It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The controversial quest to make a 'contagious' vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Imagine a cure that’s as contagious as the disease it fights—a vaccine that could replicate in a host’s body and spread to others nearby, quickly and easily protecting a whole population from microbial attacks. That’s the goal of several teams around the world who are reviving controversial research to develop self-spreading vaccines.

Their hope is to reduce infectious disease transmission among wild animals, thereby lowering the risk that harmful viruses and bacteria can jump from wildlife to humans as many experts believe happened with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that caused the COVID-19 pandemic.

Before getting into my thoughts on this, a little history from the article is in order.
In 1999, a veterinarian led a team of researchers to an island to carry out the first trial of a self-spreading vaccine on a rabbit population that had been devastated by two viral diseases. In the lab, the team created a hybrid vaccine similar enough to the original that it would still spread among the rabbit population.
147 rabbits were micro-chipped, half of them received the hybrid vaccine, and all of them were released back into the wild. Bottom line, the trial was a success in that when those that were not vaccinated were recaptured, 56% of them had anti-bodies to both viruses.

The team submitted their findings to the European Medicines Agency to be approved for real world use but were rejected for safety concerns over the possibility the vaccination/virus could spread beyond its intended target. There was another reason mentioned, which is that big pharma wasn't enthused with a cure that would limit profit margins. I'm certainly not buying that explanation. Publicly, it's a good reason. Privately, I doubt they could resist.

In 2016, a renewed interest in “self-spreading vaccines” saw the formation of several research groups dedicated to developing the technology further.

Each of these new vaccines are so-called recombinant viruses. Researchers first identify a protein from the target microbe that serves as an antigen—a substance that triggers immune responses in vaccinated people or animals. Then the researchers select a virus to carry the vaccine and spread it. To do this, researchers capture a few animals from their target population—primates for Ebola, rats for Lassa fever—and isolate a virus that naturally infects those animals. Then they splice in genetic material from the target to create a vaccine.

These new vaccines use cytomegalovirus or CMV’s because of the large genome, stability, and their ability to “accommodate additional genes from the targeted microbe”. Incidentally, CMV’s infect the host for life. Minor detail.
Another study seeks to use a patent pending process that will introduce genetic safeguards to limit the number of times the vaccine can multiply, in effect limiting its lifetime.

In a perfect civilization, the potential benefits of a vaccine like this could save millions, if not billions, but this isn’t a perfect civilization…

“Our understanding of infectious disease dynamics in wildlife remain for the most part too simple to meaningfully predict the outcome of such an intervention…

…we could end up with something resembling the Resident Evil movies, except that instead of becoming a zombie you’ll be dead, or at best you’ll wish you were dead.

As an example given by the article, and referring back to the original trial above…

…the myxoma virus that had become such a devastating challenge in Europe arose because a man in France intentionally released the virus in 1952 to keep rabbits out of his home garden.

When in 2018, myxoma was sequenced and it was found that it had combined with poxvirus, enabling it to jump species.

The dangers of playing with fire are evident, but maybe not immediately so when playing with the ecosystem of a planet…

there is an emerging understanding that viruses and bacteria exist in complex microbial ecosystems, perhaps keeping each other’s populations in check. The impact of a self-spreading vaccine that wipes out one specific virus might have unknown consequences.

Dramatically shifting the balance by attempting to eradicate or reduce an endemic virus in nature could risk the emergence of other pathogens which impact both the wildlife species themselves, as well as people and our domestic animals…

Nevertheless, the possibilities are irresistible to researchers and research continues with hopes of another trial someday.

Last but not least is the ethics of human intervention in the way of a self-spreading vaccination/virus.
Fortunately for most of us, there are laws standing in the way of human testing and trials at present. Pesky things like “universal informed consent” and regulations, not to mention political fallout. Unfortunately for us, that has not prevented those in the position of usurping your rights from doing so in the past. Some of which I outlined here in 2020.

