It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever watch a supposed great movie and think meh?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The first Batman
Most of the movies starring Kevin Costner and those of Tom Cruise; Don't get me wrong Kevin can act the roles just stink, and it took a long time for Tom Cruise to be a good actor all the mission stuff is junk.
Walked out of one of the Star Wars the Tarzan yell wookie swing was nope I'm out.
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls the kid they gave him as a son was like watching Scooby Doo with Scrappy in it... serious then just stupid camp for no reason other than being PG13 I guess.

Any ways I typically start looking for filmmaking errors when they are too good, reflections bad shadows cuing spots wardrobe like buttons and jewelry etc. Buffalo 66 was about as flawless a film that I've ever seen, Snatch is next in line with that on the same par.

I watch A lot of films mostly horror and seeing P13 there is just a no go at all I don't care how good it is or well written nerfed is nerfed... in other words stop it.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Tokyo Drift was one of the best street racing movies I've seen

So the 'racing' part is the only thing you actually like about it, right?

Personally, I don't like 'action' movies. It's not that I hate movies with action in them, but I hate extended fight scenes, extended car chases, and extended sex scenes. A majority of the time, all 3 of those things just stop the story for a few minutes, in my opinion.

Not so much now with DVR, but before I had DVR there were many times when I would have preferred a dam commercial instead of a sex/action scene. At least with a commercial, I would have known that there was going to be a few empty minutes before the story would continue on.

I hate romance too, even though it sometimes is part of the story. I'd still rather it not even be there.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls the kid they gave him as a son was like watching Scooby Doo with Scrappy in it...

Usually when I see anything mentioned about '...Crystal Skull', it's a negative remark, but I've always loved Indy.

Even the worst Indiana Jones movie is still better than most other movies.

on a side note: Indiana Jones 5 (not yet titled) is scheduled to be released June 30, 2023.
www.imdb.com...

eta: I just noticed this link at the bottom of the IMDB page. Apparently it was announced yesterday that Indiana Jones 5 has now completed filming. www.slashfilm.com...
edit on 2/28/22 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I honestly wanted to see Tokyo Drift it for the hot Asian ladies dressed like catholic school girls but never got around to it.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles Oh it was good looking past that how's this kid swinging through the jungle from vine to vine like for five minutes? Met the actor that played the role a couple of times his energy... well monkey cage would make some sense or ritalin I don't know.

I'm happy to hear they are making another unfortunately the cannon got off as I think Tales of the Gold Monkey(monkey idle) and Alan Quatermain as missing chunks or pieces. But Stephen was being pulled in A lot of directions three movies and about the same amount of tv series at the same time going on... I mean it was an insane amount of work unless just released all on to of each other.

There's a horror movie with that li dude in the wheelchair from the Saint Judes commercials it was good if you can find it as "age" continuity goes you'd think he's like seven from the commercial but is like 40 to 50 ish looking these days.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowfoot

Are you sure you don't mean Shriner's?

One of Shriner's kids was in Christine [2016]
Alec Cabacungan www.imdb.com...

I didn't know he was in any movies, but I was actually just searching some stuff about him (& the other younger kid, Kaleb, who's also frequently in the Shriner commercials) a couple days ago. He's actually only about 20 now.

edit on 2/28/22 by BrokenCircles because: 2016

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

It's the Kaleb one he may have changed his name I'll have to look for it but he plays a front desk clerk at a shady motel

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I thought 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre' was overrated. very negative and depressing.

'Bad Day at Black Rock'. Beautifully filmed and well done, but a ten-minute plot.

'Fargo'. small negative movie with some cutesy moments.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The very worst film i ever wasted a couple of hours of my life I'll never get back. It was BSted up, it's gotta be a great movie. Naah, "The Hurt Locker".

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I kept hearing how step brothers was 'so funny'. Don't think i even broke a smile the entire movie.

As to Uncut Gems, you're spot on it's nothing more than a 6/10 movie.

posted on Feb, 28 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This will get me panned so hard...

"Star Trek 4, The Voyage Home".
EVERYTHING was predictable including the fawning over the whales. Whole movie pounding out the "environmental"
agenda.

Star Wars "The Clone Wars"
After the first movie they went in convoluted political mode, with characters that even if you faithfully kept telling yourself were worth giving a damn about you were lying to yourself. Jimmy Smit's character? He was wasted in that role.He's a way better actor than that dreck.  

And sadly, David Chang's "The Next Thing You Eat".
Another of his movies that are just an excuse for him to go "Full Stoner" with his friends and make money doing it.
I like David Chang, but this was such a complete disappointment I couldn't even "Meh".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join