It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An honest assessment of Islam from a Christian perspective.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeremiah33three

I mean, that sort of logic can be taken to all sorts of extremes. One could start a debate on why God would not transmogriphy himself into a piece of excrement, or the corpse of a dead rat.

It does not befit the majesty of God to lower himself to such things. God is above and beyond the physical realm, the physical realm is the creation of God. The creator cannot become the creation, otherwise they would stop being the Creator.
One might as well ask the (in my mind, pointless philosophical) question: "Can God cease being God?", the answer would be "No, otherwise that being wasn't God in the first place".

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

A prophet will not be honoured in his own country (in his life time), Muhammad ended up RULING his so he was by all accounts a FALSE prophet, even married a child and yes Aisha WAS just six years old and did go bald on the wedding NIGHT that is in there oldest VERSION (there are older VERSIONS most of that religion was written or RE-written century's later and probably Petra was the real Mecca the current one is not were the oldest mosques were aligned to they were actually aligned to Petra it was a later warlord a sheikh that made the former pagan site of modern Mecca into Modern Mecca though there is a whole conspiracy theory that it is actually a former Hindu inspired or perhaps even Hindu Site that was used by this later Sheikh) of there sura's, he also gave Um Kirfa (A peace maker and widow of the Kuffiri tribes former leader whom had swords given to her as a sign of allegiance by would be suitors and also tribes she had brokered disputes between) Daughter to his UNCLE as a plaything and his men brought Um Kirfa's head to him while he feasted at HER table in HER tent after having her torn apart by camels after they had there way with her, they snuck into her camp hiding beneath the sand during the day like serpents and crawling on there belly's in the dark until they were close enough to attack her guards in a surprise attack - he felt threatened by her because she was so powerful and he actually hated woman so much that he said that NO tribe ruled by a woman would prosper despite the fact before this the Kufiri were a very powerful tribe and then long before the Queen of Sheba was probably even more powerful and her people prospered.

His hatred for woman may have been down him marrying an old woman when he was very young, she had been the widow that owned the import/export business in Mecca (Petra) were he did the trading on her behalf and made her rich, after marrying this old woman he had a thing for younger, very, very much younger woman wanting them to be subject to there husbands and even promised his men that the woman of PERSIA would lay on there backs with there leg's spread so they could be raped by them (he hated Persians because they were probably better salesmen and traders than he was), his first followers were bandit's, rapists, murderers and other outcasts just like himself as he was an outcast for his crimes in Petra (Mecca) and when he retook the city which surrendered as his followers numbers the dregs of society and new converts to his cult had grown to a huge number, he had already strangled the city's lifeblood it's trade routes by raiding it's caravan's or forcing them to pay crippling tribute to him and his men before this, he then went into the city with a spear and hunted down his former accusers murdering the unarmed men in cold blood.

Some wonder if he was poisoned or not but one thing is certain he most definitely did not go to Jerusalem and rise on a winged horse right out of Greek mythology.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Hi LABTECH767! Been a while! You should really calm down before you give yourself a heart attack! Also, this is the first time I've heard that David and Solomon were not Prophets!

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sorry if I came across to you like that, I actually truly believe in God and would say I know he is there that is how strongly I believe and I know that HE not I is the final judge and we that judge will be the ones that get judged so I am sorry if that is how I come across.

As for David and Solomon BOTH kings of Israel DID receive prophetic messages from the Lord and of course Solomon whom is remembered for his wisdom (Not as great as that of Christ).
The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and now One greater than Solomon is here.

There time as you know follow's shortly after the time of the Judges a period of many prophets and there were also living prophets of the Lord whom walked the Land in there time.

But I am NOT denying anyone claim that they are prophets so don't quite get your point there.

I am actually Quoting THIS.

Then Jesus said to them, “Only in his hometown, among his relatives, and in his own household is a prophet without honor.”

My point is that likening a Child molester, slaver, rapist and murderer to the likes of David and Solomon is insulting to them and to the LORD.

