It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian authorities arrest over 8,000 people over anti-war protests: Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is the 'freedom' Putin desires to bring to the Ukraine.

The arrests come after Russia has increased its efforts at stifling any opposition to the government's invasion of Ukraine, which has included blocking media outlets.

www.foxnews.com...

Journalists now face up to 15 years for publishing anything contradictory. Protesters including children arrested and facing possible forced labor camps. Ukraine would be so blessed to live under these conditions.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

There is no room for dissent in Putin's Russia , in his mind critical voices are enemies of the State even when those voices are the voices of the people of Russia.

"I cannot and will not be silent, watching how the pseudo-historical nonsense about the events of 100 years ago became an excuse for Russians to kill Ukrainians, and those, defending themselves, to kill Russians," Mr Navalny wrote on Twitter.

"Putin is not Russia," he continued. "We cannot wait any longer. Wherever you are, in Russia, Belarus or on the other side of the planet, go to the main square of your city every weekday and at 2pm on weekends and holidays."
news.sky.com...

People are starting to leave Putin's Russia due to the sanctions he has brought upon them and the belief he is about to impose Martial law in the country.

Thousands of Russians are rushing to flee the country ahead of this weekend, as rumors swirl that Vladimir Putin could soon declare martial law, close the borders and crack down even harder on domestic dissent.
www.axios.com...

edit on 5-3-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Putnam6 posted a LIVE Stream a few days ago (no longer live of course, but the video is still there) showing protestors continuously getting arrested by Russian Police.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
This is the 'freedom' Putin desires to bring to the Ukraine.

The arrests come after Russia has increased its efforts at stifling any opposition to the government's invasion of Ukraine, which has included blocking media outlets.

www.foxnews.com...

Journalists now face up to 15 years for publishing anything contradictory. Protesters including children arrested and facing possible forced labor camps. Ukraine would be so blessed to live under these conditions.

Sounds like the "freedom" we enjoy for having the wrong opinion in Canada (trucker protests) and the USA ("insurrection").

Have they released Tamara Lich or the Jan 6th protestors that have been held indefinitely?

And yes, you're damned right this is a whataboutism.

edit on 3/5/2022 by MykeNukem because: #FreeTamara

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I firmly believe if they admitted it was 8000 arrested it is likely to double that amount. 16,000 protestors arrested in Russia is like getting 32,000 arrested here in the US. I don't think we ever go to 32,000 arrested though I supposed it was possible

But as a child of the '70s, the specter of a potential Russian collapse or revolution was never even on the table. We instead did our duck and cover nuclear war drills along with tornado and fire drills. I just don't see a collapse happening just yet, it will likely have to get worse much worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Putnam6 posted a LIVE Stream a few days ago (no longer live of course, but the video is still there) showing protestors continuously getting arrested by Russian Police.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Russian gulags are getting full while Putin tells his people he is on a humanitarian mission in Ukraine. Seems they aren't getting the politically correct message from Putin and his politicians, that protesting freedom and peace is "white supremacy" and Nazi like.

Just like the opinion piece recently, in the Washington Post, by a member of the political party in power in the US, that the concept of "freedom" is one of "White Supremacy" and the freedom truckers are just a bunch of white supremacists because they were demanding freedom from COVID mandates and over regulations that have made it nearly impossible to earn a living as an independent (free) trucker.

The world is being told freedom is evil and bad from politicians like Putin, Trudeau, and the barricades being put up in DC and national guard sent to control the truckers who dare to ask for freedom. Only White Supremacists want freedom and all the political parties in power are making sure the world knows that is their stance on the ugly word freedom from government oppression, because the government knows best what everyone should do, think, and do with their bodies.

edit on 3/5/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Ummm…did your first thread on this not get enough traction…?

Answer me this…which country arrested and jailed protestors…kept them in solitary isolation…and refused to allow them due process for over a year…?

And which country previously imprisoned journalists for reporting that was detrimental to the administration…

Methinks it wasn’t Russia…

But do go on with your…ahem…claims…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
eight thousand out of probably eighty million adults in Russia. I would say that a lot of people everywhere are against wars, so lets say that maybe a million Russians are against war out of their hundred fourty some odd million people. But most of those million people against war also know that to preserve their way of life there has to be war. They, like residents of lots of countries, can see that the free world is getting more and more evil, people believe and parrot lies and deception to maintain their lifestyle of entitlement they have learned to cherish.

I am not against having a good life like we can enjoy in America, but I do respect the people who actually work supplying for needs of society way more than people who supply things people want but do not need. The people supplying others wants and desires seem to prosper in the USA, while the ones who provide essential things like working creating foods and supplying essential services seem to be gaining less financially lately. We eat almost forty percent highly processed food in our diets these days in America, people don't even want to cook a meal from scratch and lately they don't even want to go shopping for their food, they are getting more and more spoiled. A lot of other countries people think this entitlement is evil.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A lot of other countries people think this entitlement is evil.

Nail on the perverbial head.
And 'Evil' being the operative word.
Try to change a Christians view of satan. Tell him or her that satan is simply misunderstood and they should just try talking to him once in a while. You know..make friends.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

OMG that's almost as bad as Canada!!

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If Russian journalists are as dishonest as 90% of American journalists, 15 years is not enough.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

A lot of other countries people think this entitlement is evil.

Nail on the perverbial head.
And 'Evil' being the operative word.
Try to change a Christians view of satan. Tell him or her that satan is simply misunderstood and they should just try talking to him once in a while. You know..make friends.

Satan is the one who delivers the test to see if we are righteous. He is supposedly one of the Angels. Satan is not my enemy, he is the being who gives us a test to see how we respond. He is not my enemy. He cannot make us follow the wrong path, if we bite the hook, then we pay the price. People have made Satan evil yet he only tempts us. It is not his fault if we believe his deceptions, it is ours.

I would like to have a conversation with Satan, because I am strong enough to resist what he tempts us with....at least I hope I am. I have no right to judge Satan, and I cannot blame him because I took the bait, that is all on me.

Is Satan real? I don't know. But I know I do not want to be a deceiver or liar and also I have no right to hate him, hating is not what a good person would do. I respect Satan but will not take the bait he is offering. I would rather be poor and a nobody than be rich and make a living conning or stealing.

People say there is no evidence that god is real, yet I have yet to see proper evidence that the reality we are in is even real, especially when you consider that within a hundred years, we will have direct connection to the brains of people where similations could be created. So I cannot say anything in my reality is actually real. Identifying what God is is more of what I am interested in finding out.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Spot on.

We've lost a little elevation from our morale high ground.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If they were as dishonest as CNN they are fine. On Russia lying for the party is fine, it's only the truth you can't tell.

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

What first thread? I think you're confused.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   
About 4,000 Russians have been arrested today following protests around the country.

Nearly 4,000 people have been detained at anti-war protests across Russia on Sunday, rights groups and Russian authorities say.

Some 1,700 people were detained in Moscow alone, the RIA news agency reported, citing the interior ministry.

The OVD-Info rights group says detentions took place in 53 cities.

Although protests have become increasingly restricted in recent years, numerous rallies have taken place across Russia since the invasion.

In the last 11 days, more than 10,000 people have been detained at protests, OVD-Info says.
www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join