It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GUGLiL

Help me out, is it the Masons that worship John as the christ? Can't remember where I read that now

Although Masonic and Mandaean both begin with Ma, they are not the same.

Mandaeans believe that John the Baptist was the true final prophet of truth and light. Jesus deviated from the way, according to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

It was John the baptist, I read about, but thanks for the link

The search for the real historical person known as John the Baptist and the traditions that began with him

• Explores why John the Baptist is so crucially important to the Freemasons, who were originally known as “St. John’s Men”

• Reveals how John and Jesus were equal partners and shared a common spiritual vision to rebuild Israel and overcome corruption in the Temple of Jerusalem

• Explains the connections between John as lord of the summer solstice, his mysterious severed head, fertility rites, and ancient Jewish harvest festivals

Few Freemasons today understand why the most significant date in the Masonic calendar is June 24th--the Feast of the Birth of St. John the Baptist and the traditional date for appointing Grand Masters. Nor do many of them know that Masons used to be known as “St. John’s Men” or that John the Baptist was fundamental to the original Masonic philosophy of personal transformation.

Starting with the mystery of John in Freemasonry, Tobias Churton searches out the historical Baptist through the gospels and ancient histories, unearthing the real story behind the figure lauded by Jesus’s words “no greater man was ever born of woman.” He investigates John’s links with the Essenes and the Gnostics, links that flourish to this day. Exposing how the apostle Paul challenged John’s following, twisting his message and creating the image of John as “merely” a herald of Jesus, the author shows how Paul may have been behind the executions of both John and Jesus and reveals a precise date for the crucifixion and the astonishing meaning of the phrase “the third day.” He examines the significance of John’s severed head to holy knights, such as the Knights Templar, and of Leonardo’s famous painting of John. Churton also explains connections between John, the summer solstice, fertility rites, and ancient Jewish harvest festivals.

www.innertraditions.com...
[edit
edit on 1-3-2022 by GUGLiL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Also mentions that John the baptist is fundamental to personal transformation, and by digging deeper, you find that JOHN, Literally is the key to christos

AEIOU

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I'm kinda surprised I've never seen this movie before.

Now the question is: Do I wanna watch the theatrical version or the 2008 director's cut...

This lists many differences between the 2 versions, but of course it's full of spoilers so I can't read it.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The theatrical version, it say there is a narrator at the beginning of the directors cut, it doesn't need a narration, the original version is perfect

Although I haven't seen the directors cut, but it's a classic, watch both, original first

posted on Mar, 1 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Actually, it says the opening monologue is not there in the director's cut.

The director's cut omits the opening monologue.

The opening narration with Dr. Schreber's voice has been omitted in the director's cut

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Must've been out of the country when this one went to the big screens. Almost missed it.

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
But I still put this in my top Twenty Cool Movies I'd watch again list.

Couldn't not buy it (Amazon has the Director's Cut for $10) after that recommendation.

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great movie! Really underappreciated. I was 15 or 16 when it came out, saw it at the cinema & was totally engrossed.
Been a few years since I've watched it, might dig the DVD out tomorrow night.

I'll also second the mentions of Bone Tomahawk, Dead Man, & The Crow (which is also by Alex Proyas, the Dark City director).

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So I wrote this thread impulsively, I do this because when I do things impulsively and fluidly, I cam then go back after its been put out and study, the subconscious input, so the tangent lead me to link Dark City, with the Gnostic book, the Apocryphal of John, found at Nag Hammadi, anyway it is uncanny, with those alien things being archons, and John receiving knowledge etc

Hidden truth, well who knows, John?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join