Countless Christian visionary's and mystics have SEEN Muhammad burning in Hell, he led so many astray and his cult is still around to this day doing endless harm to so very many soul's.

But while I do not believe God planted that religion I do believe God can still make use of it and not all Islamic people are damned, he will call his own home and forgive those that do not know BUT Jesus IS the only way, the life and the resurrection.

Also Islam makes unfounded claims, denying Jesus was crucified or rose from the dead or was indeed the son of God, claiming that Jesus killed children (probably quoting a heretical second century text called the Infancy Gospel of Thomas that was NOT Written by St Thomas and which garbled an similar legend found in Egypt among the Copt's but were he made two doves as a child by the Nile in that one as a child in exile in the Heretical gospel version he made a flock of sparrows and killed two bully's which are things Jesus would never do, he even healed the guard that had come to take him away after one of his apostles struck the guards ear off, Jesus stopped his apostles from fighting and the temple guard did not try to take them because they probably knew if they did they would have lost so he went willingly knowing he was going to die on that cross AND that he the LIVING TEMPLE of God would rise again on the third day.
Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

It was a Prophet the Prophet Jeremiah whom put the Ark of the Covenant into a safe place exactly were Jesus would be crucified 500 years later right over it, as the temple veil was rent at his death so too was the rock of Golgotha upon which Christ's crucifix stood, just enough so that his blood would trickle down and sprinkle onto the mercy seat of the ark of the covenant (pure water than blood came out of his side - the priests would mix the blood of the sacrificial lamb with water and sprinkle it with hyssop branches onto the people and the alter) so that the prophecy of the LAMB OF GOD slain from the Foundation of the world would be fulfilled.
Of course you may or may not accept this account but I for one believe it with all my being to be the truth.

When some Rabbi thought to be descended from the tribe of Levi were sent in by the Israeli Authority's to recover the ark they all screamed and dropped dead, they had brain haemorrhages or so there autopsy's apparently claimed bu tit was all kept secret by the Israeli authority's, freemasons also gather in the caves and must be planning to also steal it but they will also have no such luck and will also be struck dead if they try.
After this the Israeli authority's sealed the entrance Mr Wyatt had made with a steel plate, concrete and rock infill then bulldozed the crucifix holes were Christ was crucified to hide the evidence.

As you can see the organized church also likes to hide the truth, they have built sites on faith in the wrong places but that is also by God's decision as he did not want them desecrating the evidence until it was time for it to be revealed, the Jerusalem date palm has just been brought back from the dead when a woman planted some seed's found at Masada and managed to get them to germinate, it has been extinct since the time of Christ's first coming, it is a sign of his return being imminent as is the land of Judea being back in Jewish Hands also.

edit on 8-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I don't know what you're quoting, but the fact remains that you stated "A prophet will not be honoured in his own country (in his life time)".
I gave the example of David and Solomon, they are the two most obvious, but I'm sure there are many more.
These two are unequivocally accepted as Prophets of God, and they were rulers and kings of their people.

So obviously there's something broken there somewhere.
edit on 9-3-2022 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You are still trying to ague that Muhammad was a prophet when in fact he was NOT a prophet.

He was a child abuser and a SATANIC one at that, he even told his people when they took the Kaaba which was not that big pagan site in the south of Arabia but some unrecognized or even destroyed site in Petra (funny thing about Petra there are marks on many of the walls that show that a massive flash flood washed it out and afterwards the city was abandoned as if an act of God struck it down) that they could continue to worship the Pagan idols within the temple because they were the high flying cranes that would carry there prayers to God then he later recanted as he had gone against his own teaching and it was later claimed that he was POSSESSED by SATAN something that NO Prophet of the true God EVER was, oh Saint's have fought the Devil and suffered things that would have had then thrown into mental hospitals today.

Also Muhammad claimed he was the last Prophet but some sects of Islam such the Sufi etc have LATER prophets or men seen as prophetical in nature by there followers.

