It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regular Squatters vs Squatters in a Russian Oligarch's house in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, let me preface this by saying squatters are lazy scum and deserve to be ousted and jailed instantaneously. But THIS OP is about what happens to regular peeps vs. rich peeps and how the legal process is different for you and I.

So in the UK it can take months, nay, years to remove a squatter, and the owner has to foot the bill for the cops, court and baliff's to get said squatters out.

Now, if you are a rich Russian oligarch in London, you just need to make a call and the Calvary arrive the same day with riot gear and heavy machinery...

www.reuters.com...

London is a whore to Russian money....same with Cambridge, except it whores itself to Chinese money.

I had to go through hoop after hoop to verify where $175k came from for a down payment for my house, but these fools just get shady lawyers and buy multi-million pound properties no questions asked.

And this happened on both Conservative and Liberal government watches. Forget racism, sexism, blah, blah blah, it's Poor vs Rich.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Ive squatted quite some houses, never have I impeeded the owner to use it adequately. Funny thing is, the town I was, did only foot the bill if the squatters were impeding any monetary or other benefit to the owner. This was to avoid house owners sitting on property, that is to expensive to renovate and too shaby to rent, till land prices go high due to gentrification.

I guess it's ok to have homeless people next to a vacant house. Gotta love capitalism, it makes us better people

edit on 16-3-2022 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What I see in the video is a crime of the highest order. NO, not the squatters, the local council.
If the local council have taken over responsibility for the block of flats just why are they not cleaning them up and actually helping the situation by letting them to low income people. But no. They would sooner see them empty till they can make more money from them. Councils in the UK used to be known to help with affordable properties, but now they are just very, very greedy.

new topics

join