It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I like cheeses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Was going to post it in puns and jokes but it isn't that funny sooo....

I like Buddhist cheeses,(zen cheeses?)
I like blue cheeses,
I like Muslim cheeses,(halal cheeses?)
I like hard cheeses,
I like rasta cheeses,(ital cheeses?)
I like cow cheeses,
I like jewish cheeses,(kosher cheeses?)
I like fresh cheeses,
I like Christian cheeses,(holy cheeses?)

All joking aside I think, I like all cheeses...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I like cheeses but they give me a headache. The only ones I can eat much of are American cheese...not the cheese food though...and some of the fake cheap ones. I guess it has to do with tyramine content. I really do not like those migraine type headaches but if the cheese is great, it is worth the suffering.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I send my respect as a fellow cheese lover.

you might like this video, I did for sure.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   

In Italy we even do a heavenly mix between Gorgonzola and Mascarpone. If you gotta die, you may as well die happy!

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Highly recommend 'Fagotin' by Maredsous... A long, small, sausage-like cheese, eatable crust, delicious taste which demands you to taste more. Goes well with some Marcachouffe by Marcassou, it's a Belgian speciality of cured snack-size sausages with a very delicious, refined and unique taste, the meat itself seems to be of a high standard, because contrary to many other types of sausages, these one seldom entertain your teeth with pieces of that overly annoying parts of soft bone, which shouldn't really be in there in the first place, it has no use, but I guess it's not so easy to completely take it out I guess, however I rarely stumble on one such fine sausage that has some weird bite somewhere, immediatly causing some form of repulsion towards your sausage and annoy you further on with some piece of bone you try get out between your teeth.

Marcachouffe:

Fagotin:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   
praise Cheesus... I have tries many different cheeses but always seem to come back to a good aged sharp cheddar. Also do really like goat cheese, on ritz crackers. Of coarse blue cheese on anything makes it taste better.
edit on 390f2022Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:44:33 -050025 by 390ford because: (no reason given)

edit on 390f2022Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:45:34 -050025 by 390ford because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I bought a 5 lb wheel of cheddar and it didn't last a month.

Neither did the 10lb log of gouda (had help with this one, though)

Currently trying to talk my (dairy allergic) husband into a Swiss wheel next.

Hi, my name is Nyiah, and I'm a dedicated cheeseaholic.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If you tire of cheddar, England alone offers a mutlitude of different types, including Cheshire, Lancashire, Double Gloucester and Stilton.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScrubCommander

Thanks for pointing me to those cured sausages. I need to get some colleagues to bring me back some from Belgium the next time they go there for work.

We also have many varieties of cured sausage and most drive me crazy because of the gristle and harder bits of lard that get stuck between my teeth..., but they are worth the trouble. As I get older, I tend to prefer cured sausage that's preserved in olive oil. The meat becomes like butter and can be literally spread on bread, crackers, etc.

Feta cheese preserved the same way is wicked good, too.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes, I love UK cheeses, too! Having lived there twenty years gave me ample opportunity to try most of them. My favourites are Stilton for the blue veins and crumbliness, Lancashire for the tang and Cheddar for making me dream lucidly more than any other cheese.

edit on 25/3/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Gouda is great. It melts beautifully!

When you say "allergic", do you mean lactose intolerant?

I've suffered L.I. all my life, but I found that many cheeses, including many Swiss varieties, have very low lactose levels. Here are nine of the most popular, but I know there are many more...

www.realsimple.com...

ETA: Lest I forget, I believe that goats milk and derived cheeses are naturally lactose free.

edit on 25/3/2022 by Encia22 because: Forgot the goats...

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

In Italy we even do a heavenly mix between Gorgonzola and Mascarpone. If you gotta die, you may as well die happy!

As a lactose intolerant cheese lover..

I farted just looking at that!

😇

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Gouda is great. It melts beautifully!

When you say "allergic", do you mean lactose intolerant?

I've suffered L.I. all my life, but I found that many cheeses, including many Swiss varieties, have very low lactose levels. Here are nine of the most popular, but I know there are many more...

www.realsimple.com...

ETA: Lest I forget, I believe that goats milk and derived cheeses are naturally lactose free.

Both lactose intolerant & allergic to whey. Or as he likes to put it, "limited to the dryer the cheese, the safer".

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

My favorite? Amish Chocolate cheese...omg!
edit on 03225731America/ChicagoFri, 25 Mar 2022 22:45:57 -050045202200000057 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear that. I find softer cheeses do give me more problems; fortunately, I prefer more mature cheeses as well. However, I do have a "soft" spot for Philadelphia... where I was born, too.

edit on 26/3/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I

LOOVVVVVVVVE

CHEEEEEEEEEEEESSE!!!!!!

Best grilled is Chibatta Bread and Taleggio cheese.
Taleggio cheese

Also, Blue Moon Pizza Reno Nevada. LARGE Chevre with Roasted garlic.

I'm Hungry now, Thanks!

BB

edit on 27-3-2022 by Bigburgh because: Cheese all day baby!

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How to make Paneer cheese at home.
This type of fresh "cottage" cheese is usually added to spinach and chick-pea dishes, or even vegetarian "scrambled eggs".
Not limited to, but very popular in Hare Krishna and Indian dishes.
Lots of online recipes, just focusing on the cheese itself here.

Although I might add that it works best with milk from a farm, I've gotten mixed or disappointing results with even full-cream shop-bought dairy, so this may vary according to the source and treatment of the milk.

edit on 27-3-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I've never tried it (and never will), but there's a Sardinian cheese called "casu martzu" that's banned in the US.
It's produced by live maggots, which are often consumed with the cheese:

Because the larvae in the cheese can launch themselves for distances up to 15 centimetres (6 in) when disturbed, diners hold their hands above the sandwich to prevent the maggots from leaping. Some who eat the cheese prefer not to ingest the maggots. Those who do not wish to eat them place the cheese in a sealed paper bag. The maggots, starved for oxygen, writhe and jump in the bag, creating a "pitter-patter" sound. When the sounds subside, the maggots are dead and the cheese can be eaten.

en.wikipedia.org...

(And yip, there's lots of clips on YouTube for those who can stomach it.)

top topics

join