It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In light of recent events....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've developed a little app that (by thread) scrapes all the posts from a single page and places the thread title, author, related postID and post body into a comma separated file.

An example of the data is below:

I dont want to do this if management takes exception, and have no intent on releasing the data, only to store it for threads i personally find important in an SQL table for reference or if, in the event of another extended downtime i can post relevant data elsewhere if the need would arise.

Is this a problem? If so, i will not move further on it.

Thank you in advance!

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Is it stored in a place where nuclear blasts will not damage the data's integrity?

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Is it stored in a place where nuclear blasts will not damage the data's integrity?

It's on a server located in the bathroom of a tiny mom and pop business.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

yes. i have a vpn via Musks satellite uplink to a server on a colony building ship currently orbiting Mars.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Can someone give me a summary of what "the recent events" were? I was away for a over a week

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shasta9600

ATS was down for quite a few days, and people flocked to other sites, and discord just trying to keep in touch. That's pretty much the long and short of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2022 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: carewemust

It's on a server located in the bathroom of a tiny mom and pop business.

You mean Hillary's bathroom. LOL.

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   

It would be great to use the ability to sort threads to the UFO forum by number of flags to identify at least some of the threads that members have viewed as most significant and then run your app on those threads to archive them (particularly if a copy can then be stored by one or more of the main UFO archives - such as the AFU in Sweden and/or SCEAU in France):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Presumably your app does not store images (which I can live without).

Does it capture/store links that were posted in threads?

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

I could see the value in that for sure.

To answer your question, it does not capture or store images but it wouldnt exactly be a tough call to alter that.

As far as links within a post? yes.... whether it be youtube or an external news source

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Seems like it shouldn't be an issue.
But quoting part of the T&C disclaimer:

7) DISCLAIMER.
... ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL...

Terms And Conditions Of Use

posted on Mar, 24 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Ok thanks D.....

The risks i understand.

top topics

join