It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run on Canada banks is happening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
From Zerohedge

The real-time data tells the story better than the banks or the press for certain.

I heard Tim Pool talking about this data just a few hours ago. I called this several days ago from my MAGA Hub account. I knew this was coming. As soon as Justin started talking about freezing trucker assets there was destined to be a bank run as a result. Good job Castro Jr.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Will truckers be requiring cash payments for their services going forward? No trucks, no economy and those who said nothing or even cheered on the authoritarian measures will change their tunes real quick once they can't get the latest iphone or food.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Information from Zerohedge is pretty much worthless and always suspect for disinformation, which is why I don't waste my time with it.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA
Did we need to know your personal views of Zerohedhe? Did your opinion of Zerohedge add to the conversation?
Have you looked at other sources to see if it is true or not?
If you find it's true, do you have an opinion about that?
Just curious.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
Information from Zerohedge is pretty much worthless and always suspect for disinformation, which is why I don't waste my time with it.

All you have to do is google it to find some credible sources stating it IS true. Or not, if you prefer to believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
All you have to do is google it to find some credible sources stating it IS true. Or not, if you prefer to believe otherwise.

I'm not finding any source definitively stating their is a run, only that there is an outage (coincidental or manufactured). As a matter of fact, an outage would prevent a run as with the system down no one can withdraw funds to create a run so I'm leaning towards manufactured.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There's a huge difference between a bank run, and a small percentage of people taking their money out of the bank.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 03:40 PM
link   
lets see if the trucker/transport sector helps to make the Canadian Dollar ~on Par~ with the deteriorating USA Federal $$

i already gave my Granddaughter the small stash of Silver I had collected over several years ...
for every 50 USA Eagles --> I stacked ---> 60 Maple Leaves to balance the cost-/-value

the buffalo's were just for melt value and the collectables were for her dowery perhaps, wolfs/birds of prey/cougars /others

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   

There's a huge difference between a bank run, and a small percentage of people taking their money out of the bank.

Watch and wait.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Could you quantify that statement with a value?

At what point, specifically, do you consider it a run?

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Could you quantify that statement with a value?

At what point, specifically, do you consider it a run?

Sure, when it's actually a bank run and not just a disinformation site stoking fear.

When was the last time a bank run happened, how many safeguards have been put into place since then, and how many people even use cash fiat currency these days, anyway?

Also, if people want to take all of their money out of a bank, it doesn't have to be in cash, it can be done electronically through banks.

Reply to Nugget1:

I won't hold my breath.

People who are afraid of bankruns should keep extra cash on hand. It's that simple.

People who are afraid of tyranny need to speak out against and resist it as peacefully and lawfully as possible.
edit on 17-2-2022 by IndieA because: added info

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Got, its a bank run when you say it is.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The Pro Mandates/Pro Vax passes bots on YT had being quiet until the arrests had started happening they are claiming how its a relief that this is almost over for Ottawa citizens.

Never mind the wonderful Trudeau's polices that had impacted the supply chain and inflation.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

always suspect for disinformation
If you want to suspect for misinformation, disinformation look no further than the media. Just like how they lied about the effectiveness of the vaccines and boosters.

Now they are finding excuses to still promote them.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Got, its a bank run when you say it is.

I think you would like to believe that but, it's a bank run when it meets the definition of a bank run.

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What Is a Bank Run?

A bank run occurs when a large number of customers of a bank or other financial institution withdraw their deposits simultaneously over concerns of the bank's solvency.

Courtesy of Investopedia.

Id ask the same of them; what is a large number?

Same as I asked you.....

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Never mind the wonderful Trudeau's polices that had impacted the supply chain and inflation.

the last word of your post addresses my post

canadian inflation concerns

so no value upgrade for maple leaves any time soon

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

If you want to suspect for misinformation, disinformation look no further than the media. Just like how they lied about the effectiveness of the vaccines and boosters.

Agreed but why can't they all be full of Sh1t?

IMO I put gatewaypundit, zerohedge,tim pool,tucker,hanity etc in the same bs stratus fear as cnn,msnbc,anderson pooper, and Rachel mandow. They sh1t from different sides but their goals are the same to keep you wasting your time on distractions and focused on the OTHER guy who you have zero influence over. They love fear mongering.

Zerohedge has been declaring impending doom since the dinosaurs and even further back to when pelosie and biden were kids and playing with corn pops leg hair. like a broken clock they are bound to eventually be correct.

However when it comes to trudeau and the elites agenda nothing surprises me.
edit on 07228America/ChicagoThu, 17 Feb 2022 19:07:50 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:20 PM
link   

As news of bank accounts being frozen spread, several major Canadian banks went offline in what appeared to be a bank run.

I guess that one way to 'prove' there isn't a run on banks- and to stop one in its tracks.

vaccineimpact.... com/2022/after-trudeau-freezes-protesters-bank-accounts-a-run-on-canadian-banks-shuts-down-services/

posted on Feb, 17 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What Is a Bank Run?

A bank run occurs when a large number of customers of a bank or other financial institution withdraw their deposits simultaneously over concerns of the bank's solvency.

Courtesy of Investopedia.

Id ask the same of them; what is a large number?

Same as I asked you.....

I'd say the only time it matters is when they can no longer meet demand for physical currency. There is likely no number available because they have no idea when they'd reach that point.

To give some perspective it's only a couple percent of dollars that are physical in the US. I'm guessing Canada has similar stats. The remaining 98% of digital cash came close to being exhausted a short while back, a total liquidity lock-up. They have increased draws for the banks, but the introduction of Fedcoin will give them near instant liquidity in the future. If 98% of the total supply can approach a critical fault then it wouldn't take much to start, at a minimum, regional physical cash shortages.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join