It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happens if Banks Crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
Data is also backed via physical and digital redundant online and offline methods.
SHTF, you will be down a day maybe and walla transactions and accounts restored.

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They wouldn't be dealing with a bank run if they had their money in an EFT, most of the platforms allow you to sell shares and then transfer the proceeds to other accounts.

If reports are correct their internet is being disrupted, their cell service, everything is being monitored.

Also, you can sell shares from platform to platform, but cashing that out isn't always instant.
Money in savings in a local bank is pretty safe in times like these, and believe me just having money sitting there is not something i'd normally advocate but right now it's probably not a bad thing to do. Don't have all your eggs in one basket.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
IMO, the biggest thing we need to ne concerned with are the multiple DDoS attacks that could take place on banking systems that have failed to beef up networking and servers in the last 10 years. I still see archaic systems employed at a few branches, credit unions, ATMs, and the such.

But then again, maybe they need it all to fail so they can institute their fully digital currency, alongside the digital ID being pushed, into the final stages of complete control of the FinTech sector.

It's pretty easy to see their hidden plan slipping through the cracks.

I agree with Augustus.
No large sums in bank accounts, but I may even go further and say that having large sums in crypto may be just as bad right now.

Again, it may all be part of the plan.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Money in savings in a local bank is pretty safe in times like these, and believe me just having money sitting there is not something i'd normally advocate but right now it's probably not a bad thing to do. Don't have all your eggs in one basket.

First you say, 'look at the Russians', and now you're saying it's a good idea?

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

It's pretty scary to think, but everyone should ask themselves, if one of two things happened

-If there was a disruption to how I obtain my money what would I do?
-If I were able to get money but hyperinflation happened what would I do?

I think these are very real possiblities.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The crash isnt the problem. The panic is the biggest threat. Thats why good leadership is so important be it on a national scale all the way down to the individual. Of course emotional escalation is the counter to effective thought so what we get thrown at us is 24 hour hysteria... doom and gloom... banks crashing... nuclear war etc. etc.

Sometimes its just better to go fishing or for a hike. Think in peace for a little while. Leave the cell phone at home.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
But then again, maybe they need it all to fail so they can institute their fully digital currency, alongside the digital ID being pushed, into the final stages of complete control of the FinTech sector.

All of that is coming without a banking failure and it won't be rammed home by the government, the private sector likes it for the decrease in liability issues and ease of use, they are the ones who will be driving adoption.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First you say, 'look at the Russians', and now you're saying it's a good idea?

I'm saying the Russians that are lining up at the banks probably have a better chance at getting a little somthing out.
It sucks all around.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I'm saying the Russians that are lining up at the banks probably have a better chance at getting a little somthing out.
It sucks all around.

I can do electronic transfers from my EFT to my bank and then to creditors. I don't need to stand in line like some panicked potato.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

a reply to: havok

It's pretty scary to think, but everyone should ask themselves, if one of two things happened

-If there was a disruption to how I obtain my money what would I do?
-If I were able to get money but hyperinflation happened what would I do?

I think these are very real possiblities.

Maybe you realize what a slave to the system you have become. Maybe you reflect on the purpose of your existence. Maybe you are humbled into realizing that the world does not revolve around you.

This is not a poke or attack on you JAGStorm I am speaking in a general sense so dont take offense. When I say YOU ... I mean Everyone... myself included.

Stuff like this is why everyone runs to churches in times of need. Faith based folks typically have a leg up in times like these. Just dont run out and join a satanic church. You might be eaten.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Maybe you realize what a slave to the system you have become. Maybe you reflect on the purpose of your existence. Maybe you are humbled into realizing that the world does not revolve around you

Anyone not living a total hobo life is a slave to the system.

I’m talking reality. During the depression, heck let’s look at modern times like Venezuela, Mexico, or Russia right now. They aren’t the US and our situation would be different, but to not think about these things is putting our head in the sand. Money has crashed and when you think about it the US is long overdue.