“You don't need to be a Rhodes scholar to work out that people will be nervous about a disseminating viral vector. It's a concept that will scare people,” says Redwood. “The way that I like to think about it is that it may never be used, but it's better to have something in the cupboard that can be used and is mature if we need it. And to say, ‘Let's just not do this research because it's too dangerous,’ to me, that makes no sense at all.”

I am of the opinion that the past is an indicator of the future. Governments and corporations have never been particularly shy about experimenting on the public and I’m certain that hasn’t changed. The technology exists and they’ve been itching to try it out on the population at large. It could be that Covid itself and Fauci’s “gain of function” is just a rebranded self-spreading "vaccine". Or it may be that big pharma’s RNA jab had this technology meted out in small batches to measure its successes and failures. We may never know for sure.

What we can be sure of, in my opinion, is that if it has not been used on humans yet, it will be. Don’t want a jab? Don’t like mandates? No problem.

National Geographic Article
Unfortunately, this article requests an email address to read it in full, but I felt the article was worth bringing to ATS because of the source and its thoroughness (Is that a word?). I gave them one of my junk email addresses.
edit on 3/26/2022 by Klassified because: spell-ing

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Vaxxes might contain "timed released" receptor cells for new viruses yet to be released ☠️

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before humans will unleash the ELE that wipes out 99% of the population. All because they aren't content with how nature works and they constantly meddle in the affairs of the natural world.

Regardless of anyone's stance on the subject, messing with the natural world to enhance the human constructed world will inevitably fail.

We are not supposed to be altering genes, mRNA, or even our own cells. Life finds a way and thrives without human intervention, but somehow we always play today in order to pay tomorrow.

Greed is a disease.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We have international laws for everything, yet we have a part of the scientific community that only sees their progress and will go so far to unleash GMO, modified mosquitos and only the devil knows what else.

My opinion is, when someone has the power and will to do something like that, what can effect whole food chains and mess with natures biology, it should be highly scrutinized and even put under heavy penalty. Like bioweapons because they can do damage like that, the only difference is the intent. But mother nature does not care about intent, it will always find a way. That's why these mosquito were found to proliferate and breed, oh were the scientists startled. And now they breed with natural mosquito population making them more aggressive because of shared genetic expression.

And we learned that we can't trust the government because the important positions are all infected by big corp money. Not even speaking about releasing virus and bacteria on the population as tests.

We see it with AI currently, creating poisons, someone here made a thread about Pandora's box, indeed. My biggest concern was always the mainstream "AI getting rogue" but it does not need to go rogue, it just needs the right idiots sitting in front of it, I learned.

The world is #ed up in that way and we only slowly get to hear about it. Heard about C8? I didn't until I was told what's up with that. Removed ALL teflon products from my kitchen that were left over when I heard that. Evil bastards. The scientist that developed DUPONT's coatings are all dead by now. The stuff is everywhere on the planet by now, they even found it in arctic snow.

Repercussions? Non existent.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

These things are extremely heavily regulated.

Washington isn't Raccoon city. In the real world you have to jump through all kinds of hoops with ethics committees just to get approval to do lab based studies, and even if you can get permission to do a limited study it can be extremely difficult to get funding as most of the big foundations that fund research have their own ethics committees as well as one eye on public relations.

A lot of fund and endowments come from old families, and they can be extremely conservative or religions. It's one thing to ask for money to research whether you can make a child gay by spanking them too much, or not enough, but messing with the building blocks of life?

If you can secure permission to do the research in a lab, and you do get some finding to do it, you then need to jump through even more hoops and to beg for even more funding form even more old people to do even the smallest scale trial. It can take years to do.

Once you've done the above, you need to do it all over again to get permission to do a local trial, but this time you need all kinds of permits from all kinds of government departments, which often involves people who haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about, and who also have one eye on what their voters might think.

I could set up an arms manufacturer selling hand guns that had a facial recognition camera on the front which would only allow you to shoot black people easier than I could set up a trial to gene edit mosquitoes so that didn't carry the malaria parasite.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Define "these" things.

