It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy-ruble and petro-yuan instead of petro-dollar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

What are you trying to say? Places like what? And what exactly do you fear is going to happen that wouldn't be more likely to happen if we allow the conflict to spread to some other country?

And I don't support Russia bringing in shady fighters from the Middle East, don't put that on me. Ukraine has been turning away people who aren't professional enough.

Also, what did Russia make up their mind about, could you let me know?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

No they haven't...theyve literally been paying anyone they can get to fight for them. Also the videos I've seen from some western volunteers were talking about how they are basically being used as common fodder for their own troops. In any case you seem to not be understanding the simple fact that these weapons aren't really tracked once in the battlefield and there are shady people on both sides in said battlefield. This poses a huge risk outside of said battlefield.

Edit: Let me just make sure you are clear of what I am saying.

There are indeed fighters on both sides with very questionable connections to terrorist orgs which have attacked the west. Those fighters have the ability to get their hands on advanced weapon systems such as stingers and javelins. These weapons could easily be held onto and used in other places to say shoot down a plane or try to take out a general in a convoy or who knows what else. There is a reason we werent giving these weapons to our allies in the ME.
edit on 27-3-2022 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I personally know of cases who showed up and were too gung-ho and just got denied. People who are volatile or don't understand what they're getting into or have substance abuse problems.

kyivindependent.com...

Foreign nationals, especially those with experience in the military, can also consider going as far as to join the Armed Forces or Ukraine’s National Guard as active service members.

This is legal under Ukrainian law, which enables the military to sign official service contracts with foreign nationals or stateless persons.

According to the law, this option is open to physically and mentally fit foreigners with no criminal record, between 18 and 40 years of age, who can apply for positions of enlisted soldiers or non-commissioned soldiers. Under certain exemptions, the age limit can be extended to 60.

Similar to Ukrainian recruits, foreigners would have to undergo basic training for up to three months and will be paid equally with their Ukrainian mates. The first contract can be signed for three years.

Paying them the same as Ukrainians seems fair I think. But anyway, they aren't just rounding up people straight out of Syria like Russia does, lol

But I don't know what gave you the impression that weapons aren't tracked? These are very valuable weapons to Ukraine right now, you can bet they'll keep much better track of them than before the war.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
There are indeed fighters on both sides with very questionable connections to terrorist orgs which have attacked the west. Those fighters have the ability to get their hands on advanced weapon systems such as stingers and javelins. These weapons could easily be held onto and used in other places to say shoot down a plane or try to take out a general in a convoy or who knows what else. There is a reason we werent giving these weapons to our allies in the ME.

I'm sorry, but your whole premise ridiculous. We shouldn't use weapons to defend the west, because it's possible that someone will steal the weapons and use them against the west?

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You've demonstrated your ignorance on the subject enough for me too know firth conversation is futile. Have a nice day...

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thank you and come again!

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: nugget1

Tit for that? Putin invaded Ukraine, not America. Why do Ukrainians and Russians deserve to die just because America killed Iraqis?

I guarantee you Biden is chomping at the bit to invade Ukraine and claim it's resources for western benefit. In order to do that, he had to start the process of taking over more territory to further box Russia in, knowing full well Putin has been adamant for years that he would not allow any more NATO advancement. Tell me again who started this war.....

Why do Americans always have to be the ones to die in other nations wars? Why does the US always start the wars, either directly or indirectly? And then pretend we're the worlds' saviors.

Perhaps puppet/actor Zelensky should have tried negotiating instead of calling for the rest of the world to come fight his battle for him.

You obviously haven't researched how Ukraine became such a corrupt country and who has been behind making it that way for years. If Biden wants boots on the ground, he and the entire congress should be the ones doing the fighting. This is just another US proxy war, and not everyone is okay with it. It's time for America to start minding their own damned business and stop destroying other nations just so they can exploit their resources..

Where's Zelensky and his millions? Probably in his 35 million dollar home in Sunrise, Florida spending his millions in ill-gotten gains. I'd bet the farm he isn't in Ukraine- he's just another Jussie Smollet. Instead of spending his time begging for others to come fight his battles for him, he needs to come out from behind the cameras and get on the front lines. Or, he could do what leaders are supposed to do; meet with Putin to discuss a resolution- which he keeps refusing to do.

Once again, the US installed another puppet government for it's own financial gain and world dominance.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I guarantee you Biden is chomping at the bit to invade Ukraine and claim it's resources for western benefit. In order to do that, he had to start the process of taking over more territory to further box Russia in, knowing full well Putin has been adamant for years that he would not allow any more NATO advancement. Tell me again who started this war.....

But he doesn't need to invade it, that's the elegant part. Putin has delivered Ukraine to the West. And honestly, I don't see boots on the ground. Surely Biden has had plenty of excuses already if he wanted that. Probably he wants to run again, God forbid, and he's worried it will sink his popularity more. And there's nothing wrong with NATO expanding, relax. Do you think Putin is going blow the lid when Finland and Sweden join NATO? This war was never about NATO.