They will also be the people begging for help when the time comes. Trust me when I say the church is the last place I would seek help. You know what happened when the flooding hit Texas? People went to Joel Osteens church and were turned away. You know who didn’t the local mattress guy.

I hope people turn to their neighbors and work together. I agree the world doesn’t revolve around me or anyone else and a lot of time survival does depend on helping others and getting help. I think these discussion may seem depressing, or alarmist to people. I like to think of the what if’s. Maybe these discussions help people plan. I’ve purchased some survival gear that I never even knew existed from this site. Not just for major conflicts, but just regular times like extended power failures etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Don't have all your eggs in one basket.

Still it might be prudent to invest a little in all things poultry. Like wings, ranch dressing and there are lines around the block at Chick-fil-A.

My GF has a small bunch of hens out back to keep the grasshopper population down in her asparagus garden. Talk about eggs in a basket...

She trades her products with the neighbors for beans, chili, weed and elk. Living in a small village has it's advantages.....in reference to working with your neighbors like you mentioned.
edit on 28-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

All the stores would be looted first.All the smart people would be out of the city with their supplies that were bought years ago.The end.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lemon1234

All the stores would be looted first.All the smart people would be out of the city with their supplies that were bought years ago.The end.

Sorry for the dystopian take on things. Bring those supplies out here to the country, and thanks.... Then get your ass back to the city or else, we don't need no city slickers out heah. The end...

Haven't you seen "Deliverance" oink, oink...
edit on 28-2-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Chase Bank account holders furious as thousands of dollars go missing

To think any information is secure in the computer age is pure folly on the believers' part. If there's a will, there's a way.

meaww.com... ms-chase-bank-hacked-server-glitch-lost-money-multiple-account-holders-extra-money

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: agenda51

Maybe you realize what a slave to the system you have become. Maybe you reflect on the purpose of your existence. Maybe you are humbled into realizing that the world does not revolve around you

Anyone not living a total hobo life is a slave to the system.

I’m talking reality. During the depression, heck let’s look at modern times like Venezuela, Mexico, or Russia right now. They aren’t the US and our situation would be different, but to not think about these things is putting our head in the sand. Money has crashed and when you think about it the US is long overdue.

They will also be the people begging for help when the time comes. Trust me when I say the church is the last place I would seek help. You know what happened when the flooding hit Texas? People went to Joel Osteens church and were turned away. You know who didn’t the local mattress guy.

I hope people turn to their neighbors and work together. I agree the world doesn’t revolve around me or anyone else and a lot of time survival does depend on helping others and getting help. I think these discussion may seem depressing, or alarmist to people. I like to think of the what if’s. Maybe these discussions help people plan. I’ve purchased some survival gear that I never even knew existed from this site. Not just for major conflicts, but just regular times like extended power failures etc.

I sincerely hope that you have prepared enough by now to survive the initial wave if that day ever comes. Running to the Church will be an act of desperation by desperate people for the most part. Be a lot of good folks there but also dangerous ones as well. Osteen's church is more of a mega church money operation. A small church would probably be the way to go. I wouldnt depend on that stuff though... any groups can go south really fast in desperate times. All it takes is a crafty and charismatic leader with bad intentions.

This is all TEOTWAWKI stuff though. Doom and gloom.... blah, blah, blah

Keep your gas tank topped off, have food and water on hand, be able to protect yourself, keep a clear head and you will make it out all right. I wouldnt stress out about it. People throughout history have survived all kinds of crashes so its been done before. Your mental state will be more important than anything else. Just like it always is.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When that happens, our mortgages and debts don't disappear, only the money we have in the bank seems to disappear. The Stock Market, that is not real either, and gold is not really worth anything, gold only is worth what people are willing to pay for it. Debt remains, savings disappear...that is what happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The big money will bail themselves out with our money, we are the loser, they big money never lose a penny.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   

True.

Even if it were to happen...

The sun would still come up tomorrow.

Gardens would become very popular, and the economy would become barter-based.

It'd be a painful adjustment...but very doable.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Don't give your .45 a BJ yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join