It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Fail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: nugget1

What ideals?

Ideals are 'standards' ones aspires to live by. The old, stuffy ideals of past eras have little place in todays' progressive society. Lots of people are grateful for the new standards that have pretty much taken over society as a whole.

posted on Mar, 25 2022 @ 10:25 PM
link   

...and those ideals are?

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 04:37 PM
link   

...and those ideals are?

A lot different than they once were. I'm sure you can figure out how the ideals (standards) of people today are much different than the ideals (standards) of the past generations. Some have changed for the better, some for the worst.

If you wish me to be specific and name ideals (standards) that have changed since I was born 760+ years ago, my gut instincts tell me it would be to engage in a controversial discourse, for which I respectively decline. You can decide for yourself if you think today's world is better than yesterday's.

'It takes two'.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I thought we fail cause we get told to follow unrealistic goals an that life is straight line while not having our hopes an dreams broken an crushed at an early age to see if what we really want when life throws curve balls.
edit on 26-3-2022 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ideals and social behaviour would have changed quite a bit when men no longer walked around armed and easily insulted.

Now peeps can get away with gobbing off without so much as a punch in the face.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   

760+years ago? You're some sort of vampire? lol
What I've seen in my lifetime is countries inventing false pretexts to invade other countries. Every tragedy gets used to limit the autarky and/or privacy of the citizens, which are told their behaviour is what drives the economic and political development but in reality you got no choice if you can't opt out of society.
I have seen pitchforks of the olden days being reinvented with the outrage culture of social media. A whole generation depressed and/or anorexic trying to keep up with beauty standards, busy portraying a life that just exists in photos.
The environment, communities, families everything sacrificed for a dollar.

Whatever those new ideals are they sure seem not to be healthy or anything like truth, justice and equality.
edit on 26-3-2022 by Peeple because: just one n

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

760+years ago? You're some sort of vampire? lol
What I've seen in my lifetime is countries inventing false pretexts to invade other countries. Every tragedy gets used to limit the autarky and/or privacy of the citizens, which are told their behaviour is what drives the economic and political development but in reality you got no choice if you can't opt out of society.
I have seen pitchforks of the olden days being reinvented with the outrage culture of social media. A whole generation depressed and/or anorexic trying to keep up with beauty standards, busy portraying a life that just exists in photos.
The environment, communities, families everything sacrificed for a dollar.

Whatever those new ideals are they sure seem not to be healthy or anything like truth, justice and equality.

Hard to believe I proof-read my posts at times like this! Should have been 70+ years old, but at my age I'm thankful my fingers still work at all- let alone remember how old I am. lol

By your post, I can see you have a concept of how standards/ideals have been changing rapidly, and possibly why us old codgers always want to talk about the 'good old days'.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join