Why do Americans always have to be the ones to die in other nations wars? Why does the US always start the wars, either directly or indirectly? And then pretend we're the worlds' saviors.

Well how many Americans have died in this war?

Perhaps puppet/actor Zelensky should have tried negotiating instead of calling for the rest of the world to come fight his battle for him.

Putin wouldn't take his calls before the invasion. At least now they are negotiating.

You obviously haven't researched how Ukraine became such a corrupt country and who has been behind making it that way for years. If Biden wants boots on the ground, he and the entire congress should be the ones doing the fighting. This is just another US proxy war, and not everyone is okay with it. It's time for America to start minding their own damned business and stop destroying other nations just so they can exploit their resources..

It became corrupt just like Russia, when the Soviet Union collapsed and they cooked up this scheme for how to privatize all the formerly state owned companies. And the economy crashed, just a breakdown on all levels of society.

But this is actually the first "good" war in a long time for America. Not a #show like Afghanistan, this proxy war actually makes strategic sense. Like you said, there's a lot of resources in Ukraine, and unlike every other place America has been #ing around in since WWII, the Ukrainians actually want America to help them.

It sounds like you've been jaded by a long sequence of bad American decisions. Very understandable, but this is no Afghanistan or Vietnam for America, not at all, for both obvious and less obvious reasons.

And you may think you can turn away from the world and enjoy whatever freedom you have left in America, but that's not how it works. Someone has to be empire. If not America, then China. Russia can't do it, they're squeezed in between China and EU. I realize this is an unpopular take on this site, but that's what I think. We've become fat and lazy after an American century, and we think if we just stop paying attention to the world everything will be magically all right. You are naive.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not fake refugees, economic refugees.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Volunteers of young men will pour into Ukraine, they will be thinking that they are the saviors of freedom. The old men of the West will supply the most sophisticated stingers. It will be a slaughterhouse of confusion. The Ukrainians have and will use human shields. They are not playing by any civilized rules and will be supplied with all the top ordinances aivailable. The only miscalculation Russia made was thinking that they would not give a kid a Kalashnikov, and shoot him if he tried to run.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Already seen a few interviews with some of these western volunteers. Spoiler...they were fleeing Ukraine as fast as they could because after arriving it became apparent Ukraine intended to use them as cannon fodder for their own forces. At the same time he had to be smuggled out because they were forcing volunteers to stay and fight...well stay and be their cannon fodder.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? Russia just recently passed a law to allow Putin to recruit underage people into his army.

But let me ask you, do you have children or children of your relatives or anyone like that who you care about?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   

But let me ask you, do you have children or children of your relatives or anyone like that who you care about?

Underage recruits of 17,16 year olds.
edit on 28-3-2022 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Oh, no 15 year olds then lol? What is wrong you with you, man? I think soldiers should at least go to school and get some minimum life experience first and get some understanding of right and wrong. We don't need slave soldiers who'll do whatever they are asked.

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

So essentially you are calling the poor sods "economic migrants".

Aye that poor young lad going on about his poor mother being on fire whilst she was still alive is only looking for work!

Even if he does manage to make it out of the place and to a safe nation he hardly lightly to be able to work or seek employment for a while with metal pins in his foot not that he is even old to do so.

Wee guy don't even wish to leave he wants to remain and help rebuild his city ffs.

Seek help Dalamax or at least a little compassion for your fellow man, or don't as its all one to me.
edit on 28-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   

War is hell anonentity

And people play to win by any and all means possible no matter how unpalatable that may seem.

Especially when the defence of their own land is concerned.

The fact of the matter is a child solider with an antiquated Kalashnikov can and will kill you just as fast as the full grown man version does.

As to miscalculations on Russia part, well the conviction and will of the Ukrainian people to defend and die for there nation springs to mind.

Hence the lack of any sorts of victory parade or flowers aside from the poor sods that end up pushing up daisy's of course.
edit on 28-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: Arnie123

In connection with your comment, one thought came to my mind. Recently, there have been many summits and negotiations between Russia and other countries, to which the United States and other Western countries are not invited. There is a saying in the Middle East: "If you are excluded from the list of invitees to an important dinner, you should check the menu. Perhaps your name is already there."
Check the menu of meetings and negotiations of Russia, China, India, Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, UAE, Iran and other countries.

Touche'.

We have to expect that with our three letter agencies committing human atrocities in our name. We are busting our asses trying to focus the Justice system on their criminality and they have "greased the skids" so they can bypass Justice.

The day when that will stand is soon ending. Justice will rule the day or we may as well get our ass kicked for allowing "them" to steal everything in the open. It used to be rumor of the corruption. It is as in your face as the Soviet corruption a half a century ago now.

Corruption does as it pleases until lady Justice has a say for good. We must maintain the moral high ground with this scum who have risen to power thru unconstitutional means. The COTUS and the Declaration of Independence will be our rule book when this is settled, or we cease to be. Somewhere in our past it was said in a movie by Pharaoh "So let it be written. So let it be done". Well it was written centuries ago and it will be done. God wins. Choose your team well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join