It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aldous Huxley Mike Wallace Interview Repeat of 2010 poste

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I just finished listening to Aldous Huxley's 1956 narration of, "A Brave New World".
Not the same when compared to being ordered to read it and write a report about it for high school.
Quite another when it appears as a blaring warning to what we are currently experiencing.

httpsSEMICOLON//m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FDwfNE6YE&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D#

Happiness as a weapon used by dictators instead of repression.

Sound familiar? You will own nothing and be happy" - Klaus Schwab

"There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it."

Life imitates art. History rhymes. Matt Groening isn't the only artist who can see into the future!

A Brave New World was published in 1932 by Aldous Huxley.
I have read, in one of the passages down The Rabbit Hole, that he wrote ABNW, with inspiration/information from one of his brothers who was a scientist for UNESCO. I would love to provide the link but I can't recall if I read that or listened to it in a book review of ABNW.

m.youtube.com...#

Albous Huxley also wrote, "Enemies of Freedom", and in my search, I found a link to ATS from 2010:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"All that is needed is money and a candidate who can be coached to look sincere. Political principles and plans for specific action have come to lose most of their importance. The personality of the candidate, the way he is projected by the advertising experts, these are the things that really matter.”
- Aldous Huxley, “Enemies of Freedom”

Paging Joe Biden, Barack Obama, George Bush (both H & W), Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson, yada, yada, yada. I honestly believe JFK was not part of the plan but some in his cabinet were.

I have recently had my head surgically removed from my anal sphincter; yes, a former DEMONcRAT. No need for the flogging, as I am now the Black Sheep ( I prefer Goat, thank you veryuch!) of my siblings (thankfully my parents have passed and escaped the current plunge into Corporatetocracy/Totalitarianism).

I still have much to investigate/learn but I found this so profoundly interesting, I wanted to share before I delve deeper into The Rabbit Hole and all the passages it leads.

My apologies, not sure how to post utube links. I don't poste often.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Really interesting interview. Brave New World, Enemies of Freedom.

Watch "Aldous Huxley interviewed by Mike Wallace : 1958 (Full)" on YouTube
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnRepentantHarlequin

...A Brave New World was published in 1932 by Aldous Huxley.
I have read, in one of the passages down The Rabbit Hole, that he wrote ABNW, with inspiration/information from one of his brothers who was a scientist for UNESCO. I would love to provide the link but I can't recall if I read that or listened to it in a book review of ABNW....

Interesting interview but this part is probably mis-remembered.

UNESCO wasn't even thought of until November 16, 1945 so ABNW, being published in 1932, would have most likely not been influenced by any brother's experience with or in UNESCO.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

would have most likely not been influenced by any brother's experience with or in UNESCO

I agree. I suspect his brothers influence was the fact he was a eugenecist c@#$.

posted on Feb, 16 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

would have most likely not been influenced by any brother's experience with or in UNESCO

I agree. I suspect his brothers influence was the fact he was a eugenecist c@#$.

Ahhh. I see. Probably true. I just thought the OP was trying to link said influence to UNESCO since he mentioned it.

Anyway, thanks. Didn't know that and now I have some reading for tonight other than my new Honorverse sci-fi (Call to Insurrection).
edit on 16/2/22 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/2/22 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

top topics

join