It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A month for everybody..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   
but white heterosexual males...

I just got yelled at because I didnt know it was womens month or I had forgotten.

It got me to thinking what the F am I supposed to tell my little pale skinned red haired son when he starts school next year and see a month where everyone is celebrated but people that look like him??

Personally I dont care (it has no effect on me), truly dont the only month I remember from high school days was black history month didnt care then, dont care now.

But how am I supposed to explain to a 4 year old if he asks about it??

when in the ever loving F are we going to move past, well the past my son didnt do anything to anyone I honestly dont know how to explain it. Whenever it did bother me (I am sure it did cant recall anything particular from 40+ years ago) I pushed it down didnt address it and moved forward till I forgot about it.

I dont want to raise him to be that fricking closed off like I am, people tell me they do these months so that group can see hero's that look like them.

Ok great, I plan to be in his life as long as I can and will try to be an example to him, his granddads are both trying to be the same, but who else is there that will look like him to borrow their argument for a moment.

I just want the same fair shake for my son that every kid deserves, I do not plan on putting him in public school. I have no personal experience with private schools so dont know how its different.

I am sure someone will get upset that this annoys me, but I dont really care has my kid gets older I am starting to see how hard the tight rope is to walk to get them from diapers to full functional adulthood.

Nobody handed me the keys to a supercar at 16 and a supermodel wife at 18 so I feel gipped with my privilege, same for my dad and his dad. go back far enough 1 side of my family had to flee ireland during the famine, the other fled slovenia during ww1 to avoid german conscription.

I am not wanting anything more than an even playing field for my son to succeed or fail on his own intellect and ability.
edit on 6-3-2022 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

didnt care then, dont care now.

But how am I supposed to explain to a 4 year old if he asks about it??

I’m with you. Didn’t care then and don’t care now. If anything, every time they add another “month” it makes all of them even more meaningless (if that is even possible).

As far as the kids go (we have a 10 year old and almost 4 year old), we use these “months” as one of many examples to show how utterly foolish aspects of our society are. It falls under the general lesson category of “Things to not get sucked into.”

edit on 6-3-2022 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2022 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's all scripted/planned to divide us, and to get (understandable) reactions like yours. I 100% agree with you that it will affect your son and other kids like him , for no reason other than what they look like and who they are.
It's also planned to destroy the familiar and secure (family, home life, marriage etc) with something entirely different. Something broken, something that they , the "elites" , then will come in and safe us from with their 'great reset'.

I can't see why else this is all purposely done like it has been for so long now ?
You can tell your son that this month is for 'everyone else ', and the rest of the year is for him ?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Even more fun - They get to have heroes that look like them all month. Technically as a woman, I guess I get a month for me too, but whatever, I make my own success so who cares about them? But even so, the same ones are busy getting the heroes that look like you and your son and my son removed from every space they can because having those images up where there are no images of people who look like them creates hostility and exclusion to them.

So by the time my son and then your son get to those spaces, there actually won't be any heroes that look like them left in places for them to see either. Then they won't get their own month full of heroes that look like them. So where are they going to be left at?

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just asked the wife if she knew this was womens moth she said no, told her about the people yelling at me for not being aware, She laughed and said F em... .love that woman.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can tell you I dont like what I am seeing down the road when it comes to where will they be, and I dont like it.

We have basically in the course of my life gone full circle back to categorizing everyone and giving everyone different accessibility credentials.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm female.. Had no idea it was 'Woman month' lmao. What does that even mean? Ooo-Do I get a discount at the gas pump or smthng!?
Ridiculous. When did that even start?

edit on 6-3-2022 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 6-3-2022 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   

but white heterosexual males...

I just got yelled at because I didnt know it was womens month or I had forgotten.

You now have the perfect excuse to say '"it's not your month" to women for the other 11 months of the year.

Coooool

edit on 6/3/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

supposedly a long time ago but became big late '80s.

Surprised me, heck my wife was part of the first all-female Awacs crew, still didnt know it was a thing.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In honor of Women's Month, I plan to make my own sandwich.

I know it's not going to be easy, but I hope it helps me to understand the struggles that the women of today have had to endure to get to where they are.

ETA: It was a good sandwich. I feel very empowered.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The way I see it: F*** 'em all. I don't celebrate any month. It's all the same hypocritical nonsense.

It begins with people claiming that all they want is for others to view them as a 'Person' just like everyone else, but then often in the exact same (or the following) sentence, they will then clearly describe themselves as specifically being a '*********** Person'.

Just make up your freaking mind and shut up about it already!

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

I know it's not going to be easy, but I hope it helps me to understand the struggles that the women of today have had to endure to get to where they are.

If you truly wanted to make a difference, you would make yourself a sandwich every month.

ETA: lmao @ your "ETA".
I noticed that you didn't actually edit your post at all. Since your "ETA" was such a blatant lie, I can't help but wonder what else you might be lying about.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

It got me to thinking what the F am I supposed to tell my little pale skinned red haired son when he starts school next year and see a month where everyone is celebrated but people that look like him??

You tell him the same thing I was told: "Look kid, you have no soul. No one born with red hair and freckles does. You're not special in any other regard. The benefit? You have no soul to be sent to Hell, so do what you will."

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
you'll see a "national welfare bum month" to celebrate the useless eaters before you see "national middle aged employed white guy day" - they don't care about you or me. get back to work.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Of course it probably depends on which source you're using, but according to this: OfficeHolidays/Diversity-Months, March might also be your Month too.

lol this one: listofnationaldays.com/commemorative-months/ shows some months as celebrating/commemorating up to around 40-50 different things. And I'm sure those lists will only keep growing.

The longer the list = The less important each thing becomes, so I suppose that's not really a bad thing.
edit on 3/7/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
I'm female.. Had no idea it was 'Woman month' lmao. What does that even mean? Ooo-Do I get a discount at the gas pump or smthng!?
Ridiculous. When did that even start?

According to an abortive try at one Missouri College, it means we're supposed to call ourselves womynx so we can include men who think they're women.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

If you truly wanted to make a difference, you would make yourself a sandwich every month.

ETA: lmao @ your "ETA".
I noticed that you didn't actually edit your post at all. Since your "ETA" was such a blatant lie, I can't help but wonder what else you might be lying about.

You caught me. I was just looking for a way to weasel the word "empowered" into the post. You can tell a person really cares about women's issues when they use the word "empowered."

ETA: [really this time] I can't make sandwiches every month. I have to make tacos in September.
edit on 7-3-2022 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2022 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

A lot of ATS posters seem to get shouted and made to feel very uncomfortable. Makes me wonder how they project themselves in public.

Re Women's months etc. Step one: keep your knees from jerking.

Step two: look around you and learn to listen.

Step three: think about what you have learned.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Funny thing about that, while she was pregnant I used to joke that we were spawning a future (hopefully) benevolent overlord for Earth.

Then we get a mini ginger... Coincidence?

<<   2 >>

join