It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Putin will do now create Vichy Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I just figured out what Putin is going to do with Ukraine.

If you studied WWII then you know what Hitler did with France after he conquered it. Rather than occupying that huge country with troops he needed, he occupied half of France and left the other half semi-occupied with a right-wing collaborationist government headed by a traitor named Marshall Pétain at Vichy France.

Some of you may have seen the great movie with Humphry Bogart, Casablanca, if so, then you know what I mean.

Vichy France (French: Régime de Vichy; 10 July 1940 – 9 August 1944) is the common name of the French State (État français) headed by Marshal Philippe Pétain during World War II. The regime was authoritarian, xenophobic, antisemitic, corporatist and traditionalist in nature. Officially independent, it adopted a policy of collaboration with Nazi Germany, which occupied its northern and western portions before occupying the remainder of Metropolitan France in November 1942. Though Paris was ostensibly its capital, the Vichy government established itself in the resort town of Vichy in the unoccupied "Free Zone" (zone libre), where it remained responsible for the civil administration of France as well as its colonies.[3]

Putin, already copying Hitler's methodology so far by annexing parts of Ukraine, will occupy one half of it and then create a Vichy-style collaborationist other half of Ukraine with a puppet government, independent in name only.

That way he won’t have to occupy the whole country with hundreds of thousands of troops, and he’ll have Gestapo-style security police watching the people like a hawk for any subversives.

Unfortunately not a good future for the people of Ukraine.

Though in France after Hitler was beaten down, they overthrew that government. Hopefully somehow the Ukrainians can win their freedom in the end.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yes; I watched Casablanca about 10 days ago and I had the same idea. I’m not sure it will actually work with Ukraine, but Putin might try it anyway.

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
liveuamap.com...

Ukrainian Air Force IL-76s leaving Lviv,

just followed one on ad exchange it landed in Poland, possibly flying their airplanes to safer locations?

posted on Feb, 24 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I saw it too, wasn't it cool. If we had more Humphrey Bogarts there be no Putin around

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

The question is, what are Putin's true intentions after he seizes Ukraine?

It has been postulated that Putin's true intention is to re-establish the old Soviet Union, re capturing and subjugation the breakaway nations that now are independent. Many of those same nations have subsequently become full members of NATO.

If the conquest of Ukraine fails to satisfy Putin's dreams of reunification, he'll be forced to move against NATO directly,

And that would mean war with the US.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join