I spoke about AI, not regulated.
I spoke about GMO, if regulations were in place, it did not stop them
I spoke about releasing GM mosquito, if regulations were in place, it did not stop them
I spoke about the OP, if regulations are in place...

you get it or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Washington isn't Raccoon city. In the real world you have to jump through all kinds of hoops with ethics committees just to get approval to do lab based studies, and even if you can get permission to do a limited study it can be extremely difficult to get funding as most of the big foundations that fund research have their own ethics committees as well as one eye on public relations.

Right. So difficult the government just does the dirty deed themselves in some cases.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Sure they are. Sure they are. 🤫

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Let me guess the side effects are the same as the flu symptoms, that's some contrived double speak.

Funding for spreadable vaccine research might be easier to obtain than for spreadable disease. We really want to help, never mind the side-effects.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Define "these" things.

I spoke about AI, not regulated.
I spoke about GMO, if regulations were in place, it did not stop them
I spoke about releasing GM mosquito, if regulations were in place, it did not stop them
I spoke about the OP, if regulations are in place...

you get it or not.

Not to mention if a high-level scientist wants to research something highly regulated because of its danger, he just goes underground. Build your lab in other countries whose regulations are for sale; divide the research into sections to create a paper trail nobody can figure out. Use HIV+ orphans to conduct experiments on, or take that annoying bark out of some Beagles so you can perform horrendous experiments on them without being disturbed.

The thing about Black Ops projects is you don't know they exist until something goes terribly wrong, and then you have to scramble with a plethora of cover stories in hopes no one will ever be able to prove chain of custody conclusively.

The world could exist forever with the checks and balances of Mother Nature. Every 'tweak' man does to the ecosystem chips away a little more at Gaia's longevity.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Gain of Function Vaccines !!! ☠️

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In this country, Australia, I would think that the use of a product that will infect everyone should at the very least require national informed consent. A referendum after an open comments discussion and total disclosure.

As well as a commitment to err on the side of caution in the event of adverse reactions and a real life physical penalty for those who fund, research and advocate for the product. Public mutilation if deemed by the court to be to old for incarceration, seems fitting to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Sure they are. Sure they are. 🤫

I am literally belly laughing at that comment. Lol

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It's so slippery slope for sure.

On a discord I saw something posted, a settlement of self sustaining people, a newer project.

I saw these pictures and though: Let's get some technology in there! Like solar panels or wind turbine, have power generated etc. And then I thought, I might ruin the place because of exactly that "tweaking". People came from places like that.

Just you gave me a word for it now.

I think this behavior is deeply engrained since we rely on tools so much. Build house, make tools, make better tools, improve on them, build up on them, first it's a stone axe then you collect iron ore and get a slab of iron, then you make you first hammer and pliers out of it to handle it easier the next time...

That's us humans

edit on 26-3-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   

They are heavily regulated ... until an "emergency" situation comes along that warrants the removal of those regulations. But then it's for the greater good, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Are you new?

The pee wee playhouse magic word of the day is "relocated."
...Relocated to where they aren't regulated.

"Relocated"
"ahhhhgggghhhhhaaaahhhh!"

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They already have created that kind of vaccine, the shingles Zostavax vaccine states that you should not go around kids for a period of time or they get Chicken pox from you. Not for me, I don't want to give my grandkids and great grandkids chicken pox. Strange that it gives the kids the actual chicken pox even though it is considered a version that is strongly weakened and won't cause the old person to have chicken pox.
edit on 26-3-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Thanks for posting that. It sounds like a self-spreading vaccine. I will look into it.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
God made Weed, Man made booze, whom do you trust.

Funny thing about weed stopping covid infections better then man made cure for a man made virus. All while don't drink an drive.

Blast the Devils Lettuce.
edit on 27-3-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Good post!

With the "shedding" we're seeing with the mRNA shots, the transfer of the spike protein from the injected to the non-injected, the current shots already do what you're discussing IMO, at least in many cases.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join