It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Algorithm Driven Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:11 AM
link   
How would you know if you were being controlled by AI Algorithms or if the decisions you were making were actually yours?

Quantum networking, DeepMind, Paralell Filter Tracking, BOINC,REBUS, along with others, create a grid of future actions by set decisions. AI determines the events that will happen after a choice has been decided by the user. It then sets up parameters that will be needed to guide the user along the path that it has determined to have a desired outcome it has chosen for the future of society.

AI decides what comes up when we search anything, then steers the direction it wants us to go in,which it has preselected for your future outcome.
The reason I ask is because I had a problem with my Jeep Rubicon this week. When I would turn the key it would have trouble starting, like the battery was dying. After a few days it quit turning over altogether. I checked the battery and the starter and they were fine. So I searched Jeep trouble starting and I expected to get a bunch of hits on battery is dead or starter needs replacing. Instead the first thing it went too was ignition switch actuator pin broken and so I checked it and that is what it was. Was AI listening over the last week and recording the sound it was making when starting or was it just a lucky search hit?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

It's been done in the US for decades - I think it was back in the 70s the RAND corporation models for LA caused the LA Fires and Riots by removing emergency services from deprived areas to attract richer people.

Same with ALLADIN the AI Blackrock and similar use to control $7tn+ in investments and preventing the world/power structures from ever changing to maintain profit.

There's one used for pre-crime on US citizens also which I can't remember the name of but is publicly only used to determine risk of sex offenders re-offending if released from prison.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I used to work in a restaurant that tracked sales, food, paper, etc. by the half hour and from that you could fairly accurately determine when and where the rushes would come in. When we started tracking weather and local events with it, the accuracy went further up. Watching this made me wonder if people truly "decided" to go to the restaurant at that time or not.

One day I decided to look at my own habits and realized that I followed the same trend of timing. Whether it was subconscious from looking at the reports is debatable but I don't think it had to do with the three meals dictating the timetables.

The expectation was five to seven in the morning was breakfast rush, eleven to one was lunch rush and four to seven was dinner. Looking over the reports you could see certain weeks (and I forget all the variables) but between those expected times would be spikes and then certain weeks certain foods/paper could be expected to be used more or less.

Did those people truly decide on their own to go there at certain times for certain things in a predictable pattern they weren't aware of?

I would argue people form habits without realizing it or even by lying to themselves. They are unaware they have these unconscious IF/THEN variables to their personality. Even to the point you can predict when they want to be "spontaneous".

There might be a reason ancient cultures were obsessed with circles. Everything works on a circle, a cycle, a sphere.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

Or if a restaurant could send out advertisements when people drove by that could make them think about food and become hungry and stop. Like Pavlov’s experiment. They even have apps that give you money if you download your receipts, so they know what you eat, how much, times you shop the most, and where you shop. But what they are doing now is insane. They have AI predict virus outbreak how people will respond to each announcement. These computers know your entire schedule, location, who your friends are, and what you eat. That is power that few people understand. And we trust the people in charge of this power?

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

But the advancements now are worse. Back then it was generalized. Now they have this huge computer system that can store each individuals history. Up to an entire year is the last they reported but probably is more now. And then AI predicts each individuals future within a certain percentage of accuracy. AI has become way smarter than we are, don’t know if that’s good or bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2022 @ 09:08 PM
link   

AI even has an immune system. So it can cure bugs and viruses on its own. Seems we are becoming more and more useless to it.

top topics

join