actually the hot exhaust bubble of a solid rocket motor. (High performance solid rocket motors usually contain some powdered Aluminum mixed in to add energy to the heat of combustion. Aluminum oxide comes out the exhaust as incandescent particles with an instantaneous temperature of several thousand degrees.) The missile body, being much cooler, is effectively invisible compared to the hot exhaust. So, when you watch the video you have to imagine the missile body sticking out in front of the exhaust bubble.

Second, when the missile is approaching the ground for the first bounce, you can see that it is trying to pull up before it contacts the ground. That means that it is not a dumb rocket but has a guidance system in it and the guidance system is trying to decrease its rate of descent. In fact, just before it contacts the ground it is either flat or in a slightly nose up attitude, so it is not actually descending very fast.

Third, for small guided missiles, the rocket motor casing is also basically the fuselage, and a solid rocket motor casing has to be designed to withstand the internal pressure of the motor when it is firing. As a result, a small missile body is a lot stronger than the fuselage of an airplane, which is usually thin gauge aluminum. In other words a missile could bounce and keep thrusting if it was descending too fast and it hit the ground flat (instead of nose on).

On the second (and last) bounce, you can see that it was nose down when it contacted the ground. That would have stuck the nose into the ground and the resulting torque on the missile body would have broken it apart and spread the fragments of still burning fuel into the air.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Type1338
Always thought it was a "Skip Bomb" made to be dropped at a speed that would have sufficient momentum to hit a target from a low angle like caves or similar low standing buildings/targets. Usually water-based, but they might have been testing for ground-based so they could drop and escape AA and other armed defenses.
Skip Bombing

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i always thought that was a missile or other rocket powered device hitting the ground

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's was a missile.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I thought that was already debunked long ago…..

👽🛸🥃

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I thought that was debunked loooooong ago

👽🛸🍺
edit on 29-3-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How Can I start a new thread on this forum?

posted on May, 11 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morenob
How Can I start a new thread on this forum?

Click on the plus sign….the rest should be self explanatory….

Good Luck. 🍀

🛸👽🍺

join