It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLS racing ... it's ON! 4h endurance races on the worlds most demanding race track are back

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Finally! *wipes away blurry eyes of joy*

For everyone interested in racing sports:

The long distance endurance race 2022 on the Nürburgring sprint and Nordschleife parts started on Sunday. We got new tarmac on some surfaces and 135 (!) cars on the grid, battling and honing their skills on the worlds longest and most demanding race track.

4h long strategic battles between old established drivers and brand new talents. It's true fighting, if you want to see fuel heads racing action then you best watch this. If you like cars and this does not bring the juices to flow, then IDK what's wrong with you :-P

And here is one absolutely cut clean single record breaking lap time, from Timo Bernhard. It's not speed up.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Nice, I was watching the formula one race in Jeddah Saudi Arabia last night. youtu.be...
☝️☝️☝️☝️Use above link

And the NASCAR race in Austin Texas. youtu.be...

Those are some interesting tracks.

Thanks for the share.

edit on 28-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Seriously! A BOOST Button...

I understand how it works in a computer game... 'xx' times elapses, recharge booster...

But please tell me, how does that boost button work in the real world?

Is it Nitro? On a tank w/ a controlled valve on a timer or something...???

Looks awesome btw!

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Great! 4 hours of Green Hell is right up there with 24h Le Mans and Paris-Dakar... only the fittest survive!

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

These are hybrid engines. The "boost" is electrical energy recovered under braking (kinetic) and stored in a battery.

In Formula 1, the stored electricity could give a boost of about 150 HP. I don't know what it's worth in the 919 Porsche. Anyway, its use is short lived and is only used in certain parts of the track, typically on the straights to assist with overtaking.

In the video, you'll notice that the boost turns yellow under braking; it's not being deployed constantly.

When it shoots up and down quickly that should be recovery mode, when it maxes out and slowly diminishes that's probably its deployment.

edit on 28/3/2022 by Encia22 because: Just tinkering

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Ahhhhhh... Kind of like regenerative brakes in electric cars...

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me... I didn't realize they were hybrid cars... What a sweet idea!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes Encia explained it perfectly. The 919 EVO is a hybrid. It also recovers energy from exhaust gasses via a small turbine in special circumstances.

2.0L turbo 4 cylinder.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ByteChanger

Exactly! Oh, they are turbocharged as well... they now call it energy recovery from exhaust gases. Turbo Boost sounds better!

I'm not too keen on hybrid engines. I'd much rather see supercharging come back in some high tech form.

edit on 28/3/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Went to 12 hours of Seabring for the 1st time in years! Was so refreshing!

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

S+F

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Isn’t mclaren running a completely new car this year?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:09 PM
link   

5:19? WHAT? That is insane.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The fastest speed i saw in that video was. 369-370 kmh. 180-185 mph is the fastest I have experienced, and that alone is fast. Amazing.
edit on 3/28/2022 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

That's F1 dude

Not all new but dramatic changes compared to the car last year. They went anti-mainstream on their suspensions back and front, changed from push to pullrod on the front and some major changes around openings and access. Mechanics now have easier job in some places for adjusting.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

When I heard it I waived my hand and said "yeah right, lol".

Then I saw the video and in some sections he went blasting through I was like "what??? what about physics???"

Downforce must be amazing, in some outside scenes, you can see the EVO jittering over the track it looks so unreal.
edit on 29-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

220+ mph GPS measured. I had 355kmh on the race logic but had to abort because the tires are only made for 320kmh.

At night during the first COVID lockdowns but before the curfew, on a unregulated flat strip of the autobahn

But for me it's not the speed, it's the acceleration, it was my goal to go past 350kmh one time and it's okay now. When I am on the autobahn I now lift the throttle around 250-260kmh (if traffic allows that speed) and that's enough. You still have people flying by you on the overtaking lane and it's still really fast.

I confess sometimes then my foot tingles and my hand want's to set the blinkers to enjoy some draft but nah. Nope. Self control

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I thought mclaren was Unveiling a new car at the ring??? Let me
Look it up

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I won't dismiss that, I wasn't there during the weekend. Lot's of things going on there in many classes and events, impossible to follow everything, this year is awesome.

Next time I talk with someone, latest in mid April when I am there, I can ask around. I did not find anything and the Artura came out 2021 already.

Be careful if you hear "ring". It's not always the Nürburgring even though IMHO it should be. There is the Hockenheimring for example. People living close there will talk about the Ring and mean that.

Ring just means circuit

top topics

join