On the other side Christ is NOT the last prophet and he actually not a prophet asperse but the incarnation of the living word of GOD, he is God the WORD OF GOD incarnate, in the beginning was God and WITH GOD was the Word and the Word Was GOD.

Also Muhammad remember was a SALESMAN running an import export business for his Boss an aging Widow and he got to KNOW the religions and customs of his customers, negotiating and persuading were his skills but often the far more canny than usual Persian merchants that passed through Mecca (Petra) were too smart to fall for his wiles and maybe even got him burned on occasion so he got to hate them, he could rip off just about any other merchant but had to be careful of the canny Persian merchant's.

Later he married the old woman while he was still young and she was getting on and old enough to be his mother so he used his while on his own boss.

Eventually though he ran foul of other powerful men in the city, probably diddled a few too many of them and ended up having to get out and run into the wilds and was exiled for his crimes, he bore a grudge and when the city finally surrendered to him (he knew were the caravan's were going and with an expert eye could see the best ones to attack) after he and his new buddies bandit's, rapists and murderers strangled the city's trade growing wealthy and attracting other never do well's to join his ever growing band of bandit's whom were soon calling him a prophet and convinced by his whiles that he was indeed a holy man, it did not hurt that they had never had so much wealth before even if it was blood money.

That is NOT a prophet but he established a very large following and it was in the interests of those that came after him to keep his cult going, most of the Suras were written century's after his death which was only in the early 7th century remember, over the next few hundred years following a civil war that decided some sheikh whom probably never even knew the scuzz bucket was there new leader the capital of there new religion was moved to Saudi Arabia were it is to this day but he probably never even set foot there so that whole religion is a made up one, nice poetry but evil context and if you decide you don't believe (break ranks) off with your head.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Where do you get the idea that "prophets" have to be chaste and pure of heart? King Saul was no angel, he went to witch to summon the dead. David sent his friend to the front lines to be killed so he could marry his wife. I'm sure some of King Solomon's wives were a little young too.

Jonah was so bad even the big fish spit him out!

edit on 9-3-2022 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Oh all too true, God just keep giving us second chances and I am not complaining (non of us are perfect except Jesus of course), also ANYONE can be a prophet if they receive a revelation from God and in fact there are likely a great many walking around in the world today.

But not according to a certain religion you see they had the penultimate and last one as far as they are concerned (not the spin off's that believe there leader or founder was also a prophet albeit a lesser one).

In fact in OUR book faith we believe that prophecy comes from God, God has not turned off the gift of Prophecy and many Prophecy's are meant to be avoided they are warnings against mankind's evil doing and if we somehow are able to avoid there outcome then contrary to popular opinion which then regards them as FAILED they have in fact succeeded in what they were given for, getting us to mend our ways even if only a little bit.

edit on 9-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm not trying to argue ANYTHING with you, that would serve no purpose. You're coming from a place of pure emotion.

I was just surprised by your assertion that a prophet would never be honoured in his country in his lifetime, considering how blatantly untrue that was historically- and it was something I'd never heard argued before, but it seems we've established now that it wasn't true.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Actually it is not blatantly untrue at all.

One thing that people often fear is the truth when it upsets there pre-established ideals and order.

So resistance to the one that speaks the truth, warns them that if they do not mend there comfortable but often very wrong way of living is often natural among human being's.

Hence many saints were murdered, prophets mocked and laughed at and even persecuted.

And it was Jesus himself whom said that.
biblehub.com...

Now if a person is a false prophet, let's say one of the modern SUBSTITUTE religion preachers of the GIVE YOUR MONEY TO ME SO THAT I CAN BUY A LEAR JET modern day US TV Evangelist's then the believers are easily led, mostly out of desperation for God or because there lives lack meaning and they end up being led astray by these FALSE prophets, men whom get lot's and lot's of Honour in there own land's just like that example I drew earlier did.

Oh and I am sorry if I came across like that, it's a good point and you are on your own journey to a greater understanding to it is down to me to point out I am no teacher but simply another fellow person whom I might add in a self appraisal often does not know his arse from his head (pardon the language).

edit on 10-3-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join